Lindsay Lohan -- Up for a Role in New 'Superman'

2/8/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... Lindsay Lohan?

0206_lindsay_lohan_superman_ex
Sources close to LiLo tell TMZ ... Lindsay's people have had multiple phone conversations within the last few weeks with the people behind the new "Superman" reboot. We're told Lindsay is up for a role in the flick -- and while it isn't Lois Lane, we hear it would be a "major character."

We're told Lindsay is supposed to meet personally with the "Superman" people soon -- but she might be a little busy with that felony grand theft charge thing.

According to our sources, Lindsay is "dying to show people again how talented she is" and is worried this latest run-in with the law (for which she maintains she's innocent) could ruin her shot at the movie.

Apparently that necklace she's accused of stealing is made out of kryptonite.

Reps for Warner Bros had no comment.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

becky

I don't see this going any further then those phone calls. I was just reading yesterday the comments from the director of the Lovelace movie and how he said it was the worst decision they ever made was to have her in that film and that replacing her was the best decision he ever made.
I'm not a Superman fan so I really don't care because I wouldn't go and see the movie in the first place... my thoughts are that they are targeting our children to get this wh*re off the ground again. I would not support her or Charlie at this point and or any point.

Ray

hey I was up for that part

Originalkat

Her people always but "bull" out there when she is in trouble or not in the news. They are probably contacting the movie people so they can say she is in talks with them. I am sure ...that is what an agent is suppose to do for their client. Then they hope by putting this out there it will show she might have a big job. I would imagine she is not very insurable for a movie. Games People Play!

Rocco

I'd like to see Lindsay in a Vivid Film. Or a sextape. Yeah, I'm shallow.

JoeBlowIsBack

Key here, as always when it comes to "positive" things with Lie-ho, is "sources close to Lie-ho". TMZ, honestly, when are you going to cut the crap and realize that neither Dina nor Michael nor super-enabler Nicole, are credible sources.

Southern Lady

I am not a Superman fan, however if Lyndsay Lohan is in it, THAT would be enough for me NOT to go see it or later buy it on DVD!!!! And the necklace stolen/borrowed thing is soooo ridiculus!!!! She took it, she needs to pay for her crime. My 22 yr old would be sitting in jail if they had "borrowed" something, WHY should she get any SPECIAL treatment. Special treatment is what has gotten her to this point in her life... someone needs to shake some sense into her!!!!

Harvey

Even Superman can't stop her drug addiction.

lou

No doubt this is how it went down:

Dina Lohan: "Hello, hello? Yes, I'm Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina..." (click!)

Dina: "What happened? The phone went dead!" (dials again.)
"Hello, yes, this is Lindsay Lohan's Momager and Lindsay wants to star in a major role in the new Superman reboot..." (click!)

Dina: "What the????" (redials.) "Hello, Linsday Lohan will be flying out on Monday to meet you for the biggest female role in the new Superman movie. Bye!" (hangs up quickly.) "Phew!"

Dina: (Calls up TMZ) "High there." (misspelled purposefully.) "I've got a juicy LiLo tip for $10,000. Get this, Lindsay's just had multiple calls over the new Superman movie and is up for a major role. She'll be meeting with someone about it real soon. 'K, bye-bye, make sure to send that $10K quick, cause we need it for bail!"

lou

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! Come on, Dina, we KNOW you're the "source." You (or Michael) always are. Just stop with the BS already. This isn't going to make the judge go easier on LL - "she's got an important role in Superman so she can't go to jail!" Yeah, you've been there, done that. Look what happened - LL lost the role anyway, due to her behavior.

jbeans

I will NEVER give my money to anything or anyone connected with Lindsay Hohan!If it's a movie, I will not go. If it's an advertiser I will not buy their product! If an advertiser pulls out because of Lindsay, I will definitely buy their product!!!

Joe Dabb Babbalucci

All this gibberish about LiLo in a Superman movie is just for free publicity. It could be a ploy by the LiLo camp to keep her out of jail, too. LiLo has no real talent. It's a joke. She needs to be punished for her transgressions. That means jail time. She's not special. Time in jail will let her stew about being in a cell and not being free. Start to behave and perhaps stay out of jail? If she thinks she can fool with the system, she incorrect and will be a frequent guest of jail.

God-Of-Lyf

Looks like the next Superman will be straight to DVD. Name one movie she has ever done that has any redeeming quality! Yeah, There never was one. Just Saying..!

Davey Boy

I can echo most honest, hard-working Americans when I say if Lindsay Lohan is in ANYWAY attached to this movie, I will boycott it.

Honestly, that last one was terrible anyway, but if this cretin is in it, I will not see it.

jus-sayin

Wont be going to see that one....thats for sure! And neither will my family! She is a "L" as in loser!

HarlotO'Hara

Lindsay is "dying to show people again how talented she is"

she's dying? she needs to speed things up and take charlie peen with her.