Aerosmith 'Crazy' Model -- Arrested on Rape Charge

2/12/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dean Kelly -- the ripped ex-model who skinny dips with Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's 1994 music video for "Crazy" -- was arrested on Monday on suspicion of rape ... TMZ has learned.

Dean Kelly Arrested

Law enforcement sources tell us, 39-year-old Kelly allegedly lured an unidentified woman into his New Orleans home last November ... where he got her drunk, and then raped her.

0211_crazy_video

The incident wasn't reported until last Friday, which explains the belated arrest. Kelly was released on $35,000 bail.

The Tulane University Police Dept. had been looking for Dean Kelly, aka Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt's character in "Fight Club"), who allegedly had been trying to get girls on campus to pose for nude photos. The Tulane P.D. helped capture Kelly and now authorities in the rape case want info from the Tulane students.

NotNews

What a JOKE! This guy is NOT a celebrity. So if a guy who was in a commercial back in '89 gets a DUI is that TMZ news too?
Hope he gets time in prison, isn't a college student half his age. Gross!

longoverdue

tom

I cannot believe that no one has beaten the crap out of this piece of trash. I'm not a woman. I know this guy from LA. He stole my computer and raped a girl that was 17 years old. She was with LA models at the time. He deserves to go to prison for the rest of his life. He better hope he never runs into me that's for sure. This guy will eventually kill a young girl. I hope he gets turned out by his prison cell mate. He is Ted Bundy reincarnated.

julie

This looks like a witch hunt. It seems a little pathetic that the detectives need to beg people to come forward because their case is so weak. The truth will come out in the end.

tom

I KNOW THIS PIECE OF TRASH AND I'M WONDERING HOW NO ONE HAS BEATEN THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. IT'S TRULY AMAZING HOW HE HAS GONE UNSCATHED. HE STOLE A COMPUTER OF MINE ONCE AND I WAS LOOKING FOR HIM. HE DISAPPEARED. I HOPE THIS GUY GETS LIFE IN PRISON AND THEN GETS TURNED OUT BY HIS CELL MATE. HE DESERVES THE WORST THAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER....

Exactly

Oh, "Julie", you don't have to wait for the truth to "come out in the end". It's coming out daily. It is anything but a witch hunt which just shows how unintelligent you are. People are being ASKED to come forward with their information, not BEGGED. Believe me, if there is a listening ear, if there is any justice, if there is hope that this piece of human garbage can be prosecuted for his crimes (yes, I said crimes, Julie, because that is what rape is--a crime) then victims will most certainly quickly come forward. You my dear, are clueless.

ME

Most women are afraid to report a rape....

Adriana

There has been a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Put-DeanKelly-Away/204483759567473 and blog http://putdeankellyinjail.blogspot.com/2011/02/share-your-stories-and-thoughts.html created as a petition to keep him behind bars, support those who are coming forward, and for other victims to share their stories. Please "like" the page or share your stories if you have been in contact with him.

friendlyreminder

@ LISA, OLD FRIEND AND EXACTLY...
I am not here to defend anyone, certainly not a rapist. The one thing that we must all remember is that at this point Dean is an alleged rapist. Just because hundreds of girls say he is an ******* on the internet, does not make him a convicted rapist. Until the jury decides, we will not know his fate. And yes I dated Dean 20 years ago, right when he got booked for the video. So yes I have been checked for everything twice a year since then, and don't you worry sweetie, I am all good. I also never would have unprotected sex, not until I was married. I just know that the Dean I knew for years did not have the capacity, or the physical ability to force himself on anyone. He is simply a wimp. He never got the crap beaten out of him, because no real man would even waste his time. I could have beaten Dean up. Maybe over the years he has become more aggressive, I really don't know. And yes I know that he has a fondness for women in their early 20's. I always just thought that was because he knew he couldn't hold a convo with anyone his own age. My whole point to my initial comment was that. I am sure many young girls are out there all over the country that have been manipulated and taken advantage of by Dean. Many girls will like to add their two cents, and that is fine, but remember that there is always consequence. If Dean has one of his many cell phones (which I am sure he keeps) with text messages or emails from a girl being flirty sending sexy pictures, playing that game, and that girl stands up in court to say she has been raped, I promise you that Dean will have whatever he needs to prove he did not. You see my point. Its just not a matter of saying, YEAH HE DID THAT TO ME (cause your angry), IF he did then you most certainly should contact Dect Merrick. And if all you men out there do not see my point, that women can get angry, catty and vindictive, then I am sorry. And for all you females out there, just imagine if some girl pressed false charges on your brother, boyfriend, father... ALL I WANT TO REALLY SAY IS MAKE SURE YOU ARE SPEAKING THE WHOLE TRUTH WHEN YOU CALL THE POLICE TO SAY DEAN KELLY RAPED YOU....

Exactly

"Friendlyreminder": I doubt these girls are still in grade school. As far as I understand Dean has not hooked up with girls quite that young--yet. A waste of alot of space for information I'm certain the detective has made clear to those who lodge complaints. Ridiculous.

tom

Friendly Reminder and Exactly- I knew Dean too and he used to hang with a wealth Asian kid named Wayne up at a 7 acre estate a few guys lived at. I was there in my office when a young 17 year old girl who was staying at the LA Models apartment on La Cienega came running in crying saying Dean raped her. She HID AT MY HOUSE WITH ME AND MY TWO FEMALE ROOMATES. DEAN WAS THREATENING HER IF SHE SAID ANYTHING. I WAS NOT HIS FRIEND BUT HE LURKED UP AT THE SAME HOUSE OUR COMPANY WORKED OUT OF. BY THE WAY THIS HOUSE WAS ALSO WHERE PARIS HILTON HUNG OUT AFTER LAS PALMAS.... Not sure how much more detailed I can get. Dean Kelly was sick then and is sick now. I quite Energy Entertainemnt because this was going in the other part of the house. i could not deal with Dean or the other sum bag Wayne Kao......

NONAMESPLEASE

Dean Kelly was arrested for the 2nd time in a week on Valentine's Day. He bailed out of jail and was released on Feb. 17th, more girls have come forward saying he raped them or stalked them. A friend of mine called the NO police department and spoke with the detective, he told her that quite a few girls have come forward. Dean has been raping pretty young girls for decades. DON"T BE AFRAID - COME FORWARD. Let's keep Dean off the streets in New Orleans, LA, Miami, Dallas and New York where he has most actively attacked and stalked girls.

Anonymous55

to "friendlyreminder" did you really just say:
"Just because hundreds of girls say he is an ******* on the internet, does not make him a convicted rapist."???

Dean has scared these girls, myself included, to the point where I was too afraid to come forward. I was also 16 at the time and was not aware of the severity that is Dean Kelly. I thought it was somehow my fault and i didn't think there were others he had done this to. I DEFINATELY didn't think he was such a sociopath raping and blackmailing other women! I have siblings, brothers, uncles, cousins and i would NEVER try to tarnish anyone's reputation much less lie about someone raping me. I have much better things to do with my time as i am sure the other victims can say the same.

I also knew i would have to go through all of these insults, and people questioning my judgment, and character. I wish i had come forward sooner, maybe it could have prevented all these other rapes in the past few years. I will not be afraid anymore, I know what Dean has done to me, and to so many others.

Do you have blond hair by any chance? Because he definately has a collage of one of his first girlfriends behind his clothes in his closet. I noticed it one day and he came up behind me, threw me to the ground and locked the door back with a pad lock. And now it's being reported that vans, trucks, and cars are coming and leaving the residence in New Orleans where he stays -- probably lots of evidence being destroyed while the detectives are busy trying to keep him in jail as long as possible.

Everyone just freaking STOP. Dean Kelly is a HORRIBLE MAN and all the accusations found on the internet about him are TRUE. The only reasons it took girls so long, myself included, in because we KNOW how hard it will be not only for us but our families as well. We also know how much money his family has and how they will bail him out of anything. Even with the 5-10 of us now it is still going to be hard as hell to go through and prove his guilt after I'm sure his lawyers will run the victims character to the ground.

However, i will do this anyway, because it's the right thing to do and you know what? If i were you i would pray that the victims win this case because if not -- his next victim could be your own daughter or little sister.

P.S. I am NOT an ignorant little sorority girl he didn't call back. I had no interest in dating Dean, i was simply very young and naive and fell for one of his tactics then he took advantage of the situation. I am a strong educated woman who was scared stiff until now. If nothing else...if there is no justice in this world... Dean will have to answer to God. Who I'm pretty sure does not like liars, stealers, or rapists.

scared

This guy is a monster. A total monster. It's an injustice to society that he has been bailed out YET AGAIN. When I think about him my flesh literally crawls. Any one who posits any sort of defense for him is delusional at best and a rape-apologist and sociopath at worst. So terrifying. He is a menace and a predator.

another victim

hey idiots, all of these 'people' playing devils advocate or defending dean is probably dean. hes known for taking on other personas and going on sites dedicated to awareness of him and pretending to be 'an old friend' or 'a success story' or worse and more recently, another victim, after he posted bail the first time he texted girls pretending to be a fellow victim and tried to get them to meet him somewhere to 'take dean kelly down together' thats scary. most girsl caught on, the others recieved vicious threats. he is dangerous.
also, how dare anyone speak badly about the brave girls who have gathered the strength to finally deal with and report the ccrimes commited against them. shame on you people.