Lindsay Lohan: I'm Just an Easy Target

2/6/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan believes the felony grand theft charge she will face is yet another example of how she has simply become an easy target for people looking to hurt her.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_01
As we first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft as early as Monday for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store.

Sources connected with Lindsay tell TMZ ... LiLo thinks, "People just don't believe me and know I'm in a vulnerable position."  She thinks the jewelry store owner is seizing the moment by concocting a story that Lindsay stole the jewelry.  Lindsay insists it was loaned to her.

And we're told ... Lindsay is "extremely nervous" about the prospect of going back to jail.   Although she refers to the possible penalty as jail, it's actually a lot worse ... State prison.

Lindsay is telling people, "Nothing is worth going back."

DANA

Couldnt be more obvious,Dina Lohan not commenting anymore.

janet

Lindsay Lohan over played this time.

angeleyes

Miz - I sold the stores at a profit and retired from that part of my life's journey - that's why I don't have them anymore - but hey - now I have fun making costume jewellery for friends and family - its a good hobby - and alot less expensive than dealing in gold and diamonds - less stressful too - LOL....don't have the staff to train and worry about - no fixturing of stores and constant leasehold improvements to do, advertising costs and lease payments to make on expensive storefront locations - I do miss going to the trade shows -

One thing to keep in mind - I don't know the store in question but if it is a Mom & Pop operation they for sure would not be mesmerized by a celeb - they would have eagle eyes on the inventory and it would not be going 'bye'bye' without a signed sales slip or on loan slip - that's a given!

miz

@ Just Me.. I'm with you.

She's addicted to Bad Behavior besides having a sense of Entitlement and possibly an Impulse Control problem.

Some of you are acting like they knew Lindsay was stealing that necklace as she walked out the store. More likely then not it wasn't realized till later.
Or they didn't want to make a scene.
It was said the store tried to contact her that day or by the next day about it and couldn't get a hold of her, hence, police report filed by the next day. They didn't wait ages. Sheesh.

Truth

WHAT A MORON! WOULDNT THE OWNER GET MORE POSITIVE PUBLICITY IF SHE LENT IT OUT LEGIT AND HAVE LINDSAY POSE EVERYWHERE WITH HER JEWERLY?? LINDSAY IS DELUSIONAL. SHE DID IT AND GETS TO SHARE A PRISON CELL WITH CHARLES MANSON. DEAL...

jwoolman

Well, Lindsay, you wouldn't be such an easy target if you would just stop breaking laws ...

She's really hanging herself here by trashing the store owner both directly and indirectly through her "sources". Any chance of getting charges dropped by waving lots of money around is zooming downward with every public insult. Inconvenient though a jury trial will be, the store may very well cooperate with the DA pursuing the charges simply as a matter of principle now. No store is going to stand for claims that they frame their customers this way. The whole idea only makes sense in Lindsay Land. Like the idea that a store would loan her a necklace for just padding around town in casual clothes...

Just Me

Exactly Miz! People are blaming the store for not watching her close enough, or their own merchandise. That's ridiculous, the store did nothing wrong. When someone takes merchandise without paying for it or without expressed/written permission, it's on that person . . . period.

Lisa

Thanks for the "explain" Just me. I think you are probably right on target regarding her behavior.

I'm probably going to be slammed for this, but why do most people here want to see her go down so badly? I understand people wanting her to be punished if it is proven that she stole the necklace, and she should be if she committed the crime, but it's not like this woman killed anyone or is a murderer. Her problems seem to stem from her drug and alcohol abuse - which is a disease really. I'm finding that there seems to be more hatred for this girl then there is for Charles Manson or a baby killer like Casey Anthony! People are really wishing her bad things. Lindsay isn't evil, she's just some other issues. I don't really understand where all the hatred is coming from. I guess I always hold out hope for the young people who have problems like she does.

angeleyes

Well Miz - you could be right about that - she may have tried it on - liked it and left with it on thinking her staff or handler was filling out the necessary paperwork for her "borrowing it" It could be a big misunderstanding - The store owners could have been concerned when they could not get ahold of her the next day - I wasn't there and neither were you so we don't really know - but to charge someone with theft seems a bit extreme to me without talking to them first -
There's no scene by saying "excuse me - someone has to sign for that article before it leaves the store" That's only common sense. -

I have not kept up with any of Lindsays' shena****ns - frankly she doesn't interest me - she's young and needs to get a grip on her life if she hopes to enjoy it - But this seemed so unbelieveable I just had to stop and comment - Bye!

miz

Lisa, you sound like a nice person, but one who has the mind of an Enabler.

People like this are given chance after chance and helped and helped. When is enough, enough?

A poor nobody would not get all these chances even if they had a problem/disease and couldn't pay for a good attorney.

Just Me

Lisa, I think most people here just want her to stop her behavior ~ it's getting out of control and they're tired of hearing about this time and time again, with no real punishment. After umpteen chances, people lose patience. Right, she hasn't killed anybody . . . yet. Remember, her initial arrest for the drugs had her behind the wheel driving recklessly with other people in the car, chasing down another driver. It could have very easily turned deadly. Alot of people have had bad experiences with alcoholics/drug users as well, and the excuses really wear thin. It's just time that she's held legally accountable for her behavior and hopefully she will finally learn her lesson. Unfortunately for her, this lesson it will have to be learned the hard way ~ she's been given many chances and left no other choice for herself.

Lisa

Posted at 3:37 AM on Feb 6, 2011 by Truth

Ummm....Obviously not because Eva Longoria has worn jewelry for this store. So has Jennifer Love Hewitt and Amanda Seyfried and I never heard of it till this fiasco blew up in the tabloids. I had never heard of this jeweler until today. Then I googled it and and went to their site and ooooo'ed and ahhhh'ed over the pretty necklaces, rings and earrings thinking to myself that I might want to order myself some baubles. So....no...I have to disagree with you. I think this is bringing the jewelry store A LOT of publicity. Good or bad - it got me in.

JAMES LAKOVISH

the necklace she accused of stealing looks like a pieace of junk, not worth thousands of dollars. boycott the jewelry store, and send them emails and tell them how stupid they are to try and ruin her life over that pieace of junk

Lisa

I guess I've just been blessed not to have anyone close to me (family or friends) who have had drug/alcohol or behavioral problems. I hope that I wouldn't be an enabler - I don't think I would be, but watching this girl from a distance just makes me want to yank some sense into her. Jeez. She could have it all, but she just keeps screwing it up. I don't even follow these tabloids that often and don't know the ins and outs and all the details, but I'm bored out of my mind and reading this stuff the past few days. Too cold to get up and do anything else.

BruceLD

Two possibilities....

1) She is a lying thief.
2) The media cartels are trying hard to frame her.

Either way she better smarten up and get the hell outta the country whenever she legally can. Otherwise she might end up dying in an "accident" or mysteriously "committing suicide."

Grow and wake up Lindsay.