« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Christina Aguilera

Screws Up National Anthem

2/6/2011 8:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It was only the Super Bowl, no one probably saw it.

UPDATE: Xtina told the AP, "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Christina Aguilera National Anthem Super Bowl Video

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Angie

Could just someone sing the National Anthem normal for once??!!Without twisting and turning the crap out of it.I'd appreciate that!!

sface

OMG she butchered it! Then she tried to oversing to make up for her mistake and hit every key wrong. I had to put my tv on mute

Bella

Disgraceful. She's so gross. They could have gotten someone just a tad bit classier.

Lori M.

The should have gotten Roseanne Barr to sing it again. It would have been better than this.

Bippy

She didn't sing - " Jose can you see any bedbugs on me - if you do take a few they are all free"!!!!

Sad sad

Why no Justin Bieber?

Polly

Somebody screws it up almost every year -- either at the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup. A quick reminder that they're human, I guess.

christyn

The worst part was seeing the faces of the soldiers as she completely ruins and disgraces our National Anthem. But yet she lives in a mansion, and they are fighting for their lives and ours every single day. What a ridiculous world we live in.

LUCKYHORSE

Her daddy ought to beat her for that performance. Go back to Ecuador and have another burrito supreme you fat bleached out spic beotch.

unemployed

I like Christina, but that was crap. I kept thinking that she has Tourette's Syndrome. She should have flopped out a booby and saved the day.

Mike L

Shoulda layed off the alcohol. Liquor is BAD!

TD

Horrendous -- why is this woman acclaimed? Aside from screwing up the words, she wasn't even singing the melody. There was so much embellishment that the original song just got lost. One of the worst renditions I've ever heard. An utter earsore.

vfxwest

Too focused on her own "style" and not focused enough on just getting it right. It's always strange when these people feel like they need to give it their own unique "twist". They have talent so why can't they just sing the song in a normal singing voice instead of like they are in a jazz club?

MK

Ugh. Besides messing up the words, she was painful to listen to. Jim Cornelison knows how to sing the national anthem and he knows the words too!

benice

Is this the best the US has to offer?? This is THE premier event of our country...and THIS is our National Anthem. Who hired her? That's what I want to know. Disgraceful.