Miley Cyrus

Salvia Was a 'Bad Decision'

2/9/2011 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus says she made a HUGE mistake by inhaling a fat bongload of salvia at a party back in November -- and relents, "I'm disappointed in myself for disappointing my fans."

0209_miley_cyrus_breaking
Two months after TMZ first posted the video -- Miley has told Marie Claire, "I'm not perfect ... I made a mistake."

When asked if she was judged unfairly compared to other kids her age -- the actress said, "But they're not Miley Cyrus ... They're not role models. So for me it was a bad decision, because of my fans and because of what I stand for."

Maximus

Aw, come on, Miley. Don't be such a *****! Grow a pair!

pissybich

One wonders how many other "mistakes" she made prior to this one, a la Charlie Sheen? As for the pic for Marie Claire, she's showing a little too much "side boob," particularly for a kid! Maybe if her mom & dad hadn't used her as their own personal ATM through the years she would've turned out a little different.

kirk

SALVIA?? Ok , its your story, tell it how you want to. I suppose you drink non alcaholic beer and smoke candy cigs to. She looks like that kid from deliverance that played the banjo. He was probably a little brighter.

normanx

THAT IS NOT SALVIA! Anyone who has done Salvia would know that she is not on Salvia.. Salvia takes you way out there... you are not able to chit chat and what not for five to ten minutes. Ridiculous. She's just smoking pot. Big deal. The worst part of it is that kids will watch her taking 'salvia'.. see that she is laughing and having a good time, and then take it themselves.. which is not a good idea.. particularly if you are looking for a jolly, sociable high. How dare she lie about the drug she was smoking... just so that it didn't appear she was doing anything technically illegal (which probably would void some of her endorsement contracts).. but she is not smoking Salvia. Very bad.

CriticAl

What you "stand for" now is smoking drugs with losers. You threw your good girl image away and you can't get it back.

Lamchops

She looks beautiful in those photos

Somebody

Why do you all on TMZ post stories and blast stars for something even some of TMZ staff members have admitted to doing (smoking a bong)? I love you TMZ but...really? sigh...hipicrits.

Dee

This child is another Lindsey Lohan. Really sad because it's only a matter of time before she is in court and rehab with a failed career. Where are her parents? Oh yeah, busy with their own foolishness

josh

not all your fans r mad at u its legal and only last for 5 mins who cares celeberties are aloud to have fun to

jack

Your no longer a role model. Smoking bongs, cigarettes and dating "men" in your early teens is not the sort of behaviour I want my children taking part in.

toto

That's so ignorant that she actually thinks people believe that was her one and only time hittin a bong. She inhaled like a pro in that vid and never even coughed. She's prob no stranger to other substances either.

Katy

I think someone has a movie coming out!

THOMAS

That was weed. She's harming the public youth by denying the casual marijuana hit. Her spin of Salvia is giving our youth the impression that Salvia is ok. Just truth it; I smoked a little marijuana. No one had heard much about Salvia until her PR people spun on the picture.

Georges

we already knew she was a loser

Marty

I don't think Miley Cyrus is capable of putting all those words together to make that sentence. As far as her saying she is a roll model.....Sorry S.K.A.N.K. you get my vote for being the worst role model ever! You can take the girl out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park trash out of the girl!

The "statement" was obviously written by a publicist.