Mickey Rooney -- My Stepson's Trying to Rob Me!

2/15/2011 4:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey Rooney's stepson has just been ordered to stay 100 yards away from the 90-year-old actor -- on grounds he "threatens, intimidates ... and harasses Mickey" ... and is trying to steal his fortune.

0215_mickey_roony_bn_getty

An L.A. judge issued the stay-away order today -- after the actor's 52-year-old stepson Christopher Aber allegedly tried to coerce Rooney into signing over his assets. Aber's wife has also been ordered to stay away from the actor.

But money ain't all Mickey's worried about -- according to his petition, "Mickey is extremely fearful that Chris will become physically threatening against Mickey and may even attempt to kidnap Mickey from his home."

In fact, Mickey asked the judge to appoint a temporary conservator to protect his assets in the wake of his stepson's alleged threats.

The judge granted his request and appointed Rooney's lawyer to serve as conservator.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Loretta Vegas

GO MICKEY!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

Angeladee1

It doesn't matter if he can take it with him or not. It's HIS MONEY! He earned it and he can burn it in a bonfire if he wants to. Shameful to pick on elderly who have served and protected our Nation. Shameful to people who turn a blind eye to it.

my opinion

Such a sad story Mickey should be enjoying the rest of his life with OUT worry...SHAME on his step-son.

Best Wishes Mickey

my opinion

best of luck Mickey...You should not have to worry about these thing u should be enjoying life...SHAME on your STEP SON

Carly

Why is his stepson even taking care of him? He would be better off spending his own money [instead of this loser] and hiring someone who would really care about him and his needs. How pathetic that his is what it's come to for him. I pray for Mickey and his health and that he gets the great care he deserves. Hey, Mick? Spend it ALL before ya' go!! No free rides for anyone!!

linda martin

i am a big fan of mr. rooney. hope this jerk of a stepson and his wife are ordered to stay away forever. no one should have to put up with this situation. how dare that man pick on mr. rooney like that. what is mr. rooney's wife doing during all this?

missbigshot

DENTAL FLOSS

Wayne

Mickey lost all his money at the tracks betting on the horses at Hollywood park other places. My grandfather told me to collect if I ever ran into him. Try Clyde Blunt blacksmith who put shoes on the horses and never bet. Mickey was a nice guy who needed a leg up at one time.

Linda

Hang in there Mickey , There are those that will do anything for money, I know , my Brother scammed me .. Good Luck

Grace

Mickey Rooney I know how you feel. My live in friend has gone
through the same thing by his brother and sister-in-law.
they have coerced him into signing his life ins over to them.
by not telling him what he was signing.just sign it they said
they did it to his sister to.
Is there anyway they can be made to return every cent they took?
He had dementia and got confused easy. They should Pay for what they did pay it back.

Jeanne

I have taken excellent care of my parents since 1990 when my dad became partially paralized and suffered with all stages of PD unil his death in 2000. Since then I have cared for my mother who now has Alzheimer's. My parents moved into my home in 1985 and in the last few years I have been accused of stealing and treating my mother poorly. This is very common behavior for aging parents. Perhaps Mickey at age 90 is experiencing some dementia? Was his grandson proven guilty? His wife is much younger, so why didn't she protect Mickey? Mickey has a reputation for being Nasty and wanting recognition. I agree with other comments that there are always 2 sides to every story!

Raejean

Glad he got his ducks in a row and a conservator was appointed. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have family, or family they can trust.

larry Bob

Mickey is totally out of his mind. This son has been his only friend over past 30 years. Other son who steered things up is heroin addict, back in Mickeys life trying to start trouble for Chris. Poor Mickey is totally out of his mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5