Lindsay Lohan -- Ready to Fight Charges

2/5/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's lawyer swears LiLo is innocent -- and is ready to do battle in court if it comes to that.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_04
TMZ obtained a statement from Shawn Chapman Holley that reads, "We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press."

As we first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft as early as Monday for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store.

She faces a maximum of three years in prison if convicted.

aaron from FL

gimme a break, how much free crap to celeb's get? Too much all the time is the answer... a little shopkeeper gives a necklace then says she stole it? If some gave her a free breakfast then they can say she walked out? Does she really need to steal something worth $2500... REALLY??? Does she need a "loan agreement" or in the case of breakfast a "free breakfast agreement" gimme a break. I am no fan of that chick whatsoever but even a public defender can beat that. Also do you not think there will be a payoff in a few days?

meme

I'll believe it when I see it.

I wonder if she's going to go out and get loaded now? FREEBIE!

itsnotny

This chick is dumb as a stump...what are you entitled to little girl? nada, zip...

Wiley

Would TMZ stay in "bizness" if it weren't for Charlie, Lindsay, Mel and Oksana?

Posted at 6:56 PM on Feb 5, 2011 by Lisa

There's always someone waiting in line to take their place!

Ann

If she gets away with this, I'm going on a Borrowing Spree that would make her look like a putz

PLEASE PLEASE, I NEED TO BORROW SO MUCH NOW

and Ill use her and her moron judge as a legal precedent
"I just borrowed it your honor"

just like Lindsey Blowhand

mannequin

As if it's an admirable decision of hers to go to court. I don't think she has a choice, unless she decides to go on the lam.

Mike

Will this bitch just OD already.

grandmacc

The store must want their name in the news, a $2500 necklace, the publicity is worth much more, they can care less about that cheap necklace. If she was going to steal some piece of jewelry, I would think it would be something more expensive that that.

CeeAnn

Hasn't Lindsay "borrowed" other people's items before, such as someone else's coat, jewelry, etc. I think the word is "cleptomaniac", Lindsay, not "borrower"!!

PETER

SHE'S A BORN LIAR !!!! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK FOR EVEN ONE MINUTE THAT THIS GIRL IS TELLING THE TRUTH ?? WELL, SHE'S NOT TELLING THE TRUTH NOR HAS SHE EVER TOLD THE TRUTH...IT'S ALWAYS SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT AND SHE'S ALWAYS BEING SET UP !! YEAH RIGHT...LIKE I SAID, SHE'S A BORN LIAR AND I'M SICK OF THE WHORE !! SEND HER UP !! THAT'S WHERE SHE BELONGS....GO TO HELL LINDSEY AND WHILE YOUR AT IT, TAKE THAT NO GOOD FAMILY OF YOURS WITH YOU !!!

Ronald RayGun

Lindsay is innocent of not being guilty!

thehoch

I was once told by an old wise sage dressed as a homeless man on Santa Monica Ave. "For every freckle, there was a lie..."

Now it's all making sense.

William

---------( o o )---------
---oo0---(_)---0oo----

"Um, has anybody seen my watch?"

Elizabeth

First of all, $2500 ia ridiculous for that necklace....second not only was she stupid enough to steal it, but then turned around and wore it, not to mention allowing herself to be photographed in it...after all her legal woes, she probably can't afford anything! Loser!

marknyc

LA people, come to NYC to buy jewelry , don't go to those so-called jewlery stores in LA, they'll sell you out and make stuff up to get some publicity. they don't care about their customers. come to NYC , much much better.

jewelry stores in LA RE for amateurs, we have professionals selling that kind of stuff HERE IN nyc. And you won't end up on TMZ to show the logo of the store if you buy in NYC.

big difference, BIG.