« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fergie -- Don't Pick on Christina Aguilera!

2/7/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fergie is coming to Christina Aguilera's defense after she flubbed the national anthem yesterday before the Super Bowl -- claiming Xtina's "human" ... and everyone makes mistakes.

Fergie Black Eyed Peas

Fergie was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning -- where she admitted her own performance with the Black Eyed Peas also failed to meet her expectations ... calling some of her notes "pitchy."

Boom boom pffft.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

VAGLOCKGIRL

WHO REALLY GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE HALFTIME SHOW TO BEGIN WITH? 9 OUT OF 10 OF THEM SUCK. QUIT BITCHIN AND WATCH THE GAME. JESUS. THE SOUND SYSTEM DIDNT HELP ANYONE. BUT I AM SURE EVERYONE OUT THERE BASHING FERGIE AND CHRISTINA COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER. BS. AND IF BEYONCE AND JAY Z OR RETARD K WEST GOT OUT THERE, IT WOULDNT BE ANY BETTER. WHAT REALLY SUCKS IS THAT THE SEASON IS OVER. :(

Colonel Bleep

Except for the actual game, it was all incomprehensibly pathetic! Hopefully these performer pretenders have been seen by the whole world now for what they really are, and they shall be banished forever more.

Beau

I think Peas did a good job, especially Fergie! Problem was with whomever was in charge of the sound/mixing board. But I do have to agree the outfits are too spacey and Xtina Sucked as she usually does. No excuse to forget the words when the Jombo Screen is displaying the words for the crowd to sing along.

Reality1

Fergie, you can be pitchie - it was your performance, even though it was aweful. But if you get the chance to stand up and represent America not only to the Nation but the world, that is disgusting! She could have had cue cards, and she could of had one of those monitors to read off of. And it wasn't her only time of flubbing the National Anthem. Bring on Martina McBride - someone who knows how to sing!

richard

ok really....am I the only one who thinks fergie ( cant sing ) my god she was bad how she got a record deal is beyond me...

savannah

Fergie is right everyone makes mistakes. However, not everyone is asked to sing @ the Super Bowl and given a cheat sheet (teleprompter)to boot!!! Maybe she can't read?

tink981

Why does the Super Bowl never bring in country artists to perform. They may have in the past, but very rarely. I can't stand watching a show that I can't understand the words. All I heard from BEP was moaning and screaming. Very poor. I would love to see Sugarland, Jason Aldean, or Taylor Swift. Why does it always have to be rock, hip-hop, or rap??? At least I can understand what the country artists are singing.

Also, I think Carrie Underwood would have done an awesome job with the national anthem. Her or Taylor would have been good choices.

ron hanforth

Hey VA Glock girl;
walmart called, you're late for work!
the sound system sucked because you can't produce fake talent on Live TV. Autotunes only sound cool (to your ilk) if it's produced in a studio. The halftime show is important and part of what america looks forward to. The Stones, Bruce Springsteen, The Who and Aerosmith all did great jobs; too bad your caplocked tastes can't accept that. It's time that the NFL gets the message that this crap music belongs in the NFL only to serve as bumper music between commercial breaks piped in from the soundboard at the stadium. leave the REAL musicians to do Live performances! CLASSIC ROCK DAMNIT!

Butch

I totally agree with Brian. AS a veteran, I oppose so-called artist putting their "stamp" on the national anthem. It's not broke, so don't to to fix it. Sing it the way it was written.

tink981

I think the producers of the show used the bright costumes and light displays to cover up the sucky singing. When an artist is truly talented, they don't need all those lights and gimmicks.

My husband and I actually turned it to a different station until after the show ended because we couldn't handle the fakeness of the performers.

Ableto

Xstina, is supposed to be a pro! It came out singing like a skank! How dare it tear up our national anthem the it did! Fergie, can kis our collective asses if she think's she's coming to the skank's defense!

Ableto

Xstina, is supposed to be a pro! It came out singing like a skank! How dare it tear up our national anthem the way it did! Fergie, can kiss our collective asses if she thinks she's coming to the skanks defense!

riottgirl

That was one of the WORST half times shows ever! What was up with the musical talent last night?!

The commercials sucked too...

Rufus

"Everybody makes mistakes." Like the idiots who picked the Black Eyed Peas to do the halftime show.

Carole Ann

I'm the mother of a combat Marine and that is the only song that moves me to tears. So is it asking to much for this overindulged celebrity to get it right without trying to put her spin on it. Just shows her lack of respect for all the song honors.