Lohan's Coat Victim: I Won't Help in Necklace Case

2/9/2011 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who sued Lindsay Lohan for allegedly stealing her $12,000 mink coat back in 2008 claims she's "not interested" in helping officials put Lindsay behind bars ... despite the fact that the D.A. wants to bring up the incident.

0130_lindsay_lohan_getty
TMZ spoke to a rep for Masha Markova ... who tells us the two settled their case with "no admission of guilt" ... after Lindsay walked out of a NYC nightclub wearing the coat without permission.

And while Masha admits Lindsay has demonstrated a "strikingly similar pattern" of taking other people's property since the mink coat situation ... Masha says she wants nothing to do with the new case.

TMZ broke the story -- Masha's lawsuit against LiLo was a factor in filing grand theft charges against Lindsay -- because it shows an M.O. when Lindsay goes "shopping."

EvanCA

Marsha is a smart woman, going on record as not harboring hubris or malice toward Lindsay. As a result, with Meyers subpoenas Ms. Lohan, then Markova will be compelled under oath and penalty of pergery to expose Lindsay's thieving ways to the jury. Not good for someone who bills herself as an upstanding citizen with moral integrity who innocently borrowed the jewelry after getting permission from the store. What will her attorneys think of next, i.e. that Marsha Markova said to Lindsay in the NYC nightclub, "I'm such a fan of yours! Why not just borrow my mink stole, I trust you!!" I can hear Meyers groan "yea, right."

Jordan

@ Jordon 80

That seems reasonable put like that. I still don't think they can get Masha Markova to testify for the reasons given by #79 because I think she lives in England.

Posted at 9:47 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by anyjoe

Danette Myers does not need Markova in court to testify. She filed a lawsuit in court and her complaint is now public record myers can introduce that complain plus the settlement.

Brandon

IS THEIR A WAY TO BAN LINDSAY LOHAN & FAMILY FROM CALIFORNA SO WE CAN STOP WASTING OUR TAXPAYERS DOLLARS ON THESE IDIOTS?

sam

$49,000 Worth Of Jewels
From another magazine shoot. Apparently this magazine did get her credit card number – only to find it cancelled when they tried to charge her for the jewels she borrowed. Heist complete!

jbeans

I'm sure she was paid off to keep her mouth shut and that's why she doesn't want to help. Where does hohan's people get all this money for payoffs? I hope and pray that justice is FINALLY done! How many chances does one get? I know I would get just ONE!!

anyjoe

@ Jordan 88

Understood, just pointing it out to those who say she has no choice and will be subpoenaed

sam

$10,000 of Lauren Hasting’s Clothes
Apparently, Lauren just swung by a “friend’s” house and took $10,000 worth of her clothes. 5 seperate witnesses saw Lindsay take things out of Lauren’s closet and hand them to her body guard. Lindsay says “it’s not what it seems!”

dreamon

when was that sam?

thomas

They probably settled via Linds paying hush money.

C

The DA doesn't need that chick who sold herself to Lohan in a backroom deal. The video is stronng irrefutable evidence.

Lindsay's Coke Dealer

It'd too bad she will make bail, mind you my lil snow blower will be partying it up for the next while. I sure hope the D.A. asks for the SCRAM braclet for Lindsay.

Pimpcessa

Will we only get to see her walk in and out of the courtroom or do we get to see inside like before?

Karmic-Vengeance

i know one thing for sure..the superman producers better seriously rethink handing her the role.after all that has happened it will surely be a failure beyond the fact most will not accept anyone as superman but reeves already.

Sammie

Yup...just another payoff.

Jay

I dont blame her for not wanting to get wrapped up in this drugies problem its a freakin circus!