Lindsay Lohan Wants Plea Deal

2/10/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan insists she's innocent but still desperately wants to plea bargain her felony grand theft case because she's terrified of being locked up ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

Lindsay Lohan Court

Judge Keith Schwartz set a court hearing for February 23, so the lawyers can talk plea bargain.  We've learned Lindsay is willing to plead guilty to make the case go away, provided she doesn't get any jail or prison time.

Sources say the prosecutor wants jail time so there's an impasse.

But there's another way Lindsay can make this case go away.  When there is only one charge on the table -- as there is here -- the defendant can essentially cut a deal with the judge, cutting the D.A. out of the picture.  If Shawn Chapman Holley offers to plead guilty to felony grand theft, with the judge's assurance he won't put her behind bars, the case could go away.

And, it's common in cases like this for the judge to reduce the offense to a misdemeanor if Lindsay stays out of trouble for 12 months.

Chaps

I think what would be proper, so the justice system is completely humiliated, is for her to walk up to the judge and get her obligatory wrist slap.

Maybe she should get a new tatt on her wrist, "Put it here Baby"

Li-Lo-Ho is making fools out of the LE agencies in SoCal.

Her and that never ending doper / hooker lover Charlie Sheen.

Docster

This is BS!!! If the average person were to walk out of a store with a $2500.00 necklace around their neck where the hell do you think we would be!! Behind bars!! $$$$$ buys these pompous asses no jail time. Great lesson being taught to our kids by our judicial system!! BS!!!!

Becky

I don't understand why you say you hate her so much but still read the article and comment?? I guess you're jealous of her.

Noname

You'd think someone who is "terrified of being locked up" would avoid getting into trouble all the time.

pink glitter

she looked totally high yesterday..i wonder what drugs she is "allowed" to test positive for... synthetic meth maybe?

Ewww No one is "jealous" of lindsay lol....give me a break.

pink glitter

Lindsay will FOREVER be thought of as a thief, whether she gets away this time or not...that alone is gonna suck for her!!!

Juniper

Geez, I wonder what would happen if one of us mere mortals would do something like this?

beachgal

She wants a plea deal because her friends won't lie for her.

Manimal

And if you EVER do this again...NOTHING...that's right NOTHING is going to happen...DO YOU HEAR ME! what a joke

tgrfan42069

Posted at 5:00 AM on Feb 10, 2011 by Becky
------------yes i m jealous that i dont have a wrap sheet a mile long

marknyc

52 Juniper

excellent point. It really is. This is how I see it: for us we're innocent until we're proven guilty: for Lindsay she's guilty by default. I'll tell you more: you know that a tan store is already claiming that she must pay $40K (for tans?). They are coming out fast to collect money and publicity. Now it's sooo easy ... isn't it?
Celebrities get paid to wear stuff: everybody knows that they do. This case is about publicity or jealousy or publicity and jealousy because whatever Lindsay does it's wrong (by default).

Julie

Stay out of trouble for 12 months? I hope she takes that deal because I think we all know how that will work out.

german sevorin

I don't know whether she stole the necklace or not. There's evidence that goes both ways.

But her problem could be that she really is innocent of the theft charge -- which must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt -- but is fearful of the probation violation -- which may be established by a lower standard of proof.

So any deal that goes down must include a condition that her probation would be re-instated.

Manimal

Well anyway I think I'll go do some jewelry shoplifting...I mean SHOPPING in California...looks like I can get 100% off on everthing!

ryan

this is what gets her publicity. this IS her career. her life mainly consists of appointments with the court and lawyers to face all the **** ups with the law, of course she would go and wear a short designer dress like that for another court date. just look at the way the enters the court building....this is nothing but another day in the life of miss lohan. and she surely enjoys it.