Mishmash

2/3/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 67-year-old recently resurfaced for a movie role looking revived.

0201_memba_mash_reveal

Gary came out of retirement to star in a movie called "Daniel's Lot."

Burghoff played the drums in a band called the Relatives.

SaraBellum

Radar!!! Loved him and his grape knee-highs on that show

MP

He looks great! Love him! To this day I still say MASH was the best TV show in history. I love Col. Potter and his horse, Sophie.

Nancy

Yes, he was GREAT . he left M.A.S.H. to be a movie star .. looks like he made it! BTW all the dialogue done in the movie over the loud speaker was written by David Arkin, who was one of the leads on "Men at Law" - not sure if he continued it on the series or not, but producers loved it and kept that 'over the loud speaker stuff' in because of David being good friends way back then, unfortunately, David took his own life when he was VERY young:( He was in the Feature of MASH.

Bio Gary he did stay a LONG time on the series, I was at Fox at the time on Spelling shows, but on that set many times with visitors, I do believe he wanted to do movies, rather than TV. Back then, Films did NOT want TV people and TV did not want Film people. Strange business. MUCH different today, daytime actors can be in prime-time shows and no one wanted them either back then.

Andrettianna

Wow! 67? I remember watching MASH with my dad when I was younger. He looks good! I hope his movie does well.

anon.

Doesn't look like he aged well:(

Mike

I wonder if he still plays the drums? He did in one episode of MASH and he was amazing...

jackmama311

let's call sparky, maybe we can trade radar for a younger version of loretta swit...i'm just sayin'

Robert Ellis

the only time we got to have the T.V on during dinner was for M.A.S.H. Later i found out they did a movie and watched it and love it to this day. glad he is looking good and doing well. Hey wait a sec....CHOPPERS!! WE HAVE WOUNDED!!

Vinny

That picture makes him look like he could be Joe Pescis brother.

urbusted

To # 5 "anon" who said he didn't age well...

Are you crazy or just need glasses? He's 67! he looks great!
God Bless him!

BTW, don't you think YOU will ever age and get a few wrinkles?

Different Rules Apply

Greatest show in history, glad to see Gary looking so well. Humor will do a body good.

crazy christmas pie

wow, getting old sucks--old people are so ugly, with a few exceptions--how is THIS looking "great" people? Now Katrina Kaif is a great looking 67 y.o., not poor Radar--LOL

crazy christmas pie

I meant Amitabh Bachchan -- LOL!

scandalous

I was not much of a M.A.S.H fan, although being the youngest kid in a large family my opinion didn't count for much, TV-wise. Even though I was not a huge fan of the show, I did watch it (I was a kid and it was TV...lol...nuff said!) and the Radar character was my favorite...in the midst of war he imparted an innocence that unfortunately is missing in most of today’s youth.

JJ

Thanks for the great memories of a simpler time & family.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments