Lindsay Lohan: I'm Just an Easy Target

2/6/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan believes the felony grand theft charge she will face is yet another example of how she has simply become an easy target for people looking to hurt her.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_01
As we first reported, Lindsay will be charged with felony grand theft as early as Monday for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store.

Sources connected with Lindsay tell TMZ ... LiLo thinks, "People just don't believe me and know I'm in a vulnerable position."  She thinks the jewelry store owner is seizing the moment by concocting a story that Lindsay stole the jewelry.  Lindsay insists it was loaned to her.

And we're told ... Lindsay is "extremely nervous" about the prospect of going back to jail.   Although she refers to the possible penalty as jail, it's actually a lot worse ... State prison.

Lindsay is telling people, "Nothing is worth going back."

miz

Only Possibilty.. She's a Lying Thief.

If the store doesn't prosecute her I'm gonna email them and let them know how I feel.

kanidana

Yes, miss or mister disturbed, I've read the literature about sociopaths. Interesting though it is, the difficulty in diagnosing this problem is that MANY PEOPLE DISPLAY MANY OF THESE CHARACTERISTICS without knowing it. A blind study was conducted by psychologist on other psychologists using a computer questionnaire. What was surprising is how many psychologists actually fit the criteria for sociopathic tendencies based on the questionnaire. Never be too hasty in judging others. You might be surprised at how blind you are to yourself. And don't forget, much on your LIST is very hard to pin down in others. Intentions, thoughts, feelings, hard to judge in others since we, as human being, cannot enter another persons mind. The mind is experienced subjectively, and behavior can only be superficially analyzed as evidence of what the mind of the actor is feeling, experiencing, and thinking. Actor in this terminology is self explanatory.

Lisa

LOL Miz...I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think the owner filed a police report already. I think it's up to the DA to investigate and charge her. TMZ says charges are coming Monday.

I would love to read that police report (just cause bored, curious and a little bit nosey). I'm still curious how it all went down.

ManiacalZebra

You've made yourself an easy target, honey. You have no one to blame but yourself. Your own sense of entitlement is what has brought you to this point. You need more than rehab. You need a complete life overhaul.

miz

Yeah, everything can be subjective. Doesn't matter what she has or hasn't been diagnosed with.. we all know she's a messed up loser and that it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

Whodis

why do most people here want to see her go down so badly?
it's not like this woman killed anyone or is a murderer.
I'm finding that there seems to be more hatred for this girl then there is for Charles Manson or a baby killer like Casey Anthony! People are really wishing her bad things. Lindsay isn't evil, she's just some other issues. I don't really understand where all the hatred is coming from.

Posted at 3:42 AM on Feb 6, 2011 by Lisa

+++++++++++++++++
I'm calling you a liar.
You find more hatred for Lindsay than Manson and Casey Anthony? Really? Where are you looking?
Or, did you just feel like saying something so extreme to make Lindsay appear better (and everyone else worse)?
-whatever the reason, it was a lie.

Hey, you say Lindsay's crimes stem from "disease"? -how about we drag Manson back into this and ask if you if he too suffered from "disease". Does he get a pass from you too?

Evil is as evil does ... -evil knowingly steals things that they know do not belong to them.
Evil knowingly suppresses the rights, and strips liberty, of others for selfish gain.

It's no wonder you don't "understand". You aren't kind, you're an idiot.
Pop quiz ... -ass and elbow, identify ... oops, FAIL.

Mark Proctor

An addict will use and abuse anything that changes the way they feel... including shop lifting for the adrenaline rush.

kanidana

replace terminology with context. Stho sthorry, I'm drunk.

Barbie

What usually happens with an addict is they give up one addiction only to form other addictions.

There is no one on here posting comments that's a saint. None of us are without fault in our lives. We aren't perfect. So for anyone to say we are judging or casting stones at her, or just looking to get her busted for something is completely ludicris.

I have my own demons, I've done things in my past that I regret, but I've never thought of myself as any better or worse than anyone else.

Now in this case Lindsay has this notion that everyone is against her, using her as an easy target because she's so vunerable. Can we say YA RIGHT! If Linsday Lohan borrowed that piece of jewelry, then as the store has said there would be a flurry of paperwork needed for the jewelry loan.

I know if I owned a jewelry store and I had people come in wanting to "borrow" a piece of jewelry from my store, I'd be damn sure that there is proof of the loan out, proof of it's due date back, and proof that the person wearing it for a limited time would have all that paperwork completed before the piece left the store.

Once again Lindsay Lohan not taking responsibility for her own actions. Blaming it on her assistant for not returning it in a timely fashion. Taking the piece of jewelry to the police station rather than back to the store ? What is that about?

Does she really think she's so special anymore that she can actually think because her assistant brought it to the police station to clear things up doesn't that make her seem more innocent of the crime.

It actually makes her look more guilty of a crime. Returning something stolen to the police, hours before the search warrant is executed, doesn't take away the fact that she walked out of the store with that piece of jewelry. I'd bet my house she made that move because there's so much more to be found by searching her house and she wanted to prevent that from happening.

Yes she needs to be treated fairly, and of course she will be. It's time for CA to stop giving celebrities special treatment. That to me seems like fair treatment. I have no doubt that she's already cooking up a different explanation, because the one she has already given is total BS, and makes her look like a fool. Just like when she got "stuck" in Cannes and couldn't get back for a court hearing, please... Oh and she also lost her passport and couldn't get one in time to get back. That's the best one!

I think those of us who have any intelligence here, can see that she's now insulting our intelligence. She stole a piece of jewelry and she now has to face the consequencs of her actions, just like any other citizen of CA would.

We are done beleiving her BS, surely what happened that night at Betty Ford with the assault was a true story, it's too bad she was let off the hook on that one too!!!!

normal person

What is the psychological term for haters on the net. I mean those of you who take pleasure in making up stories to harm a person you don't even know but think you know so much about. You know who you are. Always looking for someone to bash.
I have watched you folks HARASS lilo for the past 2 years. You all just like to hate on her. I thought on silly Tea baggers were haters.

normal person

The comments on this site make me laugh at some of the outrageous lies that people tell on this site like it was fact. The other day I read that Canada had slavery . Shows you how stupid most posters are. Canada never had slavery.

dante

The entire Family Lohan deserves to be deported and sent into exile: the unctuous, oily, loser father; the botoxed, desperate Long Island housewife mother; the drug-addicted, skank daughter/thief. Lindsay is an absolute s*** of the earth.
How can anyone on this planet find sympathy for that trash???
She stole that necklace. Period. Send her to jail like anyone else who would have been caught red-handed. Afterall, she is a NOBODY now.

les2good4u

dang Lindsay if you are giung to risk going to prison, steal something that is at least pretty. That necklace looks like some animals ball sack. I would not wear that ugly necklace if they paid me. Your excuses are getting old and worn out just like you. If my memory serves me correctly, this is not the first time she has been accused of stealing, Wasn't it a couple of years ago she walked out of a club with someone elses fur coat?
She just doesn't get it!

kanidana

I'm calling you a liar.
-whatever the reason, it was a lie.

It's no wonder you don't "understand". You aren't kind, you're an idiot.
Pop quiz ... -ass and elbow, identify ... oops, FAIL.
.................................

Your argument makes so many assumptions, I don't know where to begin. I will tell you one thing, EVIL doesn't do anything, it's a vaguely measurable trait that can vary depending on ones worldview. Some Muslims think not wearing the proper clothing is a sin and thus evil. Evil in the religious view when taken at a macro level is so laughable it's a non starter for any serious debate.

Now, what would Lindsay gain from stealing a necklace, selfishly, that is? What specific selfish gain did she obtain by stealing this necklace?

And to go back to your evil definition, if a starving person steals when no other options are available, does that make them EVIL? Is it selfish to satiate ones hunger in desperate situations? It's easy to answer yes, when you've never starved. I'm not applying this to Lindsay, just to your simplistic argument about evil.

Evil is as evil does is a gumpism. You know, Forrest Gump that brilliant fictional philosopher that so many people loved. LMFAO!!!!

normal person

Haters haters haters why don't you find someone else to pick on