Daria Left Out of 'Beavis and Butt-Head' Reboot

2/8/2011 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Beavis and Butt-Head" have been given a second chance at life by the people at MTV ... but it doesn't look like their trusted sidekick Daria will be joining them.

0204_beavis_butthead_daria_ex
New episodes of "B&B" are supposed to hit MTV this summer. Sources close to the production tell TMZ that some episodes have been voiced already, but so far ... no efforts have been made to reach out to Tracy Grandstaff, the girl who voiced Daria Morgendorffer on the show (and eventually the spin-off).

If we know Daria, she's indifferent to the whole thing.

crabbygirl81

LMAO @ nancy - I agree!

Marvin Daily

I havent seen daria since 98'. they definetly need to bring it back!

Freddy

I'm kinda bummed that Daria isnt coming back too especially since her dry humor would lead to B&B to do something even more stupid but this won't ruin the return of the show for me. FIRE FIRE!!!

Cella

Will they be contacting Sarah Palin? Wait wasn't she the voice of Stuart's mom?

QueenBoudica

You can find reruns of Daria on Logo. I've been recording and watching them and they've not lost ANY originality or become obsolete.

Although B&B are funny, it is a sick sad world we live in that DUMB is brought back while intelligent writing and adult cartoons are left behind. B&B definitely fit in with Jersey Shore mentality... which seems to be what America is catering nowadays.

More signs on the Apocalypse my friends. End of Days are coming.

Adam

Hm. The only exciting thing about this post was the prospect of having Daria back in my life. I could care less about bevis or butthead. GIVE ME DARIA AND JANE!

Bubb Rubb

Daria just released a GPS voice, so Tracy is out there somewhere! Check it out: https://www.navtones.com/daria-voice-for-gps.html

Cj

What? I always thought Janeane Garofolo was the voice of Daria. Lol. Why not get her?

Jeff

I loved Daria! Bring her back!!!

Nostradamus

Daria is alright, like someone said she adds polarity, but we need to make sure Van Driessen comes back!!Those episodes were the best.
And don't forget Mr. Anderson.

cabaretchicknyc

i loved daria. that's too bad to hear... i hope they change their mind

rob

well hopefullly they'll bring the daria show back all together on its own seeing her views on the world we live in currently is seriously needed.............. also the music in her show >>>>> beavi n butt head

Maximus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

yeah

Wasn't the story line that Daria moved from the city the B&B HS is located, when the spinoff was made

Brent

Just as well. I came to love Daria in her spin off incarnation, not the Beavis and Butthead version. If she were to come back, I'd like her own show to come back as well.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments