« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger -- BOOZING at Texas Piano Bar

2/3/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger is paying extra special attention to his diet this week -- because when he was pounding drinks at a Texas bar Tuesday night ... he wanted his rum mixed with DIET COKE.

Ben Roethlisberger Piano Bar
TMZ has obtained FOOTAGE of the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback hanging out at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Fort Worth Texas ... where he sang his face off from 11:00 PM until 1:15 AM the next morning.

Sources inside the bar tell us Big Ben arrived with two massive teammates -- and bought several rounds of drinks for himself AND the entire bar.

We're told Ben racked up an $800 tab -- and tipped an additional $200.  People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

So, we gotta ask ...

UPDATE: This morning, Ben told reporters about his big night out ... saying, "It was a superstition and tradition on Tuesday night. I take the linemen out to dinner. We went out for barbecue and then we wanted to hear some live music. We just had an enjoyable night."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

chicken227

what a dumb ass.. I love the Steelers.. but he is one of the dumbest jocks I have seen.. keep boozing it up Ben...If I didn't have money riding on this game, I'd wish you to lose.. DUMB ASS

bewildered

Definitley NOT Big Ben! How embarrassing for you TMZ! GO STEELERS!!

SaraBellum

"where he sang his face off from 11:00 PM until 1:15 AM the next morning."... He was there for a couple hours - you make it sound like a marathon binge.

RonBurgundy

I've said this before and I'll say it again - Pittsburgh fans are by far the ugliest group of people on the planet.
The team may win, that's not what bothers me.
Big Ben is a TWICE accused rapist, that's not what bothers me, but having the nastiest, fattest pigs donning those black and yellow colors makes me want to puke.

No-one can deny the ugliness that surrounds these souls. It must be something in the water over there that has ruined the gene pool.

We are all guaranteed to see a fat lady wearing a steelers shirt today, when she turns around and you see her face, remember what I said about the ugliness, surely you will agree.

jenn

There is no evidence in this pic that he was drinking anything. Come on TMZ... Really???

Here we Go Steelers!!

LaReina

A whopping two hours at a bar with friends. He was courteous and tipped well. So what. Save your sanctimony for some other football player.

Mike Wittman

And I guess "boozing" it up in a bar is a crime? Ha! If that's the case, you guys would be plenty busy across the country all the time! His problem is drunken women, not drinking.

dj61

Was his "fiancee" with him too? This dude clearly has a substance abuse problem.

jrm523

He's not an idiot. Thank you Ben for really letting loose right before the big game. Thank you from all the Packer fans (Like me). Remember how the partying worked out for Romo a few years ago? Yeah...that worked out great. So Big Ben... stay out all night -- you're next drink is on me :) lol

Kaytee

UGH! This guy really grosses me out... He makes me feel ill

BREAKFAST4

was he allowed in the bathroom unescorted?

fred

Ben Rapestburger will never change.

He needs to grow up.

suzyQ

So the man may never enter a drinking establishment/restaurant/bar/party ever again ???? TMZ, you are such a rediculously STUPID news feed ! It's like when the media asked Hines Ward the other day " when you went out last night, where did you go ?....Hines Ward replied " NONE of your BUSINESS !!!!" These guys play football....they make lots of money for the JOB they do ! They are human ! not super heros that are put on some type of pedistal you losers would like them to be on.....so stick your high and mighty, church going, holier than though attitudes up your R#)&@#&&*# !!!! GO STEELERS !!! Come on BIG BEN !!! Get that RING and slug these fools right in the face with it !!!!!

Kaytee

Since when is Tmz considered a news site? It's an entertainment gossip site... sheesh people

myliverhurts

Ben not a Rapist. Just an ATM for greedy whore like women looking for easy money. Not surprised. False rape claims are serious business usually a women receives a slap on the wrist while a mans reputation is damaged forever...