Lohan's Coat Victim: I Won't Help in Necklace Case

2/9/2011 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who sued Lindsay Lohan for allegedly stealing her $12,000 mink coat back in 2008 claims she's "not interested" in helping officials put Lindsay behind bars ... despite the fact that the D.A. wants to bring up the incident.

0130_lindsay_lohan_getty
TMZ spoke to a rep for Masha Markova ... who tells us the two settled their case with "no admission of guilt" ... after Lindsay walked out of a NYC nightclub wearing the coat without permission.

And while Masha admits Lindsay has demonstrated a "strikingly similar pattern" of taking other people's property since the mink coat situation ... Masha says she wants nothing to do with the new case.

TMZ broke the story -- Masha's lawsuit against LiLo was a factor in filing grand theft charges against Lindsay -- because it shows an M.O. when Lindsay goes "shopping."

Rose5491

@kat
It wasn't a criminal case and Blair Berk is awesome.
She settled it perfectly.

Posted at 8:52 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Nicole
--------------

so you admit that she stole the coat???

Hecate

I know they don't allow wigs in jail....they should deflate those ugly Goodyear tire trout pout lips before they put her in jail, she could be hiding anything in them, weapons, strap on, submachine gun, mink coat, Maserati, cocaine, etc.

Enough

the D.A woulcn' need Masha's testimony, anyway. Her statements and the case are already on file and recorded with the court system.

Pimpcessa

BUT..if you're "BLONDE", WHITE, & PRIVILEGED ...
ANYTHING GOES....
Posted at 8:59 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Kevin
---------------------------------------------

STFU Kevin, this isn't about YOU! And that race card shiz has nothing to do with anything at all.

Tammy

Why would she NOT want to help prosecute a criminal?! You know, if these hollywood idiots don't want to help protect their assets, maybe the DA should let it be known that Lindsay will NEVER be prosecuted for things she steals and give her free reign on their valuables. LiLo can then have a shopping spree in Beverly Hills. Idiot!!!

Wiley

Lindsay's candle went out long ago. She's living hand to mouth now and borrowing and stealing is the only way she can get the stuff she needs to keep looking successful. Game over!

dreamon

I'm sure there are significant do***ents in the $400,000. Dior/Elle case as well prepared by their corporate security and insurance company. They would avoid bad publicity as well.

Lucky_130

Lori- The Bad Seed is a good one! Its to bad youre right though.

anyjoe

I understand that it is not her choice to testify if she is subpoenaed by the court, however If I remember correctly she is not an American citizen nor does she live in the US so I think then maybe it is her choice.

Lindsay's Coke Dealer

And of course it's no wonder Orange Oprah got that award for " Mother Of The Year" last yer from that Long Island parenting group.

I can imagine what her acceptance speech went like this

"I can't believe I won this! I am so glad that the mother who I was in the running with for this award didn't win" .I think this goes to show what a solid parent I am even though I was up against someone who abandonded her two children at Wal-Mart"

Celeb Gossip Addict

It sounds like Linds paid dearly for the coat if she had to buy silence. Too bad all of her favorite pasttimes are illegal.

go home!

Is this "Masha" the Masha that is Nicole Richie's best friend? Seems like it would be hard to find two people with that ridiculous name. Through an R in it lady!

Rico

DiNICOLEa is as crazy as Lezby, guess its genetic.

flora68

I agree with #2 and others who pointed out that Markova will probably be subpoenaed if she doesn't agree to help the prosecution, so why rattle the LOWhan's cages by testifying without being forced to? I wouldn't want to antagonize the Hollywood Hillbilly Lowhan bunch unnecessarily either. Once subpoenaed, she'll have to testify and would risk perjury by lying under oath, so I think she's being very wise. I'm guessing she has better legal advice than LieLow.(Not crazy about her taste in outerwear, though...)

Tammy

WOW.....

it is AMAZING how White people can do Things and WALK-AWAY SCOTT FREE...

If this had been a Black girl, she'd be in JAIL- NO BAIL - NO EXCEPTIONS....

BUT..if you're "BLONDE", WHITE, & PRIVILEGED ...
ANYTHING GOES....

Posted at 8:59 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Kevin

then why wasnt halle hit n run 2 x prosecuted?

Posted at 9:01 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Karmic-Vengeance

Halle thinks she's blonde, white and privilige, execpt when she needs to be black to to try and steal a child from her father.