« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

Kids Come Before

Hall of Fame

2/7/2011 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Deion Sanders showed up to the NFL Hall of Fame induction press conference on Saturday (for which he was the main honoree) wearing a sweatshirt and track pants -- that's because he didn't want to leave a youth football game before it was over.

Deion SandersDeion's team took on a team coached by Snoop Dogg in something called the Snooper Bowl (so it shouldn't come as a surprise that Snoop's team won in a landslide).

We're told Deion got calls early in the morning asking him to show up for the announcement -- but Deion told them the kids came first and he didn't want to disappoint them.

The man they call "Primetime" made it eventually, wearing the same black Under Armour sweatshirt he'd worn all day.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rick

I applauded all the people who left positive comments. To the ones who left negative comments, are your lives so pathetic that even when someone does something good you can't even compliment them? I don't know what wrongs Deion Sanders has done in the past because I am not a sports fan and don't follow it but I do know who the guy is. I also know that he does a lot for kids and kid charities. There are people out there killing and abusing kids and leading them in the wrong direction everyday. Here comes someone doing good things for the kids and trying to be a good role model and you still put him down. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! Get off your lazy azzes and off your freaking computers and get out there and try to do something good too. Maybe then you can give someone a compliment for doing something good instead of putting people down and dogging them.

AJ

Here's a thought...wear a suit to the kids game.

You don't even have to wear a tie, leave it in the car and tie it before the conference. Or, you can just dress like a punk. Oh, that's right, you did.

Jaime

I was at the main event and my son participated in the snoop bowl. A lot of the parents that were at the main event were upset because they had announced that this was an event for the kids but Deion ignored my son when he asked him to autograph his football and even moved him out of the way. I have this on video to prove it. Snoop Dogg, P Diddy, and Nate Newton signed autographs. They really were about the kids not like Deion. I was a Deion fan and I really think that he is full of **** and is the same old Deion.

MZLEN

Very disappointed at Mr Sanders after the Snoop Bowl game. Mr Sanders didn't give props to the boys from Cali or even take the time to take pictures with the players from Cali. The boys really were excited to see him and looked up to him.I guess he didnt know Cali had "TRUE" athletes. I thought this game was about the kids but he showed his true colors. Also for those who were saying that Snoop's team had more time to prep for this game, please, Snoop scouted the best athletes and seen true talents. Remember it's a ALL STARR TEAM and that's what we brought. We all practice the same time by the looks of Mr.Sanders he was not happy losing to a Rap Star. So much love to Snoop team from Cali.

A mom

His kids come first? Well he needs to teach the older two some manners for disrespecting his wife. Be the first to check them cause they will try that with someone else and people today ain't havin'it! I wouldn't want him over my kids! He needs to clean out his yard before he starts sweeping around someone else's!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2