« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger -- BOOZING at Texas Piano Bar

2/3/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger is paying extra special attention to his diet this week -- because when he was pounding drinks at a Texas bar Tuesday night ... he wanted his rum mixed with DIET COKE.

Ben Roethlisberger Piano Bar
TMZ has obtained FOOTAGE of the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback hanging out at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Fort Worth Texas ... where he sang his face off from 11:00 PM until 1:15 AM the next morning.

Sources inside the bar tell us Big Ben arrived with two massive teammates -- and bought several rounds of drinks for himself AND the entire bar.

We're told Ben racked up an $800 tab -- and tipped an additional $200.  People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

So, we gotta ask ...

UPDATE: This morning, Ben told reporters about his big night out ... saying, "It was a superstition and tradition on Tuesday night. I take the linemen out to dinner. We went out for barbecue and then we wanted to hear some live music. We just had an enjoyable night."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wordshark

TMZ is really fishing here... Ben has never been charged with a crime. He's old enough to drink. He's with teammates. And it's early in the week.

TMZ, you imbeciles, save the hate for Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan. Ben was behaving himself and was pretty generous, even.

No story here... move along. A*holes!

Stupid People Hater

There is no way this would affect a Sunday game. Get real idiots.

Wish it was me

Please STOP. $200 on an $800 tab is a good, solid tip. I wish I was a single, 20-something star NFL QB going to the super bowl. Partying with the teammates before the Super Bowl sounds like fun. Wish it was me.

DetroitRocks

Total non story

jrminpa

Are you kidding me? This is all you have to report? Must be a slow day in the gossip world! I guess Big Ben should have went to church to satisfy the critics.

msg

The game is not until Sunday night - big deal that he's enjoying himself days before...I love Big Ben! Go Steelers!

Chip Brubaker

I like Big Ben, like me he's got balls...there's players and watcher's, like musicians and listeners.. I love how the people with no talent, show there charactor weakness of jealousy and don't even realize it. Ironically, I would love to see Green Bay win, but I like Big Ben. Chip Brubaker

BRizzle

Hey everyone that voted "Yes-Stupid". How many of you have Superbowl rings? Ok then.....

Superman

The guy hasn't learned his lesson. The only thing that kept him from getting drunk and raping again was his two teammates with him.

Phil

This website and their bull**** glamourization of trivial incidents is absurd. The only thing more surprising is that people buy into this dreck. Get a life people. In case you havent heard, the Super Bowl is a huge party. It always has been and is promoted as such. The game itself has almost become a biproduct to the fact. The only things this guy is guilty of is poor judgement and questionable character.

Kathy

The video is so far away and of such bad quality - I don't think it's Ben and even if it was so what!!!!
Go Steelers!!!!!

elaine

Tomlin, get your boy!!

JackLambert58

#steelersnation Check out the twitter-powered terrible towel! http://ustre.am/tnnm tweet #steelersnation watch your tweet spin the terrible towel http://twerribletowel.com/

JackLambert58

We got your back, Ben!

Thines

Everyone of those guys are out partying it's SUPERBOWL!! What because some dunb money hungry WHORES acussed him of rape!! Which they didn't have enough evidence to prove ( of course!because she just gave it up and got left,oh well keep your legs closed bitch!!!!) Vick was at strip club after the eagles lost in first rd there were 3 jets players out after they lost to pitt.!! Give the guy a break!! I'm glad he doesn't let haters bring him down!!!!