Aretha Franklin Attends NBA Game

2/12/2011 9:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Aretha Franklin made her first public appearance in 2011, hitting up the MiamiHeat/Detroit Pistons game with Jesse Jackson in Detroit last night.

0212_aretha_franklin_getty
Franklin underwent surgery for an undisclosed ailment back in December.

dd

It was pancreatic cancer, you're looking marvelous darling.

Tellthetruth59

She's lost a lot of weight. Hope she's okay. A great talent. The best!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Wow she lost a lot of weight. I hope she fully recovers.

Ness

She looks totally jaundiced :(
Still love her to bits, though!

bobby smith

Jesse is probably asking her about how to turn this into a BLACK / WHITE race issue.

Connie

I never thought that Aretha had pancreatic cancer. I always had a feeling that she had gastric bypass surgery. After seeing this picture, it looks like I was right. I'm glad Aretha is feeling better and enjoying herself.

Connie

I never thought Aretha had pancreatic cancer. I always felt that she had gastic bypass surgery. After seeing this picture, it looks like I was right. Glad she is doing better.

Courtofficer

No talent. You all built this woman up as if she had talent and then even she started believing it and guess what? She got obnoxious just like the rest of them. No talent whatsoever.

queen love

***R E S P E C T*** Give it to her...she looks great and back in the day, she was "the voice". @10- You're just jealous.

Marybeth Snyder

They came out and said she didn't have pancreatic cancer a while ago. Either she is ill with something and thus the weight loss, or she went in for weight loss surgery. She's lost a dramatic amount of weight. Hopefully it's weight loss surgery. By the way "Courtofficer", you're clearly too young or too clueless to know about Aretha's talent.

pmo

having undergone the surgery myself, I believe she also had a breast reduction. breast tissue can not be reduced by diet, exercise, or gastric bypass surgery.

Canadasux

#1: I don't think you know anything about pancreatic cancer. Actually, both Franlin and J Jackson look yellow in that pic. So, maybe it's the pic. But, my dad had pancreatic cancer. His doctor gave him 18 months-to-two years to live. But, my dad was dead in seven months. It's a cancer that has a high mortality rate, because it's often not found until the fourth stage. That's where my dad started after his cancer was diagnosed.

anon.

Jesse you can run. but can't hide! LOL

keepinitrealincali

Posted at 2:46 PM on Feb 12, 2011 by Courtofficer
*************************************************************
Courtofficer, your're an efin' idiot! This woman's body of work over the last 45+ years speaks for itself. She isn't called the "Queen of Soul" because of her "no talent." You're obviously one of those people who don't even like soul music, so you're not even qualified to judge her talent as a singer. I would say show this icon some R-E-S-P-E-C-T (pardon the pun), but why bother with someone as myopic as you? However, I will say this -- you need to STFU!

Fin

Bariatric surgery for weight loss and definitly reductive mammoplasty.
She'll have a face lift and some other type of cosmetic surgery for the excess body skin wihtin a year.

just sayin'