Liz Taylor Hospitalized

2/12/2011 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor was hospitalized earlier this week after she was suffering symptoms from congestive heart failure, this according to a rep for the legendary actress.

0212_elizabeth_taylor_getty
Taylor is being treated at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The rep released a statement that read in part, "Her family and close friends are appreciative of the warm support and interest of her loyal fans but have asked that people respect her privacy and allow her medical team the time and space to focus on restoring her back to health."

Taylor is a two-time Oscar winner who is just as well-known for many marriages as she is for her career.

sassy

Liz Taylor has always been such a great actress and beautiful woman, I wish her well.

fastdriver

Liz-

Hang in there. I'm praying for you. I always remember the story my uncle told me about you coming into his pharmacy on the Post Rd. in Fairfield, CT and sitting at the soda fountain. He always spoke about you beautiful violet eyes. If Zsa Zsa can make a "comeback" so can you!

Sarah.nl

I love her! I really hope she's going to be okay. <3

jasmine

I am not one to glamorize one just because they are sick. Liz has always been a wonderful actress. Has a LOT of talent. But, on the flip side, her persoanl life left a lot to be desired. In my opinion, and correct me if I am wrong, . . . was she not a home wrecker? Did she care who she hurt to get what she wanted? Don't make her out to be some Goddess. She is just a human being!

bob

Whoa. Looks like she has stepped into the batter's box to follow Zsa Zsa in the death pool line up.

femonanon

I love Liz...but, what is that thing sticking up next to her head on the right side of the picture?

spelled cyndi with one eye

good god, just die already, will ya?!

Concerned MJ Fan

What is wrong with people? "Just die already?" Are you serious? Liz is a class act, and she is the last of the old-school Hollywood actresses...I hope she fights back from this and lives for 15 more years! You fight Liz, you've come through worse than this and landed on your feet! Much love and prayers going out your way!

Marthalyn

People: cruelty and rudeness are not good, ever, especially
when someone is ill. Someday you too will be older if you are blessed. Glad to see the encouraging remarks.
Liz, I am praying for you. Be glad to see you come right thru this
and healthy again. The Lord's blessings and grace to you, A fan of many years thru all your life.

camaguey

Why are these women so mean?! Why do they get so old and ugly and then have their pictures shown here to let the rest of us know what's ahead?! MEAN, MEAN, MEAN!!! Ugly, ugly, ugly! Old, old, old. UGLIES!

russ thacker

What is wrong with you people? Nasty comments for no reason at all. Get a life.

Michael Fitzpatrick

I would like to wish Ms Taylor all the best from England her birth country, and a hope she has a full recovery soon. For those of you who post nasty comments I say if you possessed 1% of Ms Taylors class, beauty and talent in her hey day then you could count yourself extremely lucky. Unfortunately it seems you only have a large dose of envy, bitterness and a total lack of normal human feeling. Pathetic.

Sugar Kitty

On the flip side, Debbie Reynolds is in excellent health and looking quite fabulous these days.

Margarida Maria

I admire very the artist Elizabeth Taylor.
I attended many films of it.
The eyes of the violet color of " LIZ ", continue very pretty.
Desire of the deep one of my heart, that Mrs. Elizabeth Taylor
improves its health, if she reestablishes.
I ask for God protects you always.
God bless you, Mrs. Elizabeth Taylor, " LIBERIAN GIRL ", perpetual " CLEOPATRA ".

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments