Dr. Murray Dodged Wrongful Death Lawsuit in 2007

2/16/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson wasn't the first patient to die while in Dr. Murray's care -- in fact, TMZ has learned MJ investigators spoke with the son of a former Murray patient who BLAMES the doc for killing his dad in a botched surgery.

0104_Conrad_Murray_getty_ex_2
Months after MJ's death, LAPD detectives spoke with Gerard White -- whose father died 6 days after Dr. Murray operated on his heart in Las Vegas back in 2007.

White told investigators Murray not only botched the surgery and ripped a hole in his dad's heart -- but he failed to recognize obvious, tell-tale signs that his patient was fatally wounded.

Gerard told investigators he and his family contacted a lawyer to go after Dr. Murray -- but they couldn't find an attorney who would take the case because there wasn't enough money to be made.

Gerard also said that after his father died, Murray did "exactly what he's doing in the Jackson case" ... because he never attempted to speak with his family members about the situation.

Murray's rep tell TMZ Gerard's story is "hearsay and totally unsubstantiated."

The rep adds, "Murray has medical insurance for lawsuits. If an attorney thought Gerard White had a case he surely could have been paid.  The fact that White couldn’t find a lawyer to take the case tells me White's claims most likely had no merit."

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Pegasus

GOOD MORNING!!!

LC4Michael - Human Nature - Big MiMi - Ulja - and Everyone Else1

Is it just me or what? But this whole mess of a case - just seems to be getting stranger and stranger with each day. I just keep praying that the charges against Dr. Death will be upped to Murder 1 and/or 2 - and that he will be sent away to prison for a extremely long time. JMO

But I still maintain - that someone (whether it be AEG or whoever) is behind all of Murray's financial backing. They have to be. Because for someone who is suppose to be broke, and with (as HN pointed out) 3 families to care for, legal fees, his vacation, back child-support, back taxes on his home, etc. etc. It just stands to reason, that he is not able to pay for all these things from his practice (and I use the term loosely here) is sufficient to cover all these expenses.

LC4Michael

Hi Pegasus and MiMi.

So sad that most of Murray's patients are the very elderly who cannot afford any other type of health care. It's no wonder some of them think he is so wonderful. They have never had the chance to see a "real" doctor.

MiMi

Exactly LC4

Plus he has a (gag) caring nature. Many elderly are all alone and I am sure his fake caring personality goes over very well with those patients.

I wonder if he has ever been investigated for Medicare fraud?

LC4Michael

I wonder if he has ever been investigated for Medicare fraud?

Posted at 6:58 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by MiMi

That is an excellent question!! Would not surprise me in the least if he was screwing Medicare! Like Pegasus said; how can he afford his lifestyle at all? He is getting the money from somewhere. Either someone is backing him. He did steal the cash that Michael always hid or he duped Medicare out of money. Or knowing his greedy self....All Three!!

Ulja

DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE THAT I POSTED ABOUT THE NEW LAWYER WHO ONCE REPRESENTED MJ HAVE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND JUDGE PASTOR POINTED THAT OUT YESTERDAY???

Posted at 6:16 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by HumanNature
Hi, HN! I wonder why the protection of Murray decided to change lawyers? Is new lawyer more familiar with Michael case? Or Low decided that it is not worth a damn penny? Or he is not in himself because of this strange case and has prefered to stay out it all? I don't know what to think///

mrs.chanel

THIS IS REDICULOUS! THIS IS NOT A DOCTOR, THIS IS A MONEY HUNGRY PIG! I GUESS IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER TO THIS FOOL WHO HE KILL'S! WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR IS THIS? DR. KEVORKIAN! SOMEONE STOP THIS MAN FROM PRACTCING MEDCINE! I THINK HE GOT HIS LICENSE FROM A BOX OF CRACKER JACK'S! JUST A KILLER!

R.I.P. MJ YOU WILL BE MISSED BY ALL. LOL
AND R.I.P. TO ALL THE OTHER'S THIS DOCTOR HAS KILLED...LOL

FlowerPower

I would be interested to know the reason why quackster's team decided to change his attorney's?
Could it be that they thought they would gain some insight to Michael's past this way?
I checked Joe Lowe's website and it seems to be full of news about what he has done for for quackster. It doesn't seem to me that he volunteered to go but was told to go so that they can take this other one on board?

Check it here

I hope the new attorney Nareg Gourjian is not allowed to represent quackster, conflict of interest!

I don't know where does quackster gets the money for three attorneys?
I would understand if he has only one law firm working perhaps pro bono for him, but surely not all three? Does anyone know if these are the same atty's that are defending him against Katherine's wrongful death lawsuit?

Pegasus

Its entirely one thing for a client to change lawyers - usually because they find a better one. It is a whole different thing when a lawyer decides (for whatever reason) that they no longer wish to represent someone. So that in itself - is saying something.

Pegasus

MiMi - Your right. It is very sad that Quackers patients are poor as well as elderly. They are easy targets for cons and such. Mostly because of the attention they get. It is so discusting that it occurs.

sbs

That is not the so, an attorney will not take a case based on the persons age, what they did for a living, and how much they have to put out to bring it to trial. That does not mean the doctor was not at fault. There is also a cap on malpractice and attorney will not go after wrongful death unless there is a deep pocket involved. Murry's attorney gave the "canned speech" I hope they bring this guy as a witness along with the medical records which can't lie.

Ulja

Hi Pegasus! Too much money what has been spent by Murray, too much ... When propofol was being bought in , and now still! Don't they inquire into the incomes and expenditure there? Why do not they take an interest by this?

Pegasus

Hi Ulja!

yes, that is what I would like to know also! You would think that the courts or someone would be investigating as to just where all this money to pay for everything is comming come. I don't know, maybe no one feels that it is important - just so long as they get their money.

lala

BeLIEve

lady

The fact that an attorney wouldn't take the wrongful death case doesn't mean there wasn't a case! I went through the same thing not too long ago. There were new laws put into effect in the past few years that make it harder and more expensive to conduct medical malpractice type cases.
I HOPE THEY FRY "DR" MURRAY!

J

Conrad Murray could not have operated on Mr. White's father. Dr. Murray is a Cardiologist, not a cardiothoracic surgeon. The most he could have done was an endovascular procedure (stent placement, etc.) and we don't consider that surgery.