Halle's Race War with Gabriel:

Our Daughter IS Black

2/8/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry says it point blank ... her daughter is Black -- a direct message to her ex Gabriel Aubry who, according to sources, "went nuts" anytime someone called Nahla Black.

0207_halle_gabriel_BN_Getty_01
Halle says in an upcoming interview with EBONY magazine, "I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory." The one-drop rule was used during segregation to describe anyone who wasn't 100% Caucasian.

As TMZ first reported, sources connected with the former couple say Gabriel insists Nahla is White.

Truth is, they're both sorta right ... and both sorta wrong.

So, we gotta ask ...

Halle Berry

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69

Steph

Halle is half white and half black who would just consider her black is her mother the women she came out of black um no she's white so that makes halle mixed her daugher came from a white man and halle who is mixed the babie is mixed how stupid are they my kids are spanish but i'm from puerto rico there dad from Dominican re. makes my kids mixed pr and dr Obama came out a white women he has a black dad he's mixed lmao at pple only count one side be proud to say your mixed it gived you more to talk about more history more of everything!

jabar

in fact to be white or black and yellow or red is not a problem. but many people of the nations they do not like the black people, and people like me i like everyone of all the nations because they the creature of the creator. therefore i hate no one in this world. if you hate someone because of their colour you are not a humane, infact you are Devil and diseases.

Mixed Chick

She is 1/4th black, as if that matters it would be so nice if this woman had one ounce of humility for all she has been gifted, especially having a healthy child so late in life, her realtionships are always about drama, after awhile it becomes clear she is the problem not every single man she has ever been involved with.

Chance

Just like Halle to say that her daughter is black...he'll, Halle isn't even black, she has a white mother and a black father, that pretty much seems like a mixed race to me, which is awesome...but to say her daughter is black when the father is white and she's only half-black is ridiculous...my great grandmother was Cherokee, but I don't go around saying I'm Native American...why does it always seem that when someone is half-white/half-black, they always tell people they are black, just accept the truth and love who you are no matter what mix of race you are!

Chance

Why is it whenever someone is half-black/half-white, i.e. Halle Berry, Tiger Woods, Barack Obama, they alway choose "black"? My grandmother is Cherokee, but I don't go around saying I'm Native American. Halle's daughter is of mixed raced, just like herself...she has a white dad and a mixed-raced mom...just accept the beauty that the daughter is and move on, there are way more important things to worry about Halle! It just amazes me!

Mixedbeauty

Black is sexy and nothing is more beautiful than a gorgeous black girl. With that saidHalle is a stunning woman. But let me say that Nahla looks closer to Black. She has the skin color of a light skin black person. Her coloring is pretty common among black Americans. Also Nahla has closer to black American features not white American. Most blacks in America are watered down lookig Africansin the first place. They look facially watered down with a medium size nose instead of the beak like nose ofwhite Americans.Most Africans in West Africans look totally different. So to say she looks white is ridiculous since she doesnt. She appears light skin black with what some call " good hair" What Halle is saying is that her kid resembles black more than white.I don think she meant to come offas racist.

Mixedbeauty

Hi brain dead people, Does anyone b ut me notice or find i t funny h ow society treats black women. The man i s clearly racisst and so are many people in America. If Halle were playing the race card why is her new boyfriend white?? I believe this e x girlfriend because I'm mixed and I was married to a white man and he used to hurl the n word at me, He'd say he would never date a black woman, b ut that I had "acceptable black features and light s kin" let's face it most white people are racist i n America and don't like black women and look down on them, while they hero-ize black males in t he moves. Black atheletes are looked up to because they dominate sports so they a re ok with most white people. But let a black woman be special in some way, that's when society starts to side with the white boy who's being victimized. We ccan all tell the guy is Eurotrash, I can just tell because I've been around it. White society has never been comfortable (fully)w ith succesful, educated black females so they f ind any way to demonize whore-ize or demean them. I see it all the t ime.And have had first hand experience. Halle was in the r elationship with the man, a nd it didn't work out for a r eason. She seems to clearly hate him but none of you ask yourself why she hates him?? Obviously he is racist, b ut none of you white peoiple w ant t o admit that. Halle is not r acist she's dated black men from light to dark and has had many white lovers. And no she's not paying me I'm just a mixed black woman who knows how white people operate in and out of relationships with black women. Believe me, it's very real how white people treat Black women because they are uncomfortable with Black women's success and out beauty. It's to the bpoint black womne can't argue with some one or speak their mind or they get called "ghetto" speaking your mind as a black woman means you are "ghetto" or "loud" I've grown t o see through white people a nd what they teach Black people. It's not about playing the race card it's just reality of what most of us mixed people live with. And believe me I have many complaints about how Black people treat mixed race people as well, but that's for a different day.

Mixedbeauty

Halle is just telling t he truth. Her daughter's complexion is not common among white people in America. Most white people are not her daughters facial features either.Her coloring more resembles a light skin black and light skin blacks with West African blood are commonly mixed race yet I hear so many white peiple refer to us lighter blacks as just "black" they don't call us "WHITE" sso why do you all insist on calling her white? Again, most Black people in Aamerica are mixed! this is simply all she is saying. She's not being racist. THe father of t he child i s being racist by arguing about something h e knows is not true. If you look at most blakc people we don't look true African anyway. We don't look straight out of Africa. Some do b ut most of us don't . So yeah what's Halle is saying is t hat Nahla may be genetically more white, but physically Nahla is Black. And most likely will have hair that kinks up more and the skin will d arken as she gets older since most black children are lighter at birth and hair is straighter. Trust me those ringlets and darker skin will come in and most people will accept Nahla as Black . Nothing r acist about what she is s aying. It's just the truth.

Mixedbeauty

Proud2bBlack

yeah, it's a ****** alright.

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69