Judge Lifts Restraining Order in 'Teen Mom' Case

2/9/2011 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Teen Mom" couple Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley are finally allowed to talk and hang out again ... after an Indiana judge modified the terms of a no-contact order affecting the couple ... this according to Gary's lawyer.

0209_amber_gary_EX_TMZ-01

But there's still one major catch -- TMZ has learned the judge is refusing to allow Gary and Amber to be around their daughter Leah at the same time.

We're told the three of them are only allowed to be in the same room while trading custody of Leah.

Amber still faces two felony counts of domestic battery, one felony count of neglect of a dependent, and one misdemeanor count of domestic battery for allegedly beating the crap out of Gary in front of Leah ... and MTV cameras.

And get this -- we're told the former couple "hugged it out" in court today.

Joe

LMAO, I bet the fat ass dude is going around night clubs saying to ladies "Hey I am the fat **** that got bitch slapped by my wife who if half my size and weight. I am riding my 15 minutes of fame to get laid, wanna go get a shake, oh and I will buy you a glass of water or something"

Lets Be Honest

GARY SHIRLEY has got to be the fatest, laziest, uneducated, loser in the whole trailer park.

Where's a tornado when you need one.

GO AWAY GARY SHIRLEY. Your MaMa's basement is still there waiting for you. Can't wait for CPS to come investigate you!!

anony

How would you like those two to be your parents?
You'd rob a gas station just to get the relief of jail.

A. Team

no1 cares about this This isn't news, the fact that your encouraging teen pregnancy is pathetic.

AyeJay

CAN THE FAT GUY JUST JOIN A GYM ALREADY ?
HEY LARDA$$ THE GYM IS YOUR FRIEND NOT YOUR ENEMY.

Kim

These two are so ugly, they look like twin brother and sister.

Maximus

Please, TMZ, no mas!

Jeff

What amazes me about the fatard is that, somehow, he thinks he has got it going on. He is oblivious to the fact people despise his lack of ambition in working, exercising and educating himself. Never mind being a bad parent. The best he can do for that child is stay away. Spend 1/2 as much time exercising as you do trimming around that triple chin and you'd be in much better shape. I would watch him on TV......if he was bludgeoning himself to death.

Raejean

You know, I don't have any specific prejudices about large people, but these two are just so unattractive on so many OTHER levels that I am less than kind once I get to the appearance...

Christine

Dear TMZ,
Upon watching your show on Thursday February 10, 2011, I am from Indiana and take offense that just because MTV puts trash on TV doesn’t mean that there are not great people who come from Indiana to make us proud. Here is a list of some well known people who I think did the state some justice:
Anne Baxter, David Letterman, Carole Lombard, Shelley Long, Larry Bird, Steve McQueen, John Mellencamp, Jim Davis, James Dean, Colonel Sanders, Vivica A. Fox, Michael Jackson, Wilbur Wright, and Greg Kinnear.
Christine

Brittany

I don't understand why they are still getting paid even though Amber pulled this ****. Yeah, let's reward her for beating up the father of her child in front of her daughter. This is what's wrong with the world.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2