« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Christina Aguilera

Screws Up National Anthem

2/6/2011 8:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It was only the Super Bowl, no one probably saw it.

UPDATE: Xtina told the AP, "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Christina Aguilera National Anthem Super Bowl Video

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The King

Who gives a damn! The superbowl is an embarrasment, showing the world just how obtuse, paranoid, and vulnerable to emotional and financial manipulation we are. The US citizenry has the mental aptitude of a 3rd grader. Death panels!! Sharia law!! Victory mosques!! and the superbowl!! Grow up.

rebecca

Roseanne where are u

Bippy

Should have had Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown do a duet!!

wwhurst

I knew it right away she screwed up, she did a horrible job.

Traveller

hey #49 be careful about throwing stones...."did she is do" what is that....oh that's right it is a mistake....must be human..lol.

Pathetic...you wonder why the rest of the world makes fun of us...the National Anthem is something that should NOT be screwed up...ESPECIALLY by a performer...did she is do a little trial run before singing in front of America? What a half wit idiot! I guess, after all, she is a blonde!

MP

I thought those things were always pre-recorded? I would like people to sing that song straight and stop putting riffs and their own spin on it. It's just fine the way it was written. Christina can definitely sing, I just didn't think she did well with this song. Like another poster, I would also like to have seen Lea Michele, or the cast of Glee for that matter.

Sir Boo

She sucked. And looked like she just crawled out of bed.

Criss

And yet, Hendrix's Woodstock version, where he changed the melody, added different notes is still considered brilliant. So, she messed up, give the girl a break.

bring back recent posts

..I thought she did just fine, she is a amazing talent, sometimes pressure gets too you, fussy tmz posters, typical!

mija

Nobody in the military even put their hand over their heart. They wouldn't disrespect America like that. Is Christina high?

Sue Bowser

And you should never say THANK YOU after singing the national anthem....geesh!!!

uKnowWho

PORKINA........was thinking about a cheeseburger.....LEAVE HER ALOUNE!!

sface

you are paid to sing a song that everyone should know and if you don't you study it. It just shows she didn't care

Bella

She really should have taken the time to make sure she had the lyrics down. I feel sorry for her because it was a really terrible performance and she looks like she's let herself go.

God Bless America!!!!!!

Bippy

Probaly all that PEROXIDE has finally eaten holes in her brain!!!! - Plus having PMS is a B.I.T.C.H.!!!!!!!!!!!!!