« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger -- BOOZING at Texas Piano Bar

2/3/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger is paying extra special attention to his diet this week -- because when he was pounding drinks at a Texas bar Tuesday night ... he wanted his rum mixed with DIET COKE.

Ben Roethlisberger Piano Bar
TMZ has obtained FOOTAGE of the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback hanging out at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Fort Worth Texas ... where he sang his face off from 11:00 PM until 1:15 AM the next morning.

Sources inside the bar tell us Big Ben arrived with two massive teammates -- and bought several rounds of drinks for himself AND the entire bar.

We're told Ben racked up an $800 tab -- and tipped an additional $200.  People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

So, we gotta ask ...

UPDATE: This morning, Ben told reporters about his big night out ... saying, "It was a superstition and tradition on Tuesday night. I take the linemen out to dinner. We went out for barbecue and then we wanted to hear some live music. We just had an enjoyable night."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rich

First of all "Dug Pound" you must be a Foreigner.
A Salt Water WetBack.

In this Country your Innocent till Proven Guilty

Kathy

So what!!!!!!! All I can see he was sitting and singing......don't tell me that all of the other players form either team was just sitting around waiting for Sunday..Find someone else to follow..maybe the story would be worth watching.
Um, by chance--did you find out what kind of toilet paper he uses? (that may make another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eastboston10

MY GOD, THE PROBLEM WITH THE PRESS & PEOPLE WHO are looking for anything to put the man down! give him a break, there is not one thing wrong having a goos time a week before.. No differant then any other men especially the DAY before they get married!!!!!!!!!!! what a special day to get DRUNK before,, And Ben is no differant then any other Football player!!

Kathy Brookhart

For all you losers out there, Quit hating on Ben. Why don't you all go buy a dog and name them life that way you can have one of your own. Ben Has done nothing wrong...Go Steelers

Allen Gavillet

BOOZING? Get real he had a couple of drinks. This is another prime example of media sensationalizing something. Then again I have to remember TMZ is just a tabloid. I do hope you realize the damage you can do with this article. If I was Ben, I would laugh at you, then contact my attorney.

Dave Rappold

Glad to see he's human. Life is short . Live it to the fullest. Really enjoy those piano bars.

Doug

Oh my god...he did the same thing he's been doing all year and took his offensive line out to eat on Tuesday night. And he had a drink or two??? a grown man having a few drinks with dinner??? unheard of. jesus ****ing christ guys....this story is based on about 30 percent fact and 70 percent complete and total bull**** as has been proven by Coach Tomlin and other Steelers players. Now the karoke? Unforgivable. He really needs to apologize to the Steelers organization and all Steelers fans for that.

Jim Evans

wow... so far the survey is 55/45 saying he was stupid.. I took my own personal poll and found that a young man listening to dueling pianos and knocking back a few drinks with a few friends several days before the super bowl is 100/0 percent less stupid than fist fighting or worse yet pulling a gun in a strip joint... get a grip folks ... quite honestly this is a non-story... for the record I am a life long Raider fan, since 1963, and detest the Steelers ... imagine what these sissified writer boys would have to say about the likes of Kenny Stabler, Bobby Lane, Broadway Joe,and Paul Horning ...

Mimi

If Ben took a kindergarten class to McDonalds for lunch, this idiotic media source (TMZ) would turn it into an underage drinking party. (The drink of choice was Coke.)

B

Blame the head coach for this........he should be enforcing team discipline especially for this most important game of the entire season.......Ben is an overgrown baby who knows no boundaries and has probably been spoiled and pampered his entire life. What is it with these coaches who are afraid to instill discipline in these guys? They should be insisting on uniform haircuts and strict curfews without exception. Ben is totally out of control and should have been disciplined after the cycle accident.......it's clear he has no regard for the rest of the team...........I'd rename him "Ben-ego"!!!

Tarzanoir

I'm a total Raveens fan.What difference does having a few on Tuesday have to do with what happens onthe following Sunday? As much as I hate the Steelers,I respect their ability. The media is really over the top on this. Go for it Ben.So you made an ass of yourself in the past.I hope the Packers kick your ass.No. I really don't care who wins......if I'm honest about it!

T. James

Its called class folks, and Ben doesnt have an once of it. Its a good thing Jack Lambert retired, because he would of kicked Bens ass from here to sun down.

Chad

fart sound. It's TUESDAY night ......I'm sure he'll be more than recovered by Sunday - Shut the **** up you retards

markham641

He has obviously never studied the fact that with every time an athlete drinks to the point of intoxication, it takes 14 days of training time way of muscle memory.

Genius.

Gerald Nelson

TMZ you guys are a bunch of s***bags try to start a controversy just because a player is at a bar early in the week. It's a non-story it's none of your business how much he spent at the bar get a life you losers.