Lindsay Lohan -- Ready to Fight Charges

2/5/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's lawyer swears LiLo is innocent -- and is ready to do battle in court if it comes to that.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_04
TMZ obtained a statement from Shawn Chapman Holley that reads, "We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press."

As we first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft as early as Monday for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store.

She faces a maximum of three years in prison if convicted.

Joe Dabb Babbalucci

Let's see how this plays out. We can only hope the justice system tosses LiLo in jail. Teach her a lesson ... again! I'd like her to visit Joe Arpaio's jail in AZ. He'd teach the wench a lesson! LiLo must not be allowed to get away with theft. "I don't do paperwork"? Balderdash. She's a thief. It's just that simple.

Lisa

I have to ask because I don't remember....

When Lindsay was accused of clothing and jewelry theft before (several times if I recall) - Was she ever prosecuted for it or serve time? I can't remember.

I just find this story odd. I know Lindsay's had her troubles, but seriously - did she really steal this piece of crap necklace? I'm just not buying if for some reason. i could be wrong, but....

AW

Her father was sent to prison for not following the rules. Looks like that is what she learned from him. The rules don't apply to us. We can do drugs, drive drunk, steal and get by with it. He is in public w/ Tila Tequila and other pillars of society,while preaching about Jesus. Great influence.

Jesse

Let 'em fight it out in court !!! She didn't do it !!! Period !!! Sure, the kid's got some issues but she can't possibly be that foolish to steal a damn necklace. I'm not buying this story for one minute. :)

Snow White

What lawyer ever says "Yup, my client is guilty as sin." ? They aren't called liars for hire for nothing.

Soetoro

Whats her lawyer supposed to say, we are ready to throw in the towel and plead guilty?

ketjo

Miss Lohan could walk out in the middle of Sunset Blvd. at the height of rush hour, pull out a gun and shoot someone right in the face with 1,000 witnesses and maybe, just maybe get 30 days probation. She may even do something like that to seek the attention that she so loves and to prove she is untouchable. I'm simply amazed at the legal system, just amazed...

Posted at 2:20 PM on Feb 5, 2011 by Mike

I am to Mike ....I am too....

Same people would watch her driving 100 mph along the coast highway , saying how beautiful she is and when she goes flying off the highway and over a cliff blame the cliff for getting in her way.

That judge said any violation at all. Not convicted of but any violation and he does have power to sent her to jail for part as this is not her first rodeo he can call for the whole 180 days. And he will get the reports of everything she has been involved with since he so ordered..that means the whole Betty Ford mess can be considered as evidence as to whether she has been trying to stay on the straight and narrow... her lawyer can scream to high heaven but it can be considered.....

sean

@therock what say you now about your exclusive story on how it was the jewelry store owners husbands fault and all a big misunderstanding???You and your entourage of enablers (e.o.e) are killing this girl.Jail will save her life.Mike Walters still thinks Lindsay will win an oscar ,but the world knows better.

Carvey

@Spot
For security reasons Twenty Five (25) deputies are required inside the courtroom for her hearings

Posted at 2:37 PM on Feb 5, 2011 by Nicole

---

They're salaried employees on duty already. It doesn't cost anything extra to have them there as they are already there. The judge gets paid no matter if court is in session or not and the D.A. gets paid no matter if they are in court or not.

The only extra cost generated by requiring Lindsay to answer for her own free-will actions in a court of law are those costs she has to pay to have an attorney defend her and the fees paid to a publicist to spin the story to make idiots like you continue to worship her - and since she doesn't pay her bills anyway the only people who lose money are the people dumb enough to take Lindsay's side.

ilovegossip

@ivslezak,

You don't have to reach over a counter and take something unassisted to be considered stealing? Are you kidding me. Are you saying as long as the jeweler let me try on that ring, and I walk out of the store, that is OK? Stealing is taking something that doesn't belong to you. If she doesn't have a receipt that she paid for it, or paperwork stating she borrowed it, then she stole it. I'm sure there is no videotape of her (or her minions) signing for it. I'm sure Lindsay can not come up with any paperwork. They have video of her with it on her neck inside the store. And, video of her wearing it several days later. Seems like the DA has quite a good case.

LieHoShouldBeInJail

I can't wait till her pod in Chowchilla goes on lockdown because LieHo's roommate's hairbrush is missing. Then LieHo going to her CO with the hairbrush and "Amanda the Ax-Murderess loaned it to me!"
I wouldn't pay to see one of her crappy old movies, but I'd pay to see that.

Lucky_130

Nicole- If you are Ali, I feel for you cause I know you love your big sis as you should.I had always hoped Ali would have been able to save Lindsay from herself, kinda like how Jimminey Cricket tried to save Pinnochio from Pleasure Island, but no such luck.
Its all in Gods hands, and there is nothing you can do I guess except defend her , if you are Ali that is.

AW

She does this over and over again. We only know about the times it were reported. I wonder how many times she has done this and not gotten caught. I'm thinking she has a lot of stuff that wasn't giveb to her and wasn't paid for. Too much of pattern. Not a coincidence.

janet

There is so much Shawn Chapman Holley can do. Lohan never gave her any help. Right down to the f.u. on her fingernails, complete defiance of the court. So far Lohan has gotten away with it.

This is a whole seperate charge.

anonymous

Fact: Not one of the stories today on TMZ and charges being filed and or Lindsay and her attorney being notified is true.