Whitney Houston Performs at Brown Family Funeral

2/1/2011 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown reunited yesterday in Boston, where Whitney sang at the funeral for Bobby's mother.

Whitney Houston Mama Brown Funeral Video
Whitney performed twice during the service for Carole Brown, singing the gospel song "Precious Lord Take My Hand" solo and later joining in while Johnny Gill and the rest of New Edition sang "Never Would Have Made It."

Sources tell TMZ ... Whitney reached out to Bobby and asked if she could participate in the funeral.

Bobby's mother passed away January 20 in L.A.

HisFavor

This was a funeral. Its such a shame that this is looked at a performance!!! The person who sent this to you should be ashamed but people will do anything for money or a lil bit of fame. I'm disgusted that TMZ doesn't have any class by posting such a thing!

HisFavor

I agree 100% #21

#25 please DO NOT be confused, the neweditionfanclub.com is an UNOFFICIAL fan club and is headed by a FAN. So this is not a poor reflection of NEW EDITION as they had NOTHING to do with the tackiness of the person who recorded and shared it with the world...

Bobby is a human being who hurts like the rest of us. His mother died and we should allow him to grieve like anyone else would want for heaven sakes....

iceyt

i heard the unofficial fan club owner taped and put this bs on the internet Whitney should be verry upset and a REAL fan club should know better. ne need to take control of their own site! Real Talk!

iceyt

i heard the (unofficial)fan club is making millions off new edition with their website by selling new edition's fame and wanted to tape this to get more money by using this so called "exclusive". smh... #32.....if this is not a refection on NE then it is a bad refection on the fan (so called) fan club. NEFC is not a REAL(or shall I say LOYAL)FAN of New Edition! SELFISH!

iceyt

Tasteless

HisFavor

#34 yes, a poor reflection of the UNOFFICIAL fanclub....I agree definitely not LOYAL

Felicity

New edition fans were saying new edition reunited and on stage that they enjoyed the video and thanks for posting to the fanclub owner like it was a concert. This was a funeral people. Isn't new edition a classy group?

Vincent F.

Classless tasteless disrespectful to have video from a funeral sent around the internet. Shame on whoever NE has running their fanclub.

Darrell

Take this **** down its bad enough she passed away now u have the audacity to post footage of her homegoing. TMZ you should be ashamed of yourselves. Can the brown family please get some type of privacy. I swear you guys dont care about anything but making a quick buck.

KiKi Miller

My prayers go out to the family and friends of Mrs. Brown.

Please join me and other respectful New Edition fans in requesting that TMZ and YouTube remove these videos from the Internet.

The "Unofficial" New Edition Fan website has been a graveyard for over a year now because of things like this so please do not judge all of us by the actions of one desperate, disgusting person...and please certainly don't judge New Edition...I'm sure they are as disgusted by this action as their REAL fans are.

Brian

#34, New Edition can't make millions off of New Edition anymore, so I don't know why you'd think a fan website would.

comment18isKING

Oh Whitney! I love you(A WHITE BOY...CAN that be??? Can I be White and %$^$%ing LOVE Whitney and NEVER EVER think of making a joke at her expense..I guess so)

STILL EASILY the BEST voice in the world. Others do not come close. And if we go back to the 80-90's & "The VOICE" well I think we all know this woman proved herself as the greatest singer of all time.

I will LOVE this woman forever and I wish her well in her life.

&People you do realize people are different...right? It's NOT AT ALL UNUSUAL for photos/videos to be taken at a funeral. It's also not always a somber, crying fest. Count yourself as LUCKY that you have not been to enough funerals to know that.

LOVE ya Whitney ....NOW ...THEN....ALWAYS!!!!

cynthia

That comment about only performing at funerals was uncalled for under the cir***stances. Bobby's mother passed and Whitney was her daughter in law for a time. She and Bobby Kristina are part of that family so it was a kind gesture done out of respect.

chux

So sweet and thotfull of Whitney. May the good Lord grant Bobby the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. (but why did he leave out LANDON in his post.....is he no longer a part of his family????)

Truth

New Edition is broken up for good since several years ago. LOL. No one cares let alone making "millions" off of them. If so, someone tell Bobby Brown, cause the douche bag lowered his child support payments to like $500 since he's flat broke now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments