Oksana Extortion Case Goes to the D.A.

2/16/2011 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Oksana Grigorieva extortion case is now in the hands of the L.A. County District Attorney ... TMZ has learned.

Oksana Grigorieva Extortion

The case file went to the D.A.'s office at noon today.

As we first reported, it's all over a $15 million deal Oksana signed -- and then rejected -- during child custody mediation in May, 2010. The deal included child support, a house, and other assets ... plus the guarantee that Oksana would NOT release the audio tapes of Mel's now infamous rants.

The D.A. will now determine if Oksana will be charged with a crime.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

queenie

She had an affair, got pregnant, broke up his marriage, taped conversations, attempted extortion, and Lord only knows what else. In my opinion, she planned this every step of the way and it all involved his Million$$$$$$. Too bad she can't be deported...it would be one less person in this country expecting someone else to support them.

moussemaker

Waste of time. She is innocent.

middleagedcrazy

At least we know WHY the piano player extortionist was trying to get her criminal team together (thanks fuddy) --

Michael Flatley said no way to a rape charge and it went all the way to CA Supreme Court. While this was ongoing, the woman involved managed to get pregnant from another high-income guy -- and has made it clear that somehow the baby has to pay momma's mistakes.

Bleah.

Ptui, ptui, ptui.

champix_o

Brilliant News !!!!!!!

Ox's computer files, the iphone info .. must have been of use ..

Scarlett

Happy dance time. Let's hope they make a decision quickly

Bob

Deport that tramp now!!!!

dprice

@17

Innocent of what? of extortion? Maybe, but the case is pretty damning. She is clearly after the money and has been caught in lie after lie. Has changed her story over and over. Those are not the actions of an innocent person, those are the actions of someone grasping at straws to stay out of jail.

Majestik

Yeah, yeah, the next six months on TMZ will be "D.A. to make decision sometime next week". I guess the last two threads made Harvey choke up since they didn't even get over the 300 comment marks on either one. I'm not getting excited, next post will get is D.A. decides not to charge either and a week later will have Horkhisbitz all over TMZ discussing the civil suit then filed.

anon

Is Daniel Horowitz still representing, counseling her?

azlee

LOL majestik.......I sure hope you aren't right!!!

RY

I'm tired of reading about their crap.

BTW sometimes Oksana reminds me if Michael Jackson in her pictures for some odd reason. Maybe it's the nose.

Majestik

LOL majestik.......I sure hope you aren't right!!!

Posted at 12:59 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by azlee

Oh believe me, AZ, I hope to hell I'm talking out of my ass. Things just don't add up in some spots, that's all. What's going on with the DV, has the D.A. already got that file on his desk too?

angelika466

Harvey as a percentage, how likely is it that the DA will charge Oksana?

Posted at 12:53 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by angelika466

My question for live. Taking bets, does it get answered or not?

Majestik

Is Daniel Horowitz still representing, counseling her?

Posted at 12:57 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by anon

If he hasn't been paid anything yet, I'm sure he is. He wants the deniro.

Majestik

Harvey as a percentage, how likely is it that the DA will charge Oksana?

Posted at 12:53 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by angelika466

My question for live. Taking bets, does it get answered or not?

Posted at 1:03 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by angelika466

We'll get the safe and comfortable, 50% so if it goes either way Harvey can say "I told you so". If he's shut up this long about anything else on this case, he won't answer this one with anything but.