Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

bookworm

The child looks multi-racial to me, which she is, with three white grandparents and one African American grandfather who may well have been multiracial himself. The little girl is probably less than 1/4 African American. I don't know that I'd pick her out in a crowd as black if I didn't see her with her mother or know her parentage. I might think she has some black ancestry, but I've seen kids who identify as only white who look similar to Nahla. She's a beautiful little girl, which will probably get her more attention.

Whether she identifies as only black will probably depend a lot on who she grows up around and the experiences she has and whether she looks more black than white as she gets older. Her mom is black and the child will probably be taught to identify strongly as black as well. I really hope her dad never makes her feel negatively about being part black. I also hope that Halle Berry doesn't try to deny that her father's ancestry makes up a large part of the girl's heritage.

OMG

what a bunch a BS

OhhGlam

IF he was really racist, he would have never had a baby with her, let alone SLEPT with her. This story is BS.

kayla

Novella, Novella, NOVELLA ! First of all I don't have to hate on Halle Berry ! Secondly I am hardly jealous of Halle
Berry or anyone else for that matter. Obviously you lack self respect and would do anything to get paid yourself,yeah you're right she can get paid millions selling her body on the silver screen but how much can you make? A dollar here or there
on the street?

Anonymous

Posted at 4:27 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by novella
-----------
Depended upon which ie. census record you are talking about. There were categories on some records for mulatto, etc...Which you need to be careful in interpreting because in some cases it also meant a Native American/European mix. When you see a category like this you check subsequent census records and siblings information for verification.
Sticky part is that each census asks the informant for different information.

belmarjerzy

hey DJ know what your talking about! now im sure you would want every little baby out there to be black but why would you call the baby black when shes more white? halle is only quarter black and babys father is white and baby dont look black at all other then the hair a little so not sure where you get the baby is more black there bro

the Sol Provider

I am a "black" man.....a soul first that chose this experience in what is considered negro?

Halle is playing the race card for sympathy.

Harvey, STOP

Harvey, stop letting this woman plant stories with you. She has accused every man she's ever been with of some kind of abuse- an ex-boyfriend (Chicago dentist) was jealous of her marriage to David Justice and that's why she hadn't repaid him. Eric Benet supported her through TWO hit and run incidents (that YOU covered) and was later branded a sex addict and money hungry (could never prove she'd given him money but she said she had to). She raved about Eric's daughter- was helping raise her, adopting her, loved her more than life- but trashed India's dad in public and the kid was old enough to read everything PLUS walked away from her and never looked back. She was with Gabriel Aubry when insulting Eric. Hello, a pattern here? Now she's trashing the father of her child because she is not solely in charge. I always thought she was a little off, but now I'm convinced. He's gone from the great guy she claimed after the breakup to a sudden racist and abuser of not only her but their child? Right after he went to court to clearly not be at her whim? And insult Kim Kardashian to boot? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but it's not like she's done anything wrong or is an addict or something. Harvey, go back to being REAL and not paid off.

Bridget

Its looking like you Halle??? At first I felt sorry for you? Now i think its you! come on.....

Gael Erikson

A really good reason to prevent pregnancy. What were they thinking? Dumb ass, both of them.

Brown

I agree with Jem. My first thought upon reading about Gabriel Aubry's custody battle aganist Halle Berry was plain and simple this loser wants her money. No matter what this jerk saids, he looks at Halle as his meal ticket.

The man looks okay, but there are so many other male models who look just as good as him. Halle should continue to fight him for sole custody of her daughter and let this loser crawl back into the whole he came out of.

Geeg

This is pathetic. The child is obviously mixed race and she should be brought up to feel just fine about that. She shouldn't expect to be considered white; because that would be denial of a very visible aspect of who she is and that would be psychologically problematic. It is healthier for her to consider herself Black because that is how most of the outside world will consider her. SO WHAT? Acceptance of ones self is essential to emotional well being. It shouldn't be an issue at all and if GA made it one, he needs counseling.

No one would know more about how this issue feels than Halle. To say that she would just interject a race issue where one didn't exist, I just don't buy it for one minute. That would be disrespecting herself and her own mother. No, I fully believe that GA does have these issues. Halle addressed them a long time ago and she wouldn't voluntarily impose them on her daughter OR allow anyone else to either -- GA!!

But she did have a child with GA before these issues arose and they are both that child's parent, so I would suggest family counseling. I think the judge should insist on it. Maybe a Grandparent of Aunt can take custody until these two get it together.

Lost in Translation

Seriously, everyone is raging on Halle, but did you all forget the facts. He's suing for joint custody and "CHILD SUPPORT." Are you kidding me? Who does that? This guy is obviously an opportunist seeking a payday. He's prompted several different scenarios in which he sought money from Halle. I don't know if anyone remembers the story were Halle had to pay him to go out of the country with her while she worked in order to prevent him from seeking custody. So, although some of the stories are seeminly a little odd, please don't loose focus on the motives of each side.

lorjon

#461 above says it all. Whatever Halle is saying now is just a pattern of hers in how she trashes men (and I'm a woman who had a similar experience but never once badmouthed my ex to others, even my own family members) because I knew one day my son would read about it. She is acting disgracefully and in the meantime getting comforted by her new man. Why not spend more time with your kid than with your new lover, Halle? There is no reason for this behavior unless it's pure spite ... As for Gabriel, he deserves to spend time with his daughter as a father.

Truth

Where does it say that Halle is saying all this? You are just
jealous and envious of Halle, and Gabriel is just a user. No
one had ever heard of or seen Gabriel, before he got with Halle.
Stop breathing, hater bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments