Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

haha

Don't know about stories, but when filling out papers, Dad's white--baby is white. If Dad's black, baby is black.

fuk u

black power-i bet da baby wont have to waste millions on tannin bed visits lol i love it black rules! his small pecker couldnt get enuff jizz in her to make her a cracka!! lolll!!! da babes blak --face it!! we win!!!!

charlotte

TMZ...You are complete sell outs. The Berry camp has got you to do their dirty work for them. Harvey you old whore !!

camaguey

Well. What in the WORLD is wrong with being proud to be WHITE?!? For the love of what's fair! We're not all obligated to honor and bow and kiss whatever other race! Enough already! The kid is half white and half black, Halle says she herself half white and half black. Why don't these two IDIOTS just shut up. Although, I must say, this Halle woman has never gotten so much publicity. Good for her.

Law Lover

This is beyond, bad, Harvey. Please stop. Printing one-sided PR for anyone in Hollywood is something you are supposed to be against. I am ashamed of TMZ... embarrassing.

nightshade

TMZ you are defaming this man without a shred of evidence. This is a new low for you guys.

Jem

If my ex wanted to take away my child just so he could get my money, I would fight dirty too. But by the way...I don't think she's fighting dirty. Everybody is clearly distorting the truth and saying well she started all of this. No, backtrack, rewind. His "source", immediately after he filed for custody or paternal rights...went to radar _ and said how she's jealous, this that, a control freak. THEN she responded. But she wasn't the one to throw the first punch. I guess he though that he could just malign her in the press, without her responding. I'd like to see how many of you would not respond. I would also like to see how many of you would let someone take your child away just because they view that child as a meal-ticket. There were stories of him wanting full custody even months ago in 2010, and how he wanted to take the daughter to live with him in Canada. That's f-in cruel. To take a child completely away from his mother? I knew this guy was s*** the minute that story came out. So he was the first one with this crazy idea of not sharing the kid, but completely taking her away, not Halle. Now that Halle wants full custody...all hell is breaking loose. Double standards. When the white guy does it, it's ok. When the black woman does it, she's crazy. Plus he knew how much she wanted this kid and loves this kid. Lesson to women: don't pick a guy just based on his looks, and whether he will give you beautiful babies. But yea...I also wonder how many of you would like to give your ex money for another I don't know 15 years...until that girl is 18. It's so easy to talk and take his side..but I would like to know how many of you would shell out thousands of dollars to him so he could live comfortably, all the while Kim Kardashian is watching your kid. Please.

haha

What did the stories say, "Check out Halle and Gabriel's black baby?" Right. Who would print that....besides TMZ?

TorontoWoman

TMZ, you're ridiculous! You obviously just kiss the behinds of the rich, POWERFUL celebs, in ANY situation! First Mel and now Halle...But you know what's even worse? The Mel-loving bored housewives who ALWAYS, seemingly, take that man's side. I take the side of whoever seems less crazy......in this case, it seems to be Aubrey.

mija

He needs lots of counseling and a lot of medication. I'm still waiting for some source degrading Halle. Instead of angry fans.

miz

I think we might be getting closer to the truth with this, though probably exaggerated.
Instead of him hurling the N word at her and being a racist he probably didn't like if a story (if one exists) referred to the little girl as black. If this happened while they were a couple and she let it go, why is it a major issue now?

How is a judge suppose to decide his unfitness as a father based on him not liking his daughter referred to as black.

Oh yeah, the fact he had a one time date with a reality tv star.

OMG he should be barred from being near any children.

This is getting ridiculous

jen

Unless the source is named l dont buy anything that gossip mags and sites say , so what if he used the N word why its not a great word she hit and run and could have killed someone and then played the mental breakdown card and got away with it. The kid should be removed from both parents for playing this out in the media , maybe angelina jolie can adopt her

Gridiron

TEAM HALLE!!!!

Put this racist on blast like he deserves to be!

Sandi

I'm sorry but some of you are not quite bright.

During the time she was about to shoot that movie in South Africa...he was threatening to take away the child, completely, as in full custody. It was written about online. So what she did she have to do to appease him?

She had to PAY HIM TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS DAUGHTER IN AFRICA.

I don't know if some of you are just not bright or gullible, but this man just wants money.

eli

This is a smear campaign. Halle has serious issues and I think she believes her stories.
Beautiful people (like these two) are use to getting what they want. It's a fact of life.
It's just these two don't want the same thing and she is throwing the biggest fits and tantrums
to the media. Uggggh! Do it behind chambers please.