« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fergie -- Don't Pick on Christina Aguilera!

2/7/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fergie is coming to Christina Aguilera's defense after she flubbed the national anthem yesterday before the Super Bowl -- claiming Xtina's "human" ... and everyone makes mistakes.

Fergie Black Eyed Peas

Fergie was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning -- where she admitted her own performance with the Black Eyed Peas also failed to meet her expectations ... calling some of her notes "pitchy."

Boom boom pffft.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jenny

YEAH FERGIE I REMEMBER WHEN YOU PEEPEED YOURSELF SO I GUESS PEOPLE DO MAKE MISTAKES. LOL

zima

don't worry fergie your performance was way worse thatn cristina's you looked worse than britney at the vma's

dd

The Sound Crew should all be FIRED!

Dobby

I have one question for Fergie. Did you really wet your pants that day, or did you just get bombed and have sex with someone and it just leaked out? Saying you peed yourself is less chance the boyfriend will leave you, huh?

Jenni

Fergie SUCKED as well....she slaughtered that GNR song

scorpio

I Think They All Had To Many Superbowl Drugs! There Performances Sucked!!!!

JCM

I cringed just listening to the Black Eyed Peas performance and all the notes that Fergie missed, that even I could sing. This is what you get for entertainment I guess: a live, unedited singer who needs voice training - the thing is when you are a professional singer this is what you get PAID to do and when you sign up for the SuperBowl you better be ready to promote yourself like you have never promoted yourself before and the BEP's blew it. I don't want to hear any excuses from any of these multi-millionaires who for a living have chosen to be singers. Reality just smacked them in the face...at least I have seen them live now I know not to ever buy another CD or god forbid go to a concert. Christina on the other hand - may have fumbled on a few words and the final note was a bit rough, but she can sing pretty well still. However, anyone who says the BEP's did a great job has either lost their mind or they are going deaf. Honesty can be brutal, but someone has to say something. The backlash is on you Fergie - not Christina.

soulofanangel

With mediocre expectations of the current stock of "celebrities", the next step will be putting on their helmets to HEAR the reviews of their bargain basement talent.

The only way to go from here is UP!

Ash

To you people that are saying were being to harsh. These are professionals, not your kids school concert. They get paid huge amounts of money for these performances and with that are subject to ridicule should they suck out loud like Xtina and BEP did.

camaguey

This is what Aguilera does for a business. This is what we PAY her for. Not to have the BRAINS to look at the teleprompter to sing is beyond arrogant. Plus she is fat and ugly. GET A TRAINER!!!!

Sue

Like I care what fergie thinks. she was absolutely HORRIBLE in the half time show. How can somebody get famous as a singer who can't sing a note to save her life? I wanted to smash in the TV when she sang Sweet Child O Mine. And I'm ticked off at Slash for even allowing her to butcher that song the way she did. SHE should be embarrased. I don't care if Christina made a few mistakes, at least she can actually sing.

JCM

Why not have Beyonce perform & Jay Z? Beyonce is from TEXAS!!! That would have been an awesome SuperBowl halftime show - because they are serious perfectionists! Beyonce live is always amazing!

jane

Ya Fergie, You sucked too, worse even! Damn auto-tune.

Criss

I say good for Fergie. It's nice to see someone's got Christina's back considering how relentless people have been in the past (not even 24) hours. So she screwed up a little bit. It was obvious to anyone who's ever sang in front of an audience, much less the world, that she realized when she flubbed, and that there was no turning back, so she tried her best to salvage it as well as possible.

John-Texas

Televising singing from a stadium always make singer sound worse then they are. Yesterday’s Halftime show was so bad I turned it off(only the halftime show; thank you picture in picture).

Thank you Christina Aguilera, you just proved that people do not know the words to our National Anthem.

Fergie's singing proved how 'studio work' can make anyone sound good.