Lindsay Lohan -- Up for a Role in New 'Superman'

2/8/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... Lindsay Lohan?

0206_lindsay_lohan_superman_ex
Sources close to LiLo tell TMZ ... Lindsay's people have had multiple phone conversations within the last few weeks with the people behind the new "Superman" reboot. We're told Lindsay is up for a role in the flick -- and while it isn't Lois Lane, we hear it would be a "major character."

We're told Lindsay is supposed to meet personally with the "Superman" people soon -- but she might be a little busy with that felony grand theft charge thing.

According to our sources, Lindsay is "dying to show people again how talented she is" and is worried this latest run-in with the law (for which she maintains she's innocent) could ruin her shot at the movie.

Apparently that necklace she's accused of stealing is made out of kryptonite.

Reps for Warner Bros had no comment.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

No movie studio and/or producer would hire this twit for so much as fetching the morning coffee, let alone a film role. I agree with the posters who said the "source" is the magnificently delusional/Enabler Numero Uno, White Oprah!

Superman

The hell you say!!! Hollywood always seems to ruin the superhero genre. The only Superman movie that I even liked a little bit was Superman II when he fought General Zod and the other 2. The rest sucked. You can't make a good superhero movie when the whole plot sucks ass!

ilovegossip

@lee

Lindsay has her clothing line, but I've noticed that everything is half price on the site, so I'd say she's having problems selling items The poor woman who went into business with her on that...

Patiodaddy/KY

Never gonna happen! This Biotch is washed up and soon to be forgotten...........then dead. Watch and see.

themare

#120 Holly

She was overexposed when she was photographed without her underwear on

TheMarshmallowMan

'Our sources" You mean Dina Lohan? I won't watch it if she is in it. I won't support her drug and stealing habit.

Paul

@120

I agree with every word you said.

Good post.

Yea she would distract any movies plot,with all the negative exposure.

I personally would just soon avoid anything she stars in.I think alot of those who produce movies also look at the publics point of view regarding Lindsay.She's really not that popular with the public,and she's actaully created a bad name for herself.

Any Director would also dread having to work her into a script.She'dd just take away the reality of the movie.She's to well known for bad behavior.

I've noticed the Lohan's put out rumors all the time,of Lindsay going to be in some big time movies..Dina is always writing the IMDB telling them Dina is being considered for this role,and for that role etc.

According to Dina's letters to sites like the IMDB..Lindsay should be so booked up,and have at least 3-4 movies she'll be in,in 2011 alone.

It's hog wash.

Lindsay has NO movies lined up,and all a person has to do to be considered for a part in any movie,is submit your resume.

Now we all can call ourselves "considered actores & actresses" for any future roles in a major motion pictures.

Bearcat34

I still don't understand why they keep referring to her as a Starlet. Shouldn't it be former teen actress, or former child star? To me starlet makes me think of glamour, talent, working, clean, stable, per sai a virgin to Hollywood w/ all the talent in the world. I see Lindsay as old looking hag, that has had very few roles since the Disney days. A sub-par actress at that. Just my opinion, but starlet seems almost too good for her.

Jay

I think one of the biggest problems (other than the legal & insurance problems) is that Lindsay has been so over exposed for all of her antics. It's hard to imagine watching anything with her in it right now and seeing the character she is supposed to be playing. I would just see "Lindsay Lohan tabloid queen". Actors need to become the character. I just don't see it. She needs to lay low for awhile and then maybe come back slow in some indie pics and re-establish herself.

Posted at 8:11 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by Holly
______________________________________________________________

Good post I agree with you. It would be hard to see the character Lindsay Lohan would play the public would just see Lindsay Lohan trouble making drama queen. I saw her in Labor Pains and she did do a good job but even then it was hard to see her as her character it was like watching Lindsay Lohan and that is not suppose to be what it feels like to see a film you are not suppose to see the actor you are suppose to see the character.

Labor Pains was before all this going to jail, rehab, getting into fights, probation violations, stealing BS so it would be even more dificult now to see watch a Lohan film and not see the character as her.

Once Lindsay gets off probation (if she ever completes it) and once she has proven to the public that she can stay out of trouble for atleast a month then I guess we will see what becomes of her acting career.

Don Martin

What happened to the day when being a Hollywood crack head, drunk, thief, or other negative influence would get you black-balled? Maybe we should empty our prisons and drop the inmates of in Hollywood so they will have plenty of stock to make all the movies they want. If the MPAA wants to campaign against something perhaps they should consider cleaning their own houses first.

danny

That would be a movie I would avoid. I guess when she heard about the search warrant the police had to find that necklace, she had her servant turn that necklace in because she sure did not want the police find all the cocaine she has in her house.

soulofanangel

she's in the movie SUPERFREAK?

Andrea

Warner Bros.- is this a joke? Please don't ruin Superman- I love Superman movies- I will not see this movie if Lohan is in it- there must be some mistake- please put out a statment to put the kabash on this made-up rumor- to try to keep Lohan from doing time like your kids would if they had done all she has done...

dennis

I will not see this movie ever if that tramp is in it......talk about killin the franchise....

BAD !!!!

Doda`s Bad Girls are coming ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnpNRkFm_Y
Doda reveals its new futuristic space-related video for the single “Bad Girls. ” Last year she was second in the category “Best European Act” at the EMA Awards. Her latest music video was directed by the main producer of the film “The Sin City “. In the song solo part played Jennifer Batten – guitarist of Michael Jackson.