Mel Gibson Extortion Investigation Headed to D.A.

2/4/2011 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Mel Gibson extortion case will go to the L.A. County District Attorney next week, and we're told the D.A. could decide days later whether to charge Mel with domestic violence and Oksana Grigorieva with extortion.

Mel Gibson Case

L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ the extortion case will be presented to the D.A. next week.

As TMZ first reported, the D.A. has been waiting for the file and wants to make a joint decision on both the domestic violence case and the extortion case.

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... the D.A. is expected to make a quick decision.  If the Sheriff presents the file early next week, Mel and Oksana could learn their fate by week's end.

Stay tuned ...

Majestik

Shuffle, are you from England?

Posted at 4:07 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Majestik
--------------------------------------------------------------------
No Majestik... I am from Canada... I'm in Oil Country!

Posted at 4:11 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Shuffle Demon

ROFLMAO...You are in Alberta? Where did you learn to spell Extorsion with an "S" usually that is English spelt straight from Wales herself. All of us in Canada spell it with a "T" LOL. Have you got English teachings?

diogenes

Majestik, Tim Conway?

Majestik

Tim Conway?

Posted at 4:17 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Char

THANK YOU, CHAR. I was about to run over to IMDB. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate when you have the person's face, VIVIDLY in her sights but can't remember the name LOL.

They are crayz!!

TIM CONWAY = Comical God ~ Carol Burnett Show

Shuffle Demon

OH SHUFFLE, kill me now ROFLMAO. Do you remember the Carol Burnett show, how about Harvey Korman in the Dentist Chair and whatshis name, OH GOD, it's killing me I can't remember, as the 80 year old Dentist. Harvey couldn't keep a straight face through the whole skit and was almost in tears trying to stifle the laughter.

Posted at 4:16 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Majestik
-----------------------------------------------------------

Char is correct Tim Conway... I remeber the show well... I listened to a few interviews with Carol... she always said they had a real riot in doing the show and that why they continued to do it for so many years..

janet

Chances are Gibson and Ox will cancell each other out and the custody will remain the same. Meaning Gibson looses. God I hope not.

Majestik

Majestik, Tim Conway?

Posted at 4:19 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by JWW

JWW, is that you Jayne? Thanks, I just caught the postings with his name. Damn, what a brilliant Freakin' comedic duo those two were. I'm still trying to find box sets from all the years that Carol Burnett's how was on. I don't care if it costs me a 100 bucks a box set, I need to own that LOL

Shuffle Demon

Posted at 4:19 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Majestik
---------------------------------------------------------------------Grandmother was from England...mind you with the "t" or "s" makes not matter to me.. as long as she gets charged..lol...

Char

I loved watching The Carol Burnett Show! What great talent the cast had. Tim Conway was one of my favorites.

They are crayz!!

Tim Conway ~ Harvey Korman dentist sketch on youtube:

have a laugh

realist

Janet, Do not despair. The things Oxy has done are far more criminal. Custody may not change for a while, but if Oxy goes down for her "actions", she is facing several years in prison, and possibly the loss of her parental rights. If convicted of a felony, she could be deported.

Tammy

No... but then again they haven't go the search warrant for OxSanity's car and her room at Mel's

Posted at 3:15 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Shuffle Demon

OxSanity likes to extort, not outright steal. I think they need to check to see if Lindsay was in the area when it went missing.

Posted at 4:11 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Tammy

@shuffle demon ~ LOL ur funny!!!

@Tammy ~ HaHaHa ~ lindsay heard there was "beaver" in that mailbox and she went running for it!!!

Posted at 4:18 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by They are crayz!!

Shuffle: You are completely right!!

Crazy: She better get beaver off her brain and find a "get out of jail free" card!! LOL

Perky

Deport her back to Russia via Syria !!

Majestik

TIM CONWAY = Comical God ~ Carol Burnett Show

Posted at 4:20 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by They are crayz!!

In my honest opinion, Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were the ULTIMATE duo in comedy pairs. I still to this day, believe they were better than and comedy team that EVER came up through the ranks.

Tammy

Deport her back to Russia via Syria !!

Posted at 4:29 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Perky

What did Syria ever do to you to wish her upon them?!