Mark Zuckerberg -- I Fear My Facebook Stalker

2/8/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Zuckerberg claims he's being stalked by a man who's been sending him creepy messages through Facebook and threatening his safety ... TMZ has learned.

Mark Zuckerberg Stalker

Zuckerberg has obtained a restraining order against 31-year-old Pradeep Manukonda -- after Mark filed legal papers claiming the guy has tried to "follow, surveil and contact Mr. Zuckerberg using language threatening his personal safety" ... and the safety of his girlfriend and his sister.

Law enforcement sources tell us Pradeep had gone to several Facebook offices in Palo Alto attempting to contact Mark to ask for money for his financially-strapped family.

According to the legal docs, Facebook security also intercepted Pradeep at Mark's home on January 24 just as he was about to walk up the front steps.

Cops gave Pradeep a verbal warning -- but Mark claims the guy has continued to try to contact him through the mail ... even sending flowers to his home with a hand-written letter on January 28.

In one of his Facebook messages to Mark, Pradeep writes, "please help me, then I am ready to die for you." He continues, "Please understand my pain."

0207_pradeep_facebook

The judge has ordered Pradeep to stay at least 300 yards away from Mark, his sister Randi and his girlfriend Priscilla Chan pending a hearing later this month.

SayWhat

lol... sounds like a new spin on the old *****ian scam.

SayWhat

lol... sounds like a new spin on the old *****ian scam.

Posted at 6:48 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by SayWhat
========================================================
WTF??? I hate auto censor! n.igeri.an scam.... grow up tmz

Bobo Frog

This Indian dude just wants a job in one of Facebook's India branches. This is all just a big misunderstanding.

Candy

He would rather go on Oprah and announce the millons he is giving away, rather than throw this poor dude a few bucks. Shameful.

Gee

he just wants a bit of loving, Mark! can't you give him that muchh?! LOL.

what i also don't understand is that people is going off saying how he is a terrorist/muslim, as far as I know (i'm an indian), pradeep is a hindu name. just thought i'd clear that up :)

& also, maybe it's time that you improved facebook security/privacy, Mark!

Jackie

How about blocking his IP and delete his profile. Also get very tight security or body guards.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

This NUT needs to be in a Mental hospital.

Posted at 4:02 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by get real

You mean Zuckerburg, right.

myliverhurts

I would actually enjoy reading letters and writing checks. Someone should start a fund for this guy I have a few bucks I don't need. Mark you could use a better looking girlfriend one that doesn't look like she ate $50,000,000,000 worth of fatty fatso foods...

tgrfan42069

lmao the creator of facebook gets stalked on his own creation and cant keep the guy from stalking him.that looks bad.

growup

Facebook page? check.

Jihad-loving facebook friends who long for an Islamic state governed by a Khalifat? check.

Likes WikiLeaks and Revolution in Pakistan... hmm. yes, yes, go on... gals, if you don't mind getting stoned, this could be the guy for you!

Truthfully though, he had me at "Hello, Infidel."

Truth

WOW, NOW THE DOUCHE ZUCKERBERG KNOWS WHY RICH PEEPS AND CELEBS LIVE IN GATED COMMUNITIES AND 24HR PRIVATE SECURITY MANSIONS. MORON LIVES ON A TYPICAL MIDDLE CLASS NEIGHBORHOOD, SERVES HIM RIGHT. "CAUGHT HIM GOING UP THE STEPS", LOL. THAT'S FUNNY... STEPS FROM THE SIDEWALK. IRONIC, THE NERD GETS STALKED ON HIS OWN CREATION. KARMA'S A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

Lyonene

Dax, I can't tell if you got my sarcastic point or not. Yes, stalkers would be a huge reason (among others) why MZ saying people should blanket share their contact info is a really bad idea.

IMO, if I want them to have my contact info, they already have it. If not, they can send me a private message through FB to see if I want them to have it or not. Just because I farm or read horoscopes with 'em doesn't mean I want them knowing my number or address.

----------------------

Um, Identity Theft? Stalkers? Online Fraud? The FBI? Nosy Employers? Geez...

According to the latest security alert from a tech company who tracks these sorts of things, Facebook has become a breeding ground for all of the above activity. Welcome to MZ's new world.

Lyonene says:

From Time Magazine regarding contact info being available:

"But the Facebook creators seem shaped more by the belief that transparency and sharing can be for the common good. “Why wouldn’t you want to share?” Zuckerberg asks. “Why wouldn’t you want to be open unless you’ve got something to hide?"

Hmmm. Why indeed.

Posted at 7:19 PM on Feb 7, 2011 by Dax

CrisDizzle

Cry me a river Zuckerburg! Just come out of the closet bruh! You pair make a good couple! AHAHAH! ;-]

mrs etherl mertz

#13 - Indians are usually NOT Muslim. Hindu maybe, but NOT Muslim.

Surfer Gal

Zuckerberg would NEVER delete that guy's account! He might make a dime off the stalker's dude's info.