Rihanna

Wants Closer Contact

with Chris Brown

2/11/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna wants Chris Brown to be able to get close to her again without risking getting thrown in jail -- a major shift in their relationship two years after Brown's conviction for beating her.

0211_rihanna_chris_BN_TMZ_012
E! first reported Rihanna was interested in changing the restraining order. Her attorney, Donald Etra, tells TMZ, "Rihanna does not object" to reducing the order to a "do not annoy" -- meaning the exes could have contact as long as Chris doesn't harass or molest Rihanna.

Chris initially asked for the reduction ... but the court needed to know how Rihanna felt before ruling.

The order has not been changed yet -- so there won't be a Grammy night reunion this weekend -- but Rihanna's change of heart hints there could be one in the near future.

So we gotta ask ...

0211_rihanna_chris_brown_footer

Lisa

OJ smacked Nicole Simpson around and then one night he snapped and just killed her. Violence usually esculates in a relationship if the woman stays in it and continues to allow her man to beat her. Ladies, please hear my words.

Just Sayin

I think they'll get back together! The domestic violence victim always gets back with the abuser!!!!!!!!!!

John

Rihanna, you're a fool if you go back to him. I'll have ZERO sympathy for you if you get wailed on again by this a-hole.

John

And how much do you want to bet that they've "secretly" seen each other and had a few good rounds of s-e-x? Rihanna, like I said, you'd be a fool to go back to this guy just because he's good in the cot.

Biff

All she's going to see are his nuckles when he's beating her ass like Ike Turner. Hey maybe she's freaky like that.

billy cema

Can she get any dumber?
Or, is she a major masochist?
Or, both?

smokey82

idk what Rihanna is thinking but i just hope she isn't trying to get close with him again, it really isn't worth it, and he needs a chick like me, he would of been the one looking crazy by putting his hands on me.... i would of made him look like he made her look and then my brother would have done worst. she should have learned from this and those of you blaming her are stupid BIIIITCHS!!!!!

romeo

why people love eminem when every knows who his is

caroline

They both just want to move on with their lives and careers. I think they are both so talented, especially Chris. Time to move on.

TheTruth

Maybe she just wants to move on with her life and not let Chris' mistake follow them for the rest of their lives. But thats just my opinion...

Sassy

Stupid, stupid, stupid, and ****ING STUPID!!!!!!! By the way, did I mention that Rihanna is stupid??????

Muppet

I don't think they're getting back together at all! I think she is just having the order changed so they can attend the same functions! So many bitter and jealous people jumping to conclusions! I think it would be better for both of them to let go of the hate and anger from their past situation! Who wants to be so angry and bitter all the time? They're obviously moving past it, so should everyone else!

E

1) There's nothing these two won't do -- separately or together -- for a little publicity. And, unfortunately, it's working. Speidi#2

2) Although the post says Brown asked for the reduction this time, TMZ had reported shortly after the whole restraining order was granted, that Rihanna had gone to court to try to quietly take it back

burning_plastic

oh wow, Zoe, I was with you about the reason the lawyers are allowing a change here, but why do you want to get racial about it? Ignorant.

friscoshawn

I think in the last two years they have both grown up and have forgiven each other. It takes two with what they went through. And we the people have to remember we are on the outside looking in. We don't know what part each of them played in the incident. I hope they can get back together and if any abuse start up end it. I think they have learned from their mistakes and should give it one for chance. They were younger and going through experiences makes you wiser. Good Luck!