Palin Event Canceled Over 'Safety Concerns'

2/6/2011 4:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An event scheduled for May featuring Sarah Palin was canceled the day after it was announced, citing "personal attacks" against Palin and "safety concerns."

0928_sarah_palin_tmz_bn
The Sharon K Pacheco Foundation announced the cancellation of their 2011 Patriots & Warriors Charity Gala and included a statement on their Facebook page. It reads, "Due to an onslaught of personal attacks against Governor Palin and others associated with her appearance, it is with deep sadness and disappointment that, in the best interest of all, we cancel the event for safety concerns."

The foundation went on to say no direct threats were made against Palin or anyone else involved with the event.

andy

Perhaps, the event may have been cancelled simply because people are loosing interest . . .

frank

Patrick Henry you need to get some help. You do not know me to attack me. I worked hard all my life. Never been on drugs do not even drink. I have raised 4 very productive children who never got into any trouble. I am retired and help with my grand children. If libel and slander can be prosecuted maybe you are the one who should be prosecuted.
You ******gers just spew hate though.

andy

losing interest, not "loosing" interest, . . . dang it!!!!!!

Vernon P. Alarcon

Saradipity will never go back to WaySilly Alaska.
Not enough publicity there. She's down in the 48 to stay.

Why does she go around with that stupid smile on her face?

Why is McLame still in office? After unleashing the horrible thang on America, he should be permanently retired.

Why do people pay money to hear this idiot or her mentor?

Are we an intelligent country or an idiocracy?

Everyone must be held accountable and responsible!

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to speak english properly because some people out there in our nation don't have education and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Keep up the good work people!

janet

Obama and Palin will have a contest of who can read the tele-prompter better.

Palins saftey? Is there a wounded moose after her?

andy

I can't really see too many persons switching over to Palin's support camp from this point forward. Everyone seems to have a fairly good idea of who she is, . . . right, wrong, or indifferent. Some of her current supporters may lose interest over time, . . . but, I highly doubt that she will gain very many new "recruits" from this point forward. If she chooses to enter the Republican primary race, . . . well, that's pretty much where the situation will end. Even in Fox News polls, she shows around 7% support when compared to likely candidates to enter the primary contest. The current leader is Romney with around 35%, and I'm not really sure that he's the right guy to challenge the current President. I think Jeb Bush would be the strongest possible Republican candidate, but, he insists that he wont run in 2012 because of the relatively fresh stigma still attached to the "Bush" name.

Politics, . . . gotta love it ! ! !

Patrick Henry

You ******gers just spew hate though.

Posted at 9:39 PM on Feb 6, 2011 by frank

Boo Hoo *YOu* (( sniff)) feel that I attacked you, yet read your own words, hating on a woman you never met because of your stupid political beliefs. I see that your nasty insult was blanked out...way top go grand parent. Who cares if you have a job, that does not speak to character nor lack of character posted by you. You are a coward to hide behind a screen when attacking a public figure, and yes there are and will be many cases concerning slander on the internet. Are you aware that Obama hired 100's of people to troll the net, shut down opposing sites gather e mails and threaten people? It sure seems like he still is playing that game. You have no reason to hate on Palin as she is a mother and a grand parent as well.

And let me guess your a proud liberal as well.

janet

Palin is no more qualified than Obama is. Bought and paid for.

Jordan

Imagine the republican ticket for 2012 Palin/O'Donnell

frank

Patrick Henry they will sure be prosecuting you. You have called me horrible names and talked a lot of trash. You sound Just like Sarah. We do not need your kind of grass roots movement. You are probably one of those people who carries a gun all time so he can shoot any one who does not agree with him You are a angry man. By the way I am a 68 year old woman. You are not a nice man. I am also republican.

the DQ

Officials of which there there is only one at a time (The Governor, The President of the United States, The Speaker of the House, The Secretary of State, The Surgeon General ...) don't continue use of their former title. They use what they were entitled before taking the one-at-a-time position. E.g., Dwight Eisenhower in retirement went back to "General Eisenhower" He was no longer The President". Same with Colin Powell ... he's no longer "Mr. Secretary" or "Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff" ... he's General Powell. Bill Clinton is now "Mr. Clinton." When you hear a TV journalist saying "President Clinton" it's a short-hand third-person phrase to quickly tell the viewer who is being discussed. It's not a form of address.

the DQ

An excerpt from her gobbly-dee-goop speech Friday night at the ranch formerly owned by the Reagan's. Count the words in the first sentence. ROFLMAO

"I would continue on the same course of not really caring what other people say about me or worrying about the things that they make up, but having that thick skin and a steel spine, knowing that what is needed in America are those things that Ronald Reagan did espouse and what he lived and not worrying about what the critics are going to say about me or my family or what it is that I stand for because I do believe, David, that there are more commonsense conservative Americans on our side on the issues that we stand for than there are those who oppose the idea of individualism and God given liberty and opportunity to work hard and to progress according to our own work ethic and our own merits. I would continue to believe that there are more who are believers in those values than there are not, so I would continue down that same path.”

Cartman

Palin wants whats best for the country.

Obama wants whats best for his legacy as the man does not care about the country. He only cares how he will be seen 100 years from now. Fat lot of good that does us lowly peasants now.

We need someone who truly cares about this country to run it, not some douche who has an eye on the history books and only thinks about windmills and solar energy when the country is drowning.

I just hope posts like mine make it to history to show how shallow-minded this silly President of ours is.

Yeah, he will be famous after we are all dead but what does that do for us now who want to work and make money?

-Cartman

whatever

Yes Sarah Palin,

LOTS of security concerns because there are many CRAZY and SANE people who like to carry loaded weapons....

DUH..

the DQ

Bubbles dear,

From a Denver Star commenter :

"The Sharon K. Pacheco Foundation is not registered with the Colorado Secretary of State to solicit charitable funds in Colorado.

"Its business filings with the Secretary of State have been habitually delinquent since it was incorporated in 2001.

"Its 2009 IRS Form 990 EZ (the tax return required of very small nonprofit organizations) reported zero contributions in 2009, and only $1,000 in 2008. Its total assets in 2009 were $2,204."

And, just Wednesday their Facebook page was advertising 50% off tickets to meet the Grifter. Guess they couldn't find enough marks to pony up, thus, the poor picked on Sarah cancellation copout.