Lindsay Lohan -- Ready to Fight Charges

2/5/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's lawyer swears LiLo is innocent -- and is ready to do battle in court if it comes to that.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_04
TMZ obtained a statement from Shawn Chapman Holley that reads, "We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press."

As we first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft as early as Monday for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store.

She faces a maximum of three years in prison if convicted.

jullian cain

this is my take-i bet tmz.com is jumping the gun,mark my words-no charges are ever filed against lohan for this.joshua bullard

ernie

This is to the prison minister who offered to serve Lohan's time back in 2007 and again in 2010 if she would attend and complete a 12 month faith based residential treatment center:

Matthew 7:6 - "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

It means that something precious should not be wasted on those who are incapable of appreciating its value.

maggie416

Hope she gets what she deserves !!

berne

Lindsay is totally misundersto d. - - - - - Wait a minute. Someone stole the "o" from my "misunderstood". Was Lindsay in your office. Check to see if she has an extra "o" before she leaves. Somebody check her alphabet to see it there are 2 "o"s.

BJ

She can blame no one but herself, her good job, will have to wait until she gets out of jail, probation violation if nothing else. I'm curious if the tape from the store shows her wearing the necklace. That girl is stir-fried!!!

William

---------( o o )---------
-----oo0---(_)---0oo----

"I know I had my watch when I came in here......."

---------( o o )---------
-oo0---(_)---0oo----

"......where did my watch go?.......It just disappeared......it's worth $3,000......."

Sadiemay

How do yo fight what's *caught on tape.* Lindsay has this "entitlement" issue that she wants what she wants when she wants it. She needs to learn that the laws APPLY to her too. Throw the book at her. Good God .......... if she hasn't learned that by now there is little hope. Has she already forgotten the entire last year.

holly

why would she not just pay for this necklace and that be the end of it? how foolish. she's a common thief, we've seen and heard it before, it is very believable.

Kestrel Jaimison

Let me preface this by saying: I am NOT a Lindsey Lohan fan!!!

I believe this young woman has gotten away with a lot that she shouldn't have, and it's been a diservice to the people of the state of California, as well as to Lindsey, herself. Being forced into rehab might be exactly what it takes to save her life! I'm definitely in support of her going to rehab!

That said, I think everyone needs to go back to read and analyze the district attorney and the police department's general attitude and general handling of her case.

I believe that if you honestly analyze the quotes that come from the mouths of the police, and the mouths of the folk in the DA's office, you can't help but come to the realization that:

The system has a "black-eye" 'cuz she's gotten away w/so much garbage that now they want to persecute her, and hunt her down, even when she is getting clean and walking the straight and narrow.

After all, it is an election year and the prosecuter handling Lindsey's case has determined to get to the DA's office on the back of Lindsey Lohan!

And No, I DON'T like Lindsey, and I can't stand that she's been treated better than you, me, or any poor person would be....

BUT I also don't like the police and DA taking that kind of an attitude against ANYONE!!! They are insisting on an unfair advantage!

This week it's her, but next week it could be you, or me, or anyone else.

I honestly believe it's an honest mistake and misunderstanding, and that the jewelry store blew it and they are now taking it out on Lindsey, in court, because of this misunderstanding!

And in case you haven't heard, Lindsey isn't one of my favorite people, I don't especially care for her, but I honestly believe that, IN THIS CASE, she's being treated unfairly, for prior bad-acts! I think that now that all of her bad acts have caught up to her NOW they are determined that they WILL throw her in jail, innocent or guilty, because she's made them look bad by getting away with so much!

That point made, 3 times, please read on:

If you go back and you read the news reports about how the police have been just salivating over the chance to serve a search warrant on Lindsey's home, the PD was crushed when she sent a rep to turn the jewelry into the police, thus neutralizing the search warrant... The police retaliated against Lindsey for ruining their chances to get into her private residence. (by neutralizing their warrant) The day after she turned in the necklace they retaliated by calling her probation officer, the very next day - Remember they knew about the alleged theft since the 23rd of January and they WAITED until at least 03 February, to tell her. They waited until AFTER Lindsey made their search warrant blow up in their faces! It's clear retaliation.

If they had told her probation officer the day the search warrant was issued, or the before, or if they had at least alerted the probabtion officer of an impending investigation, PRIOR to being issued a search warrrant, and NOT waiting until the day AFTER Lindsey ruined their search warrant, I would tend to believe that perhaps the police had a more fair and balanced plan in effect.

I believe that there is a cabal in the DA's office and PD that have decided to get Lindsey, no matter what!

Something really smells fishy in the state of the DA's Office and Law Enforcement in Southern Califoria regarding Lindsey Lohan, and I would really encourage everyone to read the quotes from these people, while they were trying to jail Lindsey Lohan. You'll see that there's at least a chance that what I am saying is true.

NOTE: Lindsey, I don't know you, but you've had some problems
in the past. You've gotten away with with "murder", and I'm offended as Hell! That is the root of my having negative feelings about you! But you can change how the American public sees you AND become a better, healthier human being! Please take care of your problems and issues, and take care of yourself. I can always change my opinion based on your behavior, and have a more favorable attitude about you. DO what you need to do, and do what's right. QUit risking your life, because you are a better woman than that!

charles

I am not immune to the sickening feeling that happens when "family members" slander the justice system. I can feel the violence, whether it be fake or real.

God-Of-Lyf

Hel hello world? Can yo you hear me now? Sorry about the interruptions. I'm not going to be available to kick it with you girl. Yup, I'm going back to the pokey. Only this time it's to the Pen. Gurl gonna git my tat did while i'm in...

jwoolman

Kestrel at #305: The police weren't retaliating by informing her probation officer after her representative brought them the necklace. They were just waiting until they had better evidence linking her to the theft (proof that she did indeed have possession of the necklace, despite earlier denials). The day before the necklace was returned, they had proof in pictures taken that day that she was wearing the necklace (which was distinctive, a "one of a kind"), enough to request a search warrant from a judge. They did not have enough evidence for a search warrant a week before, when the theft occurred, although she was the prime suspect (we don't know if she definitely was wearing the necklace as she went out the door, but video did show she was the last person with it).

Jewelers do loan items to celebs for special events and photo shoots in return for the advertising, but signed liability do***entation and a credit card number are required. The store did not have any do***entation of any loan, and Lindsay has not provided any such do***entation. She was definitely wearing the necklace in the store. The necklace went missing. She denied having it. She was photographed a week later with it on, in casual clothes with no credit given to the store as the source. She returned the necklace to the police the next day, curiously timed to avoid a search warrant. Connect the dots...

Anyway - it is standard practice to inform the probation officer of any such actions involving anyone on probation. This is not retaliation. This is their job. The probation officer is not expected to read TMZ to keep up with her ... :) There obviously was no time urgency on exactly when they notified the PO, however. She was spotted with the necklace on Jan 31, on Feb 1 they started the process of getting a search warrant. It makes sense that they waited until after the necklace was returned before making the call to the PO.

Sammie

Yup. Once again the entire world is just sitting around trying to come up with ways to make LL's life a living hell.

grandmacc

The store just wants some publicity, and using Miss Lohan to get it. Where was the jeweler when she was trying the necklace on, was he not watching his merchandize walking out the door. Get real people, the store is to blame here, and wants its name in the paper. A cheap necklace like that wasn't worth stealing, they should have gave that ugly piece away to Miss Lohan.

john

good riddence !!!! lock her up . being from long island , long island could care less about her