Dr. Murray Dodged Wrongful Death Lawsuit in 2007

2/16/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson wasn't the first patient to die while in Dr. Murray's care -- in fact, TMZ has learned MJ investigators spoke with the son of a former Murray patient who BLAMES the doc for killing his dad in a botched surgery.

0104_Conrad_Murray_getty_ex_2
Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007.

White told investigators Murray not only botched the surgery and ripped a hole in his dad's heart -- but he failed to recognize obvious, tell-tale signs that his patient was fatally wounded.

Gerard told investigators he and his family contacted a lawyer to go after Dr. Murray -- but they couldn't find an attorney who would take the case because there wasn't enough money to be made.

Gerard also said that after his father died, Murray did "exactly what he's doing in the Jackson case" ... because he never attempted to speak with his family members about the situation.

Murray's rep tell TMZ Gerard's story is "hearsay and totally unsubstantiated."

The rep adds, "Murray has medical insurance for lawsuits. If an attorney thought Gerard White had a case he surely could have been paid.  The fact that White couldn’t find a lawyer to take the case tells me White's claims most likely had no merit."

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

JLa

@duilama so you think that anyone that dies early or gets killed under a doctor it was Karma? You really need to get your information checked. Please also inform yourself before making comments like that. The evidence is here that there was nothing that showed he had hurt those children. Please look at FBI.gov.He was not a Pedo. He did not get off the case becasue he was a famouse person.
About this article: I do think there will be more stories slowly showing up that prove that Dr. Murray should not be practicing medicine. I think that with all the evidence we already have shows Murrays guilt(just about the cir***stances about this case alone). I think Murrays lawyers are looking for a quick escape and make up stories to make the jurors confused( seems like they like to use tabloid storys about Michael's behavior). No matter what each of us think here it going to be based on the men and women of the jury and the judge in the case. All I pray for is justice and for God to give strength to Michael's children and the rest of the Jackson family. Its going to be a difficult journey.

MiMi

Jackson Doc Was Under Investigation Before
7/8/2009 10:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray -- the doctor who was at Michael Jackson's home the day he died -- was once under investigation for an alleged botched surgery.

In 2007, Dr. Murray drained fluid from the heart of a 67-year-old Las Vegas patient. The patient died after surgery. According to the coroner's investigation report, his wife was told by one of the docs her husband's heart was punctured during the procedure -- so she complained to the coroner's office.

The investigation report confirms that, during Dr. Murray's surgery, the patient suffered a puncture to the right ventricle of his heart, which was eventually listed as one of four causes of death on the autopsy report.

We spoke to the family, who told us they wanted to file a malpractice suit but it was too expensive -- in part because pursuing that kind of legal action requires testimony from another medical expert, and that costs a lot of money.

Altogether, the suit proved to be too much trouble and the family stayed quiet ... until now.

TCYB

Mr. White obviously had no money to put up as a retainer for a lawsuit. Most, if not all, attorneys will not touch a case without substantial upfront fees. Murray is guilty of alot of things.

LC4Michael

Good morning Ladies!

So Murray was draining fluid from this poor man and punctured his heart? The fact that he was doing surgery in the first place is scary enough! He is not a Board Certified Cardiologist and yet he can perform heart surgery? Guess I don't understand the whole Medical field at all. I would think you would have to be Board Certified in order to be allowed to do heart surgery at all! I guess I can just call myself a Cardiologist too since the Certification does not seem to be too important. The more I read and hear about this man the more I fear for anyone still going to him for any kind of Medical treatment!

HumanNature

GOOD MORNING MiMi

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE ARTICLE FROM TMZ!!

PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE THAT IT COST MONEY TO PURSUE MEDICAL AND LEGAL MALPRACTICE!!!

I WONDER WOULD THE DOCTOR WHO TOLD THE WIFE COME FORWARD????

CLEARLY, CON "RAT" THE MURDERER SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE, PERIOD!!!

DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE THAT I POSTED ABOUT THE NEW LAWYER WHO ONCE REPRESENTED MJ HAVE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND JUDGE PASTOR POINTED THAT OUT YESTERDAY???

Celeb Gossip Addict

Lawyers are substantial contributors to the donwfall of this country. I too have had a case where I couldn't find a lawyer to represent me because there was not enough money to be made. Luckily, after breaking down in tears while getting the same story from yet another lawyer, he instructed me on how to fight the small case myself. I won by default after the insurance company failed to respond to my complaint in a timely manner. Lawyers really don't give two sh*ts about the little guy and yet they run our country from politics all the way down.

Master Po

I would like to take this time to point out how these mindless morons yesterday when something was posted about their hero the child toucher we are told by them its all bullcrap and lies to forward the Dr case.

Then this bullcrap story with no proof comes out of no where and the mindless minions are eating it up as if it was fact. Its amazing how out of touch and moronic these pedophiles are. If it supports their theory they buy it hook line and sinker, if it makes the King of finger popping boys look bad its a lie.

AMAZING LOGIC GUYS this is why everyone laughs at you

HumanNature

GOOD MORNING LC4Michael

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

ALL OF HIS PATIENTS ARE POOR AND ON GOV'T MEDICAID/MEDICARE!!!

THIS "QUACK" SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE, PERIOD!!!

Ulja

Michael had never used propofol ( means for anesthesia) earlier. You can check it out, no one before Murray did not use it for Michael. Dr. Klein???... he attended him for other treat purposes! What means for anesthesia were used for Michael at the clinics during plastic surgery?

ludo

quand je pense que tous le monde crois encore à tout ses mensonges , voilà celà prouve bien que la presse manipule les lecteurs qui sont tous à fond sur ce qui se dis... celà n'est pas prouvé que l'article est vrais car on dis que machin à dis que machin dis blablabla. je trouve ca déplorable de voir celà devenir tous et n'importe quoi.

MiMi

Posted at 6:16 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by HumanNature

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello HN

Yes I did see it HN.

Guess we will have to wait and see what the Estate has to say about it.

Pegasus

#33 MiMi - Thanks that was interesting information! I wonder just how many others died at his hands? Or for that matter - how many more people will have to die before someone does something to this jerk?

When I think about how he is able to keep his license and practice (besides the fact that he is a cardiologist who does not know CPR), and then that idiot Dr. Klein who is a liar, and a host of other things - gets appointed to the board of the FDA. Well I have to say this - I am very thankful that I do not live in a state where (those who make these decisions) these people are in charge of my or my family and friends medical care! Talk about incompetence, lack of intelligence and common sense, and a host of other things! GEEZ

HumanNature

james

IF THERE WAS ANY EVIDENCE THAT MJ TOUCH OR MOLESTED ANY CHILD, I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO COME OUT AGAINST HIM!!

I HAVE DONE MY OWN RESEARCH TO KNOW THE TRUTH AND BELIEVE ME IF THE FBI HAD ANY EVIDENCE OF SUCH THEY WOULD HAVE LOCKED MJ UP AND THROWN AWAY THE KEY!!!

THE FBI DID THEIR RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION AND COULD NOT FIND NOTHING!!!

NOTHING!!!

PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE CHANDLER CASE AND YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

12 JURORS LISTEN TO THE FACTS OF THE SECOND CASE AND FOUND HIM "INNOCENT/NOT GUILTY" OF ALL CHARGES!!!

FOR AS CON "RAT" THE MURDERER THERE ARE CREDIBLE EVIDENCE THAT NOT ONLY DID HE LIED TWICE ON HIS NEVADA MEDICAL LICENSE RENEWAL AND KILLED TWO PATIENT IN HIS CARE!!!

SINCE, HE IS A CARDIOLOGIST, YOU WOULD THINK THAT HE KNOW CPR!!!

BUT HE DOESN'T!!!

HE'S A DRUG DEALER WITH A LICENSE TO KILL!!!

PEACE

MiMi

HI Pegasus

Here's the thing. It seems most of Conrat's patients are elderly and/or low income. I doubt that even if other cases of alleged malpractice did occur, that they would have the means to pursue any civil action.

Also, this man who died had three other causes of death listed on the coroners report. Now I would be curious as to what the other causes were that contributed to his death.

If the puncture to the heart would have been the ONLY cause of death then it would have made it much easier to go after Conrat in a civil action lawsuit.

Master Po

I have never touched a child.
I also have never paid a child claiming to be touched to shut up.

Why have I never paid? Cause if confronted with this horrible mess I would fight it. Not pay it off.

End story