'Deadliest Catch' Star Honored -- One Year After Death

2/9/2011 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's been one year since "Deadliest Catch" star Captain Phil Harris passed away -- and TMZ has learned his sons will honor his memory in the place they felt closest to him ... on a fishing boat.

0209-capt_phil_EX_Getty

We're told Jake and Josh Harris are currently on board the boat their dad made famous -- the F/V Cornelia Marie because they feel their dad would have wanted them to treat the day like any other day ... and continue to run the family business.

Sources close to the family tells us the boys just wrapped up a successful season of Opilio crabbing and are now headed to Kodiak, AK for cleaning and repairs.

As we previously reported, both Jake and Josh have expressed interest in following in Phil's footsteps ... and captain their own boats one day.

0209_remembering_phil_harris_footer

wil

REALLY? WHO GIVES A ****! TMZ WILL REPORT ON ANYTHING!

jmix

Chain smoking is never smart! Speaker John Bohner next??

L

The first two commentators should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mark Proctor

Captain Phil... You are missed. Rest easy.

Nostradamus

Someone at TMZ really likes this show, too bad the majority of the rest of us could care less.

bobby smith

SOME GUY WHO PUT A NET IN THE WATER AND KILLED FISH...

Ya, let's honour that guy... Only the immediate family would care.. no one else does.

Scout

God Bless you Captain Phil. You were one helluva man. J&J, I wish you the best. Time is the only thing that will heal your loss. God Bless!

L

TMZ, when will you make flagging inappropriate comments an option?

L

Much love to Capt. Phil Harris, family and friends.

Nostradamus

TMZ, when will you make flagging inappropriate comments an option?

Posted at 11:57 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by L

Maybe when they stop glamorizing foul mouthed commercial fisherman who don't take care of themselves or the ocean they rape.

liar

I still miss him- I guess I always will.RIP my friend.

me

God bless them both. I hope they are successful with their show as well as their sobriety. Phil would be proud!

Lake

of course they'll follow in his footsteps, dying ugly hacking vile premature deaths brought on by smoking, excess weight, sedentary living, and stress. YUCK! I so agree with the sixth commenter, LOL< who cares???? I guess he became one of the "stars" of a hit television show, but I don't eat crab and always thought the whole exercise was cruel and hideous. Who gives a rip (or who gives a RIP). They're all low lifes.

Flower

You call North Sea fishing a "sedentary" life? You're an idiot. You got the stressful part right, but not from intelligence..that was only luck on your part.

John

You get honored for smoking yourself to an early death? Pleeease!

Keep smoking boys. You'll be next.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments