Lindsay Lohan:

I Just Borrowed That

Damn Necklace!

2/2/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan claims she did not steal the necklace at the center of a criminal investigation ... rather, she claims it was loaned to her and a stylist simply forgot to return it on time ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_02

Sources closely connected with Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay was in the jewelry store in Venice, CA  on January 22 and claims the necklace was loaned to her.

Lindsay claims she gave it back to a stylist at some point thereafter but the stylist neglected to return it on time.

Lindsay says her stylist is the one who returned it to the LAPD last night.

Lindsay says, according to sources, "I didn't have any part in the non-returning on time."

Lambertson

Let's think this through... I'm sure if a stylist checks out a piece of merchandise, there is a protocall & a paperwork trail for accountability. I'm also assuming a deposit is left or at a minimum, a credit card is on-file incase something is ultimately not returned. A shop owner would NOT just "loan" out an expensive piece of jewelry, then call the police over it being late. That stylist's account would be charged & their butt would be on the line until it was returned. The fact that the store owner called the police because it was "last seen on Lindsay's neck" on surveylance cameras in their store, means they had reason to beleive it was STOLEN by HER!

kimd

Either she's the dumbest damn person alive or the unluckiest.Can't figure out which,although I do have an opinion.

Raw Shoshanna

"Borrowed".... Riiiiight,

And all that Cocaine? You were just "smelling" it, right, Lindsay?

Milka-What?

Whomee11

Lindsay lohan a victim of bad parenting..It is what you might get when you put a kid on a limelight at a early age..I hope parents would learn from this.Charly sheen,lady gaga,lilo,miley,aren't these your role models?Wake up America.

Kitten

My uncle got prison time for borrowing cars once.

Teal

Goodness! no--Badness!

ohboy

Umm Linds, If that IS So, Why did the Store owner not realize you had it until he saw you wearing it on TV- and why was it recovered at the apartment you are staying in- Not the stylists.....

george

slam her ass back in jail.. she should have never got away with her last crime..she is nothing more than a lying junkie whos 15 minutes has long expired... its only the media that keeps her "famous" so please just let her go rot in her own misery, i believe the people are ready to be rid of her she is about as innocent as oj!!

John

I usually return all the stuff that is loaned to me by others to the local police. So I think Lindsay did the right thing by returning the loaned necklace to the LAPD instead of the store owner who loaned it to her.

Sera

so why didn't the store tell the police that the necklace was on loan? And if that was an issue why didn't they just call her and ask for it back. This isn't the first time Lindsay has been accused of theft. The girl has some serious issues.

Nic (Big Dong!)

I think Lindsay is looking more beautiful than I have ever seen her in recent years, and I love her hair right now. She's nothing but trouble but is also becoming a little hard-body. Totally kills me! Linz... don't worry about the necklace! I'll give you a fat pearl necklace anytime you want! ;)

Yeah, well... we all knew that one was coming! Oh! DOUBLE WHAMMY on that one or what!? Ka-ching!!

Nic (Big Dong!)

sunshinerad

I honestly do think Lindsay has taken responsibility for all her actions.

ManiacalZebra

"I am not responsible for the people I hire to do my bidding!"

Angela van Greunen

Once an addict always an addict, have a 28 yr old son who is in jail right now and it is not the first time. You can never trust what they say or do! The super power of the world USA's justice system and police departments are taking a tarnishing because a spoilt/famous/drug addict???? Then I think here in South Africa were okay!!!!!!

Phil

Please, can't we give this girl a break? Why so many negative comments? No one's perfect... Let's give her some credit for at least trying. Progress not perfection!!!