Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

Blondie

I think it's Halle that needs to get over the baby being black. She tried her hardest to get a little white baby.

She's almost white Halle but not quite.

Better luck next time.

georgia

If he's racist why did you have a kid with him?

And he called you the "N " word, WHY DID YOU STAY WITH HIM FOR SO LONG??

None of this was ever on the news or in print till he went out with Kim k, and you didn't like it..

what

THE COURTS DON'T CAREEE ABOUT THIS

he'll get joint custody because a lot more states are advancing their father's rights. including california. so halle is just wasting a lot of time, money and her reputation

Rayna

I don't understand why mother's insist on trashing the father of their babies. Children need parents who respect one another even if the love is gone. Best interests of the child should ALWAYS be first, always. At one time these people loved each other enough to produce a baby together. Makes no sense.

cherry

Sorry camp berry, but none of this is ringing true to me at all, it just seems so fake and convenient. And really unless there's solid proof of this I'm not believing a word sources or no sources.

sophie

Thomas Jefferson? We are not talking history here. This is about 2 consenting adults. The person, probably with the most power in the relationship, is the rich woman, who is African American. There are truly women struggling, not getting child support, fathers disappearing. Here is one, regardless of race, who wants to be there. I do not believe her, not this time. I know she struggled to get pregnant. So tell me, how many times did she sleep with him, until successful? How many years did they spend together? How many times did she say he was a great father? Yet, now he's a racist, and her child is scared. It's not about her child, it's about her. Some of the posters here, safe behind their computers. I'm sure one of them is Halle. I don't know her, but so far, from what I've heard from her, she'd be just the type to post. Wouldn't want anything out of her control. The father is showing the most class, and better judgement, regardless of his race. Isn't kind of lame to even talk about it, kind of makes light of those that are discriminated against, and those women who really fight for what is best for their children.

maggie

I actually spit out my tea reading this article....ARE YOU FOR REAL?? You know how ridiculous you sound? Grow up TMZ!! I know exactly what you're doing...you are trying to get Gabriel all riled up so he can respond to your stupid outrages allegations. Give it up, he's not going to talk to you.

Blondie

Of course the white man is all-of-a-sudden a racist Whamo, aren't all white people? That race card sure comes in handy when the chips are down.

Dee

Enough.I don't believe you Halle, I think you would do and say anything because if they put you under a microscope they would award the child to him. Stop maligning him because you will destroy your daughter's self image. This crap of leaving the man's name off the birth certificate? And now when he asks to be known as the father, you make up stuff? Knock it off, no one is buying your lies.

Ben from Baltimore

The kid is bi-racial, like Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey's mother is white, her father is black. Nahla's mother is black, her father is white. She will have to check bi-racial/other on many forms when she is an adult. If anybody seems somewhat racial here, it's Halle Berry.

HarlotO'Hara

"Gabriel and I had long dealt with it," she says of the split. "We were done. And we were on a good foot, and we had decided what we were going to do for Nahla, and we were able to say, ‘This will pass.' "

Berry goes on to say that there are "no discord" and "no fighting" with Aubry, whom she calls an "amazing father."

"We have always been friends, we're still friends, we love each other very much and we both share the love of our lives," she says. "And we are both 100% committed to being the best parents we can be … She will see as she grows that we have a lot of love for each other."

Despite ending their nearly four-year relationship, Berry looks at the positive in parting ways with the French-Canadian model, 34.

"You realize you are not meant to go the distance with everybody," she says. "We were meant to bring this amazing little person into the world. And I think that's why we came together. And because of that, we are going to be together forever, all three of us. We are a family until we are not here anymore."

***

Hell Berry - September Vogue - 2010

Mary

Oh tellthetruth59 your comment almost made me choke on my cereal lol Come on, Id love to see the magazines where the child was said to be black? that is so ridiculous no magazine would say and here is a photo of sweet Nahla the black child of Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubrey, yeah ok...This all proves that Halle is just bat sh#t crazy! I wouldn't doubt if her supporters on here are people she works with! Shame on TMZ for being so biased!

Rosie

Halle's "souces" are sure working overtime. Shame on her.

JFO

Isn't it interesting that after the break up what usually follows is the "never before heard" allegations of physical and psychological abuse? Of how one partner or both were in a living hell with one another and one or both is accusing the
other of being unstable and a bad parent ala Oksana and Mel???
Really?? If he was so bad Halle why did you stay with him?
You're not married to him and I'm sure your bank account is bigger than his. If he was that bad you should have kicked him
to the curb long ago, settled some $ on him and gave him supervised visitation. Why is this even a "story?"

kanyeisgay

Halle should listen to here husband ,he looking out for that kid making sure it does not end up on welfare or in prison.Look at Barrack he ain't black and would NEVER repeat NEVER been voted in if he was 100% black.So stick that on your calender in Not Really Black History Month which is January.