Lindsay Lohan -- Felony Grand Theft Charges Filed

2/9/2011 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has been officially charged with felony grand theft ... TMZ has learned.  The case has just been filed.

Lindsay Lohan Felony Charges
Lindsay is accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, CA jewelry store on January 22. Surveillance video from the store shows Lindsay walking out with the necklace, which is partially hidden by other jewelry around Lindsay's neck.

Prosecutors recommended Lindsay's bail be set at $20,000. If convicted of felony grand theft, according to the charging documents Lindsay could face up to three years in state prison.

0209_lilo_doc_launch_Reg

Lindsay will be arraigned today at 1:30 PM PT -- we'll livestream the hearing so stay tuned.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Spot

I thought it was up to 3 years... has she already gotten to someone?

Phreaky

She continually blames it on a "misunderstanding" - NEWSFLASH - that excuse only works the first 8 times.

M

So now it's 1 year max?! You've been saying 3 years.......

Mary Ann

I bet she wishes she finished her alcohol classes on time now. Poor thing.

henson8755

Who cares! Always a spoiled brat...... I really feel sorry for her but she has to help herself at this point because no one else can do it for her.

Davey Boy

Ummm 'yer Honor. I'd like to propose a recess so I can go get my nail redone for the appropriate FU painted onto it.

Thanks.

Ashlee

Who cares anymore?! She does this because she gets away with it. What's having a bad record when you get a free out of jail card each time. I just wish ONCE a judge will get sick of her crap and actually FORCE her to stay in jail for her entire sentence. They want to be treated just like regular human beings but yet as soon as they get caught breaking the law they want to use their fame to the advantage. It sickens me.

Jordan

Who loaned her the ring.

Lori

WHOOOOOPS...THERE IT IS!!!!!

Rose5491

If this goes to trial... i.e. no plea bargain deal struck.... how long until the trial starts? How backed up are the CA courts?

Are we talking weeks? months???

And would someone who actually knows CA law please explain what happens now to her probation? Does it automatically get violated now that the felony charge has been filed?

Is she entitled to bail on the felony charge? on the probation violation?

I'm confused and I'd like to understand all this....

I guess my bottom line question is... is she going to jail anytime soon and if so, for which... felony charge with no bail? or probation violation?

thanks in advance

Manimal

Yes Dina it's time to just how good an actress Blohan can be. The only thing is there's never going to be an academy award for this.

Jay

This is so unfair! Everyone knows Jamie Lee Curtis is the one who should be arrested! Jamie Lee Curtis has been in Lindsay Lohan's body since one pretty freaky Friday back in 2003. Jamie Lee Curtis is the one who does all of this.

Isn’t it funny that as soon as Lindsay got out of rehab she met with Jamie Lee Curtis in a hotel lobby? That’s because she was actually meeting with the real Lindsay Lohan in an attempt to gain her body back but unfortunately the only thing that can reverse the curse is a glass of grape juice drunken by someone who has had no cocaine or Activia yogurt in their system for at least 24 hours.

Needless to say neither Lindsay or Jamie Lee Curtis have been able to achieve this.

Lucky_130

Jay- In actuality there is more to the "evil twin" than anyone will ever know, except for me.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

you can be convicted of felony grand theft and all you can get is 1 year????

Davey Boy

Lindsay Lohan has tweeted the following:

1)Nails are done, now just have to wake mom up, she is the reason I'm always late to court!

2)Geez soon I'm gonna have more cavity searches on my resume than a frequent flyer with the last name Muhammad #jailsucks

3)Today will be the first Lohan family reunion of the new year! Better get out my favorite nail stencil.

4)I didn't steal anything it was my evil twin from the Parent Trap!

Posted at 10:34 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Jay