Man Dies After Freak Accident on Set of 'NCIS'

2/9/2011 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A person working on the show "NCIS" died today after a man driving a passenger van for the production lost control and smashed into the set this morning ... TMZ has learned.

NCIS Accident Death

Law enforcement sources confirm ... the 60-year-old driver had some kind of medical emergency behind the wheel and veered on to the L.A. area set -- striking a 52-year-old male security guard.

We're told the security guard was transported to a nearby hospital in critical condition -- but died from his injuries a short time later.

The accident is still under investigation.

0209_cbs_ncis_crash
UPDATE: CBS has released a statement saying the studio is "cooperating with the local authorities in Santa Clarita to help determine what caused this terrible accident."

CBS notes production on the show has been suspended until further notice.

NCIS producers, cast and crew also released a joint statement saying, "With profound sympathy we mourn the tragic passing of our co-worker and friend."

They add, "NCIS is a family.  And, as with any family, we are deeply saddened by this unexpected loss.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones."

Ken Bowen

It's amazing that people can be ignorant and actually post rude and inappropriate comments about the loss of human life. Have they no shame? I'm sure the loss is terrible for the entire family, show or otherwise!

Margaret

Deepest and most profound condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in Peace.

Nostradamus

Reminder to all who frequent this site and others of the same nature:
THIS IS A F***ING CELEBRITY GOSSIP WEBSITE, NOT A CHURCH MESSAGE BOARD.
If you want warm & fuzzy politically correct comments, YOU CAME TO THE WRONG PLACE. Get off your high horses and go volunteer somewhere if you want to make the world a better place.

Mrs. Mathers

so so sad. condolences to the family, including the NCIS crew

m hagopian

this is what happens with a scab studio there are quite a few people that work outthere. thats why they are out there in nowhere land and not in hollywood. call o.s.h.a. look up the IATSE contract. was the driver a 399 teamster driver? above the line people dont care about below the line people. people are afraid to report unsafe work environment. they will black-balled in the industry.

sandrakyte

my prayers go out to the guards family, and also to ncis, you become a family when you work so close day after day. God Bless you all

GhostRider13

I'm so sorry. What a sad day for all. RIP. To be so loved, you were truly a good person.

Ginger

So sad. My sympathies to the friends and family. I'm sure he will be missed.

Hummingbird

To all the family and friends of the security guard: my thoughts and prayers to you for your loss.

To those of you making jokes at the expense of someones' loss, I can only feel shame for you.
I hope you never have to read the same sick jokes about someone you love.

Rebecca

I am an NCIS fan and a TMZ fan. I understand that the loss of any individual is difficult to handle but we all have to remember there is this thing called the first ammendment and everyone has an opinion. Please just remember that if this was a friend or loved one of yours this is a very difficult time and if it did not concern you our your business please keep your comments to yourself. You are all in my prayers.

Robin

This is a tragedy! So sad, my condolences and prayers to the families and the NCIS cast and crew.

nichelle

i watch the show all the time with the planet in attendance as long as one of the regulars didnt die yet....memo apendix wake up ....what they holding production for who dead dead ..live by sword die so......

me

NCIS is a full teamster show. Things happpen. Condolences to the family and prayers to all. Local 399 teamsters drive on this show.

JGodley

Condolences to the family of the Security Guard killed on the set of NCIS, as well as the cast & crew. Having been on set with the group I know it is a family and they care about each other. These people work very long hours together for days on end and develop a tight knit "family". Our prayers are with you all.

eli

I Guess NCSI , Had Some Real NCSI Work To Do! They Should oF Filmed that, Would Make One Heck Of A Reality Show

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments