Lindsay: I Sent Flowers to Jeweler To Be Nice

2/9/2011 9:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has cracked a horticultural mystery -- Lindsay Lohan is the one who sent flowers to the jeweler who has accused her of stealing the $2,500 necklace.

Lindsay Lohan

If you watched Lindsay's arraignment on TMZ Live, prosecutor Danette Meyers told Judge Keith Schwartz ... she wanted an order prohibiting Lindsay from having any contact with Kamofie & Company, because the store owners were freaked out after receiving flowers ... presumably from someone in Lindsay's camp.

Well we found out ... Lindsay sent the flowers herself.  Lindsay told friends, she sent the arrangement "to be nice" -- and to say sorry the necklace was returned late.

It's all around a bad idea for criminal defendants to contact alleged victims, so Judge Schwartz told Lindsay she can't have any contact with the jeweler.

She loves jewelers ... she loves them not.

Lori

Oh My GOD..she is such a DOPE (literally)

Bet MOMMA HOHAN told her "Yes honey send the person you RIPPED OFF flowers! great idea!"

Instead of flowers? How about she just RETURN the necklace like they asked? hmmm, I guess that makes too much sense.

TIGERSTYLE

That Lindsay really is...a "mean girl"

Jayden

I am in no way condoning theft in any fashion, but I think I would think twice before pressing charges against anyone in such a high profile case if my security was that lacking. Either they have the worst security of any store in history or someone has dropped the ball or has not been totally honest about this situation involving the necklace. I live in a low crime area, almost non-existant, and with high property values but the stores here still have security measures to pass before getting anything of substantial value out of the store. I went to buy a usb plug for my computer for 129.00 and had to go through 3 measures of security before I got it out of the store. First of all, it was locked up and had to be retrieved by the manager of electronics with a key, two. I had to pay for the item at a certain register, and 3. I was checked as I went out the door. I was also talking to a friend who works in a jewelry store and their jewelry high end pieces are this price and they have to account for every piece before anyone goes home after closing. Also, they only service one customer at a time so they give a thief no opportunity to be alone with the piece long enough to steal it and they have security footage which would show any incidences of wrongdoing. You cannot tell me that they just have 2500.00 necklaces sitting out with no security and not locked up behind a glass and that an employee left her alone with the piece long enough for her to walk out and did not immediately notice it. Something just doesnt sound right about this whole story. I have to wonder if she was dealing with a starstruck employee who may have loaned the necklace to Linds and doesnt want to take responsibility now. If she did indeed steal the necklace, it had to be an "inside job" and the store has to take some responsibility. I mean I am not condoning theft, but there is more to this story than meets the eye. I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but think about it. How many chances have you been allowed to walk out of a store with a item with a high of a ticket price as this? The opportunity is just not there and I feel that the store may be using this situation for publicity, but the only publicity this gives is to thieves who want an easy place to steal from. As much as everyone hates to admit, she is innocent until proven guilty, and only has to introduce reasonable doubt to the situation. If this does not cause reasonable doubt, I do not know what will?

Lori

Seriously...I am STUNNED...did she really think a bunch of cheap flowers were going to buy her way out of a FELONY theft arrest?

My God,,,she really does need professional help...maybe just a few cycles of electroshock therapy? Might make her feel like a brand new person (or a drooler) but really...what's the difference?

AND WHERE IS HER GREAT DEFENDER NICOLE? YOOHOO NIIIICCCCOOOOLLLEEEE...WHERE ARRRREEE YOOOOOOOOU?

Nostradamus

I'm still laughing @ #3
"she probably stole them off a grave"
ha!

Lori

Contact the lying jewelry store owners and tell them how you feel: http://www.kamofie.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

They are full of it.

Posted at 4:22 PM on Feb 9, 2011 by marmot
=================================================

UHM...YEAH...FYI?...YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Lori

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines "marmot" as... "any of a genus of stout short-legged burrowing North American rodents". Guess they forgot to add "stupid"!

Posted at 4:50 PM on Feb 9, 2011 by river rat
===============================================

OH...TOO FUNNY...EXCELLENT POST!

mat

Sorta like offering the person you assaulted some deal that would net the out of work Betty Ford worker $10,000 if she refused to cooperate with the investigation? Wonder if the flowers fell apart as fast as that deal did.

Jade evergreen

@t poster MissClarity 181 no
Lindsay just trying to save her ass and she has no class

Tightroper

Tell the judge that you intended to take the necklace to an appraiser to be sure the pearls weren't fake before purchasing for your ma.

frag

Too little, too late, now don't hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen

I have seen some pretty good evidence that Lindsey is most likely a kleptomaniac.

Kleptomaniacs are usually also hoarders.

Lindsey was a guest on clean house. You can see the video on the insider which shows Lindsey's messy house crammed full of stuff that she cant seem to part with.

TexasBlonde

Did she send them black dahlias or black roses?

That would freak me out, lol.

snodgrass

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..it's a Lohan!

I am really surprised she has any people defending her at all. She has been caught STEALING for a very long time and many, many things from coats to clothes to jewelry, even from friends who let her stay at their homes!

We only know what we get to read about, how many times do we not know about?

INNOCENT people DO NOT CRY OUT FOR A PLEA BARGAIN!!

The jeweler knew the possibility of bad publicity though he obviously felt ripped off by this quacker and DID THE RIGHT THING by calling the police.

Does Walmart come to your house or call you for shoplifting if you lift a shirt or something?? Get real.

David

Ms. Lohan sure has some hairy arms and no breasts in the pic.....