Barbra Streisand -- I Didn't Mean to Diss 'Glee'

2/13/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barbra Streisand says she misspoke when she said would never appear on "Glee" -- when the reality is she's really just too busy to do it.

0213_Barbara_Streisand_glee_getty_ex
Babs was honored Friday night at the Grammy's MusiCares event, during which she was asked if she would ever do "Glee" -- her answer was, "Not if I can help it." Ouch!

Streisand tells TMZ she didn't mean it the way it sounded, telling us, "When asked if I would ever appear on ‘Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it.'

She went on to clarify, "What I meant was that I’ve been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn’t take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn’t asked."

So you're saying there's a chance ...

ChrisM

Keiths Wife

OK, let me get this straight, she is the real mother of Charlie Sheen, right? I do not know her, just what I have read. Something about hating America and giving the crowd who paid big money for her tickets, the middle finger and telling them to F OFF when they boo'd her for her comments about America. So, is this the same woman who is Charlie's real mother?

Hisjules

test

CriticAl

You said what you meant, let it stand.

Pam C

Babs thinks too highly of herself

alex

Did it also seem to you all that Barbra was lip syncing her song at the Grammys tonight?
Just watch the very ending of her performance, she puts down and way away the mic and has stopped singing, even closing her mouth, yet you can still hear her voice... even she looked startled afterwards!!! I certainly hope it was an error in transmission, not another milli vanilli episode!!!!

Tom

Babs is great - a real talent. If she doesn't want to do Glee - who cares?
To all those tweens out there who think her "shelf life" was over 20 years ago - think again. Doubt many of todays questionable talent would think twice about working with her if asked!

comment18isKING

LOL I have disliked this woman for YEARS. It reached a fever pitch with her what seemed to be a 3 hour acceptance speech of the Cecil B DeMille Award.

BUT I f-ing LOVE her for saying this! I only wished she had not backtracked on it!!!! Who the hell cares if she likes Glee or wants to appear on it. It's not LAW that everybody must love Glee.
I love Musicals and the stage but I cannot stand that piece of crap show!! All those incessant brats whaling and whatever else it is, they do. YUCK.

WHY is Barbara even being asked about Glee???
THAT is the problem.

AGAIN Glee is not law.
How many viewers does it get each week?? 10 mil?? It's not even that big of a show?!?!!?

Why is it now musicians have to explain why they don't like it??????

AND AGAIN WHY are they even being asked?!?!?!

When Seinfeld was on.... or Friends or *fill in name of popular show* were celebrities chastised if they did not like it?? Was it a crime to say 'no I would not want to do that show'

NO it was not.

I'm not liking this notion that we all must like the same thing or hurry to apologize if we don't.

I don't like Babs.
I don't like Glee.
I LOVE that Babs does not like Glee and said it!!!
I HATE that she felt she had to backtrack!

T

She meant what she said. So why is she back tracking. How much power do all these Homos have anyway.

She is a big fan of Kings of Leon so probably needs to ride the fence on this one.....

FlamingoNut

17. AS IF Glee needs a washed up has been like Barbara Streisand!!! Heck Lea Michele blows Streisand out of the water!
Posted at 3:16 PM on Feb 13, 2011 by ChrisM

While I may not be a Streisand fan, nor a Glee fan, really, "Lea Michele blows Streisand out of the water!"?
I hope you share those drugs you're on...

Jill

She's too "busy" trying to be an interior decorator

vince

God bless Barbra for admitting she misspoke. It takes a sensitive person to admit they needed to clarify their response.And Barbra, your performance was like buttah-even though you admitted being nervous!

vince

Barbra is one of the few singers who does NOT lipsync you big dope! Get your eyes and ears checked!

hassa

#17 - Barbara Streisand alone has more has more talent than the entire cast of Glee - they can't hold a candle to her.

hassa

#27 - Barbara Streisand alone has more has more talent than the entire cast of Glee - they can't hold a candle to her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments