'That's So Raven' Star -- Handcuffed By Police

2/3/2011 9:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tyrone Burton -- who starred in "That's So Raven" and "The Parent 'Hood" -- was handcuffed this afternoon in L.A. on suspicion of hocking bootleg DVDs ... TMZ has learned.

0203_Tyrone_Burton_infdaily_exd
Burton was selling the discs on a sidewalk in Hollywood when cops busted him -- but law enforcement sources tell us, they didn't find any evidence that he had broken the law ... so they let him go.

That's soooo not Raven.

Tammy

If he didn't break any law and he wasn't arrested, why do you have the story up. I guess splashing a picture of a black man in hadcuffs was too much for you to resist? Even if he was innocent.

aleximaq

Ummmm...who is this guy? I don't 'memba him....lookin' for some attention maybe????

Candice Scott

Mr.Perfect! At least he was released without charges. I hope things go well for him.

jeff

Why are you handcuffing people on the side of the road when you have no evidence of any wrongdoing? And why are you taking his picture and announcing that he didn't do anything wrong?

Hawk

What a loooooser!

jr70895

The 2 cops in short sleeve shirts and this idiot wearing a big thick jacket, yea he is it up no good...

Mau

I wonder if they would put the cuffs on Lindsay if they saw her selling DVD's on the street.

KAT

Get the story correct, Tyrone was selling his own DVD.

Anna

I can read the intended smear between the lines... I heard that jews dislike black folk, but damn Harvey! This is not "news" worthy!

Truth

WOW, THIS IS WORTH POSTING?? DUDES IN CHINATOWN SELL BOOTLEG DVD'S ALL THE FREAKING TIME. NOT LIKE IT'S A BIG DEAL. NO DIFFERENT THAN JAY WALKING. YAAAAAWN!!

haha

What? Tyrone should change his name to Lindsay.

Americentric

They handcuff ALL Black people while they 'investigate the situation'

All Blacks are assumed to be criminals

Dont get caught being Black and call LAPD for assistance. You will get cuffed while they figure it out.

Also if you are on probation you are automatically cuffed. Not like your town. LAPD.

Onward

Harvey: 'Hocking' is taking something to the pawn shop. 'Hawking' is selling on the street. This is at least the 3rd time I've seen the wrong used on TMZ.com--please hire a proofreader.

Gramma

I agree with #14. You lose all credibility when you continue using incorrect words. From Webster's Dictionary:

Definition of HOCK
transitive verb: pawn

Definition of hawk: to offer for sale by calling out in the street ; broadly : sell

Orian

I was just about to point out the hocking/hawking thing but I see that someone has already done that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments