Lindsay Internet Picture Triggered Search Warrant

2/2/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A photo on the Internet triggered the search warrant that targeted  Lindsay Lohan ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_necklace_EX_x17online

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the owner of the jewelry store who filed the complaint against Lindsay saw an Internet photo of Lindsay wearing what the owner claims is a "one-of-a-kind necklace."   We have confirmed the photo (above) shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in question.

The store owner went to cops with the photo and the surveillance video -- shot January 22 --  which we've learned shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in the store.

The store owner told cops Lindsay frequented her store.

Peter

Why are there still stories of Lindsay Lohan every day? Aren't people sick of her yet? I am!

Lucky_130

Lindsay is one of those people if you know them you cant really call a friend.
She will use you for whatever means, and move on to the next victim.
Im glad I never new her!

Lori

EMAIL THE CHIEF OF LAPD...it's on their website...and tell him you want his dept. TO DO THE JOB THEY WOULD DO IF THIS WERE A BLACK CHICK FROM COMPTON...enough with the double standard...

JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,
JAIL,

christy

Lindsey - your story has holes bigger than the Titanic, and
I hope you sink just as hard. I swear if she doesn't get in
trouble - AGAIN - I might just have to fly to LA and smack her
myself.
Also, someone stole my moniker and I have been on these boards
for a very long time - Harvey - stop allowing that!
(at least the thief - the monkiker stealer, not LL) shares
my opinions. Lying Loser Lindsey Lohan Lieing lyer with more
lieing on top.

jen

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaahhahahshe needed to be back in the spotlight somehow..this pig is truly the c word.....is she off parole? does theft count as breaking the law or probation in the land of california? or do you just give her more money and a movie script and tell her how good her hair looks....hahahahaha s***bag

maggie

better start practicing your pose in the mirror for mug shot # 5. Please dye your hair back to red...Blonde hair does not go with your complexion at all and please no more duck lips!!

DANA

If the store doesnt press charges this will be another pay off like "ok I´ll pay the necklace".

missbella

We still need to hear the details of how it was loaned to her without the store's knowledge of this. I think Dina needs to weigh in on this...maybe on the Today show tomorrow?

beachgal

She's a druggie alcoholic THIEF. How much lower can you go, Lindsay Lowlife-

Julie

When she stole the fur coat from Masha she did the same thing, wore it out in public to be photographed. Chick has serious problems.

lou

#14, Tammy, I think the "behind glass" method is for peons like you and me, not for rich folk in Venice. I assume they would be very offended if they had to ask to see something and wait to have it unlocked. And offended to have it assumed that the jewelry needs to be behind glass and that they might steal it...which Lilo clearly did.

What happened to her: "They're nuts, I never had the necklace" excuse, anyway? Ah, I guess that her lawyer, Shawn Crapjob, must have suggested this new, kinder, gentler euphamism for stealing.

lou

Oops, Daddy Lohan had better push Kate Major aside from taking death bed photos of him in the hospital and grab his checkbook...looks like another $25K is going to be needed to make this one go away.

Anya

This dumb byotch will never change until she's held accountable for her stupid and illegal actions. She'll only get worse.

missbella

Although, that is a really nice necklace and I'd steal it to if I had the chance.

jus-sayin

And she will get away with it.