Lindsay Lohan Jewelry Case -- No Decision This Week

2/3/2011 3:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will have a tense weekend, because a spokesperson for the L.A. County District Attorney's Office tells TMZ ... the D.A. will not make a decision this week on whether to prosecute Lindsay for the alleged jewelry heist.

Lindsay Lohan Jewelry Heist
The D.A. has three options:  Filing a felony grand theft charge, filing a misdemeanor grand theft charge or not filing any charges.

The case was submitted to the D.A. by the LAPD yesterday.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Josephina

I think she'll get off, again, unfortunately.

panthergirl89

I think us ordinary citizens should flood Danette Meyers with e-mails, letters and phone calls and demand justice! Especially those of us in California, and those of us in L.A. Ms. Meyers is running for L.A. DA position she has been Deputy DA for 24 years.

jordan

Why,why,does everything have to be so complicated when it comes to LiLo?

I mean what is the hold up? How can it be that tough to figure out. Either the store loaned it or they didnt. Period. Point A to point B. Dont see why there is so much confusion.

Cravin Morehead

I bet they DO file charges. The DA's Office knows crime will be reduced by 50% in LA if she goes back to jail!

Justice

1. If it was loaned, when was the insurance rider signed?
2. No legal Balement was ever created.
3. The store owner would NOT expose himself to filing a false Police Report, a crime.
4. They could also go for "Theft by Deception"

Nice try. They are waiting till Monday to go over ALL the charges, including all the Betty Ford allegations.

Her stupid assistant is also now an accessory, though I doubt anyone will prosecute that.

Buckaroobonzai

lol listen folks... Have you not figured this out yet? People who really steal $2500 necklaces get arrested and go straight to jail. SO... There is OBVIOUSLY more to the story. And do you think the store owner didn't know she walked out with this thing?? Look, TMZ wants you to check the site as regularly as possible to justify their advertisement charges so they will lead us all on till the very end. I promise you that Harvey knows more to this story and he is feeding it to you in a very well decided order. Quit acting like cattle and stop letting the media heard you. I love TMZ! But I also understand TMZ!

richardwww

The delay is good for Lindsay. If they were sure they would charge her now.

Kiko

Well, I for one may be a bit biased because I just LOVE going down on red-heads and any LiLo news just reminds me of that whole fire-crotch talk fro years ago which I admit makes me a bit squishy in my own bits... but anywho... LiLo is just chum in the water for every health facility worker who hates her job and wants a big payout, or every "jewelry" shop owner who hates the terms of their lease (yeah, look into it...) and needs to figure what to do after a DISMAL Christmas sales season.

Hey Lindsay, **** Venice. Come chill with me in San Marino. I have an awesome pad and you can "borrow" anything you want.

theroyalgs

I wonder if I went and stole a $2,500. dollar neclace they have on tape and a picture of me wearing it, if the Prosecutors would let me go without prosecution. Same as Lindsy has done this before with a fur coat and another neclace.
Just like Charlie Sheen having a suitcase of coke delivered to his house and no investigation.
If this is not prosecuted,I plainly see the Los Angeles District Attorneys are equally criminal

haha

Sure, Buckaroobonzai. Why didn't they go to OJ and arrest him and put him straight in jail instead of allowing him to turn himself in? Why do celebs get to turn themselves in, when cops come bust down the doors of normies?

Sally

More on her compulsive thieving:

Lindsay Lohan, who vanished after her arrest 10 days ago and is said to be confined at a California rehab - possibly the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage - was once in the running to be the new face of Louis Vuitton. But after a disastrous Elle magazine shoot two months ago, the luxury line will no longer even lend her clothes. "Louis Vuitton had sent over some samples for her to wear in the shoot," said a snitch. "Lindsay [at right, in a shot with a stuffed tiger from the September issue], kept shoving the clothes into her bag, and a stylist's assistant kept getting them out of the bag, only to have Lindsay keep trying to take them. She ended up walking off with a very expensive shirt and some other items - which screwed Louis Vuitton because they were set to go to Vogue, W and Harper's Bazaar for other shoots. They were furious and kept trying to get their clothes back, but . . . Lindsay walked out with them and never returned calls." The issue hits stands today, in which she's asked about the photo shoot and replies, "I wanted everything. There was this Cartier watch, and I was like, 'What do I have to do to get this watch?' " Reps for Louis Vuitton, Elle and Lohan didn't return calls.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_uXZxHaKKbcRYmfD5HdLQ6I#ixzz1Cvdq8hBS

charlets

Just give it back, and go away....

John

#3 Petty Theft = Misdemeanor Grand Theft = Felony.

John

Prepare yourselves, she's gonna walk on this one too. She has something even better than Diplomatic Immunity, she has Celebrity Immunity.

Holly

@nicole
Failure to remain law abiding is enough to prompt a violation of probation hearing. Even an arrest when the charges are later dismissed.