Dr. Murray's Defense: MJ Was In Failing Health

2/8/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson was in such a weakened state before he died ... it's unfair to blame his death on Propofol ...and we've learned this is precisely what lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray will argue to a jury.

0207_conrad_mj_Getty_TMZ_EX_02

Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ ... Dr. Murray's team will argue that at the time of his death, Jackson's body was failing him ... partly because he  was "driven over the edge" by AEG to rehearse for his upcoming tour.

We're told Murray's lawyers will call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals -- and when he did show, he was exhibiting "clear signs" of failing health.

The upshot of the defense ... even if jurors believe Dr. Murray administered the fatal dose of Propofol, Jackson was already in failing health.

But as TMZ has already reported ... Dr. Murray's lawyers will argue Jackson himself administered the fatal dose of Propofol to himself when Murray was out of the room.

The trial begins in April.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

moni

Hi Siggisis,
get well soon!
However, I'm afraid these stories won't help your recovery, lol, they will just make your blood pressure rise!
Murray is never healthy, not even from a distance!

Siggisis

Hi Lee lee and everyone! Thanks - wow, I hope I will be better soon too!! Many people have this flu now - you too, I heard! You are better now, I hope!

I honestly don´t think anything will be said about Michael that can shock us anymore.
I think what will be shocking will be Murray´s slander of and lies about Michael Jackson in feeble attemts to save his own behind.

Siggisis

Thank you, moni!
You´d think you need a doc when you´re ill - but right, Murray makes me even sicker!!!

sofi

So Michael was in failing health,REALLY?
Then how come does the coroner's report state the opposite or does murray's defense know better than the coroner?
If indeed Michael was in failing health,he decides to finish the poor man by stuffing him with propofol,instead of helping him as a real doctor should.But money can turn a person into anything.

FlowerPower

Hi Siggisiss, I agree with you, what a strange defence!

Moni, I would have thought that drinking propofol would cause stinging in the throat therefore causing vomiting?
"Irritancy of Product: This product is irritating to contaminated skin, eyes and other tissues."

Didn't quackster give some meds for Michael that prevent the pain in injection site but if Michael drink it, it would have been painful to his throat?
Still not believable:-)

Miranda et all, have to do better than that. I know this PR person Miranda reads TMZ so who knows if she is TMZ "source" for these kind of "stories"
"TMZ hates Murray's tie. So much for my Christmas gift!
10:48 PM Jan 6th via web"

Opinion

If the doctor knows his health is failing, and still administers dangerous drugs, he is still liable for negligence and in this case manslaughter. I seriously wish more doctors would get tried for Rx dangerous drugs. Many are just drug dealers with a license.

moni

Still not believable:-)

Posted at 5:02 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by FlowerPower
----------

You're right, FlowerPower, I think it was the Lidocaine what prevented Propofol from "burning". Nonsense all around!

MiMi

Is it because you know your patient is in failing heath that you administer propofol in a bedroom without monitoring and then leave him on his own while you phone and texto ?
Not mentioning cleaning up instead of dialing 911.
They shoot horses, don't they ?

Posted at 4:07 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by Barbara

--------------------------------------------

Excellent post Barbara!

The defense is going to call numerous experts to dispute the coroners and others findings. But the fact remains that Conrat never acted in the best interest of his patient and was totally negligent in every way imaginable.

Hence the charge Negligent Homicide.

MiMi

correction: Negligent manslaughter

Lee lee

Night all........

Siggisis

Still not believable:-)

Posted at 5:02 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by FlowerPower
----------

Posted at 5:06 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by moni

Goes to show to what bizarre and absurd lengths Murray and his team are willing to go.
I makes absolutely NO SENSE that Michael should have taken Propofol orally. Come on!!!
What the defense is clearly aiming at with their many and outlandish claims, is to create doubt in the future jury. I am confident that the prosecution witnesses will counter all this nonsense convincingly. I really am.

Siggisis

Night Lee lee, nice that you were here "today". :-)

Ulja

Not mentioning cleaning up instead of dialing 911.
They shoot horses, don't they ?

Posted at 4:07 AM on Feb 8, 2011 by Barbara
$$$$$They shoot horses, don't they ?$$$$$
It seems that it is a way of treatment of murray!

moni

Night Lee lee – no nightmares about Caribbean doctors mixing milk-shakes from apple juice and Propofol...

Siggisis, I hope you're right with your optimism. How dumb does the defense team actually think that a judge, a jury and the public can be?
As I said before: I just hope that this isn't a smoke screen to draw the attention off what "Team Murray" really has in his sleeve. I don't trust them at all. And they still scare me.

Dawn

Michael was under anesthesia not a sleeping pill. You CANT just wake up without medical assistance.... So 1st he drank himself to death with anesthesia that has to be administered by needle... Now he was unhealthy to begin with SOOOO as a board certified physician why would YOU give him ANYTHING that would make him worse.