Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

Grace

Now one really knows everything that happens in a persons house except the people involved. As far as what's the race of Berry's baby....the rule of thumb has always been if either parent is AA that makes you AA. The child doesn't get to choose her race; that is done by vital statistics. When the government decides to add biracial to the race box of anything she needs to fill out.....then she can check it off. But until then she will be classed as AA. Who cares what race she is anyway....that baby girl is precious!

Lavender

We would all do well to remember that neither Halle or Gabriel have yet to release a statement about the custody case. Everything that we've heard has come from "sources". These sources are granted the ability to retain their anonymity while providing information that may or may not be true! How can any of us, who are not involved, form an opinion based on hearsay?

Rodney

She never should have had a baby with him in the first place. She's half white he is white. That kid was messed up from the jump street. Hopefully she won't be another Tiger Woods, growing up and hating your Black heritage. We see how that played out.

JK-TX

Don't worry, Rodney...that will never happen. Remember her academy award speech?

JK-TX

Post 429 is the #1 post of the thread so far. Could not have said it better. Hats off. Ps: Harvey, I love ya but get your head out of your ass...you have been played.

JK-TX

oops...I meant #439 was the #1 post of the thread. My bad.

tigress

With all of mixed race children in the world people are going to have to stop labeling them. It is up to them to choose what they want to be called and most prefer mixed race. This child is 3/4 white, she looks white, but why is it so important to define her. This makes Berry look like a jealous bitter woman.

Sarah

Being Bi-racial myself (product of a black father & white mother--like Halle), I get so tired of race being an issue. Oh my gosh--will we ever just get over it? Who cares?! It saddens me that "Black" is still seen as "less desirable," "inferior." Why should it be embarrassing to be part "Black?"

I, myself, grew up hearing the burning question: "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" (Of course I knew...) "WHAT ARE YOU?" I tired of the question after some time and started responding, "I'm American," "I'm human..."

If TMZ and/or Halle B.'s people were the ones that leaked this idiotic info to the public, and if Aubrey indeed make these racist comments, I say SHAME to them all! This belongs in personal court, not the tabloids. Shame on them all because when the little girl gets older, this will come out, and believe me--it will affect her.

dd

Halle just stop dating u make terrible choices.

anne

I do not believe for a minute that Gabriel is a racist. Halle is using every means to try to discredit him. what a witch! I will never watch any of her movies.
Don't forget Halle , there is such a thing as Karma!!

by Yuk ( don't like ugly)

dd

I know ask the Government to change that 1% rule will that change a damn thing HELL NO...She'll still know she's black when she grows up! That's how it is in America.

dd

@JOHN #244 U need to take a class about America, it's true.

Latisha

Halle is black......her skin color says it all..If your mixed with any kind of black ur considered black..

JK-TX

Whatever Halle’s racial make-up is irrelevant. The fact is she is probably one of the most stunningly beautiful women of her generation. It is too bad that she must stoop to playing the race card when things do not go her way.

Peta Vale

there's something strange about this chick???

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments