Michael Moore to Harvey Weinstein: You Screwed Me!

2/7/2011 3:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Moore claims movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and brother Robert cheated him out of millions of dollars in profits for the movie, "Fahrenheit 9/11," by secretly diverting profits ... even using Michael's money to fly one of the Weinstein bros. to Europe by private jet.

Michael Moore Harvey Weinstein

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Moore's company, Westside Productions, claims Moore had a deal with the Weinsteins' company -- The Fellowship Adventure Group -- to split profits 50/50 for the flick.

In legal docs filed by Moore's celebrity lawyer, Larry Stein, he alleges the Weinsteins used "bogus accounting methods to hide the true amounts due Westside."  Moore also claims the Weinsteins secretly diverted a fortune in profits to themselves.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" is the top-grossing documentary of all time, pulling in $222 million worldwide.

The lawsuit seeks in excess of $2.7 million.

UPDATE:  Weinstein's lawyer, Bert Fields, tells TMZ, "Michael Moore has been paid over $20 million on this film.  Under the contract he's not entitled to another dime.  His claims are baloney and the timing is very suspicious."

Lex

Who cares the whole film was a big polarizing orgy and whitewashing of the truth.

human

Michael Moore sounds like a Capitalist? Wait... what?

jef

Two of the biggest losers the world has ever seen. Fat bloated gas bag propagandists. They should try this case under Shira Law so they can both be raped by Islamic extremists.

donde

Moore forgot the "I will gladly pay you 20 million tomorrow for a cheeseburger today" comment to Harvey

Richard

I hope that a battalion of slip-and-fall shysters take these two pieces of scheiser for every penny they have.

When it comes to plaintiffs like these two dirt-bags, I say NO to tort reform!

ROBERT

20 million and still no weight loss program?

Betelguese

To Commentors 1-15 (I couldn't get to the rest}

Before you go out in the world each day, do you actually get the stink out of your garbage infested minds???

AI Suman

Hey, I thought Moore was one of those lefties that wants everyone to share the wealth but I guess he only wants us little people to share ours because his is sacred. I guess the Weinsteins are doing what Obama and that fat bastard Moore wants us to do. They are sharing Moores wealth. Not one nickle of my money has paid for a ticket to a Moore film. He makes me puke.

bannie

Cry me a river, you piece of dirt.

growup

re: "Michael does deserve all the money he's earned."

ah, see... this is where you're wrong because progressives believe there's a limit on how much of their money one gets to keep. It's $200,000 a year. And anything over that and you are rich and your income should be redistributed to others less fortunate.

except for some odd reason, Michael believes he is entitled to the money he has earned but berates the rest of us because we feel the same way. That my liberal friend, is hypocrisy.

No sheep were harmed in the creation of this stunning revelation.

FRANKOK

Mikie's shockenmentaries are always filled with lies.

I loved that photoshop pic years ago of FATSO Moore walking hand-in-hand with the Butcher of Baghdad.

Grizzy

Michael Moore showing his true colors. How anyone can take this man seriously anymore is beyond me.

John Smith

The live shots of the people who jumped to the ground did so much to me. The Moore dialog made me puke and hate him. and trust me it's hard for me to hate anyone. I hope the Profit Whores he is fighting with now ...I hope they all get enough personel destruction form this. The sickness will not stop. This is what the "Peace and Love" Marxists are all about.

Third World

any other country in the world and fat ass moore would be cleaning fish and chopping wood...what a hypocritical slob

mooreisagreedyhypocrite

Are they still calling that piece of cr@p a do***entary? I say make a film category called propaganda. Moore’s 9/11 “do***entary” should definitely win an award for the best propaganda film of the year.

I guess Carls Jr cut off Moore’s supply of greasy double meat burgers and now he needs more money for fast food? How much is enough fat boy? 100 Africans could survive for a year off of what you eat in a week.

And for somebody who criticizes greed and capitalism and all that, fatboy can’t be satisfied with the tens of millions (at least) that he has already made? HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

Nothing better than hearing about an American hating communist (Moore) suing a big liberal (Weinstein). It doesn’t get any better than this….except for maybe when that Moore film on capitalism came out and Wolf Blitzer asked Moore what economic system he wanted and Moore had the deer in headlights look and said something stupid like “I don’t know; we need to invent one.” What a moron.